❤️[ONE31] A Gift to the People You Hate (GMMTV): Toni Rakkaen / Yayaying Rhatha / Mek Jirakit / Namtan Tipnaree / Victor Zheng

CPY

GotomySin
Episode 5 is crazy AF! First casualty amongst the lead cast. And I didn't expect Ying's role to turn out to be like she was in this episode. I just felt like her last scenes could have been executed better.

And now that Chut found out about Bell going to the shop, I wonder if he'll finally see that himself.

Episode 6 - Please don't kill Ploy!!!
I saw in other trailer that Ploy will die. Yes, I didn't expect the surprise.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ I just thought that Ying have a personal vendetta against Ploy's dad. But turns out it's a bigger cause and they managed to insert some political undertones in this drama. (This is Thailand!) And at first I thought she was wise enough to use other people's lives to meet that 80 quota, but no it's because she was deemed worthless. And I also thought she will use Nammon's role as a "sacrifice" to the shop, but she ended up using Oat. She grew a conscience and didn't proceed with the ghastly transaction, but tragedy strikes after that.

Anyway, that pig-head shop owner is such an effin' troll!!! I just can't wait for that face to be unveiled (but I won't be surprised if he'll just troll us hahaha).

sarNie Adult
lol I'm just reading your posts to see how it goes. Not sure if I'll pick it back up quite yet.

Wonder if the shop owner is just a regular human with a vendetta against them all or just the devil who's gonna laugh at the end, when everyone dies lol. So far, for the people who begin the path of buying gifts, it always comes back to them.

sarNie Adult
Ying's story was sooooooo much better than the previous ones. I wonder why she didn't develop any hate for that group she was in. Why didn't it occur to her that they were just using her?

I think I can't sympathize with the students, because their hate for each other just seem petty. It's like High School hate but now they can give these twisted gifts to each other. And with Mek buying a gift for the people who accidentally killed his parents, I couldn't sympathize with him. It was an accident. Had his parents been done the one to do it, he wouldn't want anyone sending a gift to them for revenge either. So I can't feel anything for the students, and their parts of the story is lame for me.

Pig mask dude just makes me wanna back hand slap him lol. WTF dude. It's like everyone knows about him anyway. Don't they think they'd just all be sending gifts to each other until everyone croaks over?

sarNie Adult
Poor Ploy. Girl has always felt guilty and hated herself. Then she dies knowing her father chose power over her.

Not sure if she chose not to turn herself in because of how it would affect her dad or whether she did it out of selfishness. If the former, would be really messed up.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
It's really about the dad. He seems so power hungry and I can't wait for the comeuppance next episode.

So far, 2 main characters have been killed off. They're hinting for a 3rd last episode but I don't think it's happening, at least just yet. By the look of things, it might turn out that Prang and Nun are the only survivors by the end of this drama haha.

Last edited:

sarNie Adult
Daddy is cray cray. He'll either die or something will come up for him to lose the race.

No one's gonna win in this gift giving game anyway. You're lucky to be let out of its loop.

Who's left: Toni, Namtarn, Viktor, Ying, Prang & Mek. Well, Prang accidentally killed her classmate, so it'll be interesting to see her get away from that after what happened to Ploy.

(I'm bad w remembering character names)

Just waiting to see why the pig mask is such a troll lol. If dude's got no reason or backstory, Imma be upset haha.

sarNie Adult
lol that fool is still alive and turned the tables on those masked people.

Why does Viktor see the store though? He's supposed to be one of the good people.

sarNie Adult
It's getting a lot better now. Shouldn't have started with the student drama and all that stalker/masturbating stuff. A lot of people already lost interest. I didn't pick it back up until I read your post about Ying's story.

Poor Viktor. I feel like that store just randomly appears to the people involved in this circle, because Viktor didn't have any hate.

sarNie Adult
Dude, you're behind. It was revealed in the previous episode.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ I think it was just pig mask mind-fucking Chut. I saw that scene, but I haven't watched the last 2 episodes yet.

GMMTV has actually posted that they will reveal the identity of pig mask on Friday. Maybe it's Chut's dad after all, but I hope it's someone not underwhelming hehe.

sarNie Adult
Ah gotcha. Thank god, because yes, that was underwhelming. I was just thinking "I wasted my time for that? Ending better blow my mind, fam."

sarNie Adult
The story itself is actually good, but the execution just didn't do it justice. I think Japan would have done a really great job on this one. Thailand still has some ways to go with storylines like these. I hope they'll keep trying different types of storylines and eventually they'll get better.

For years, they've stuck with the same formulaic storylines that does well in Thailand and surrounding countries, but we have access to a lot more diverse content now. If they don't want to fall behind other countries, they're going to need to step outside their comfort zone more.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Finally got to finish this, it took me 3 months to finish the last 3 episodes. Thanks quarantine! Haha!

I got teary-eyed in the beginning of the last episode when Chut finally decided to appear to Bell after weeks of ghosting her. Their scenes in the last episode tugged my heart strings.

I gave this a 9.0 rating in MyDramaList.