one missed call

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
So this one missed call...has anyone seen it yet? It started playing in theaters yesterday. A remake of the Japanese version.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I heard that it sucks compared to the original version; LOL I love the original version so I know I'll hate this one already. In the trailers it looks so different, but I read on the review from takeshi the original directer that the storyline was suppose to follow a different storyline nothing like the original... and the ringtone is edited! I wanted to go see it just to criticize it LOL, but have to wait till my husband has his days off work wed and thurs. cause he also wanted to see it ....

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I like American remakes for the most part because I hate trying to find the original and than having to read the damn subtitles. What I hate more than subtitles is dubbing.

I haven't seen it yet, I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD. I'm waiting for another movie to come out.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
its out today but didn't went to see it...i'm kinda tired of american re-making japanese movies...they should do their own...but jux mu opinion...

Liberty

sarNie Adult
its out today but didn't went to see it...i'm kinda tired of american re-making japanese movies...they should do their own...but jux mu opinion...
We do make our own movies, need I remind you of the purpose of Hollywood.
Americans only remake foreign movies that they deem worthy or think will fetch a lot of money (most of the time anyway). They remake it to suit a different kind of audience. Different parts of the world has varying taste and what's considered appropriate. It's like comedy, something might be funny in one part of the world but in another it wouldn't be, it might even be considered offensive.

With American movies that are shown worldwide, you're going to find varying versions of the same movie. They do it according to audience within a region.

donna

sarNie Adult
didn't go see it. was going to but saw i am legend instead. it was a pretty okay movie.

my sis friend said that she saw the asian version of one missed call. she said that it was scary to her. but then again she is a fraidy cat

mango

Lakornaddict ;)
this movie was WACKK!!
i went to see it last night with some friends mah sister mah cousin and mah dad. and it was not scary one bit..
and it was soo different from dhe asian version. dhe asain version was so much better.
lol
i thought it was funny and there were some parts dhat dhere was some ughhh lookin things lol
buh nothing all dhat
come on now it was rated pg-13 so yeahhh

another movie dhat took an asian name is They Ey starrin jessica alba. so yeahhh lol

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
We do make our own movies, need I remind you of the purpose of Hollywood.
Americans only remake foreign movies that they deem worthy or think will fetch a lot of money (most of the time anyway). They remake it to suit a different kind of audience. Different parts of the world has varying taste and what's considered appropriate. It's like comedy, something might be funny in one part of the world but in another it wouldn't be, it might even be considered offensive.

With American movies that are shown worldwide, you're going to find varying versions of the same movie. They do it according to audience within a region.

yahhh...sometimes...

pen

sarNie Egg
I've watched the original ones (one miss call pt 1 and 2) long time ago, I've watched the US version as well and in my opinion the remake isn't that bad. I'm wondering why they nearly always make the remakes version of either Japanese or Korean movies recently. Lack of idea?