AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
aiyaja said:
Or

The singer can be wondering how "their" lives will be since nothing was really emphasized so it can go either way. Haha. :wackonut:

Thai can be ambiguous because unlike English, they don't emphasize the pronouns. Hahah.

Hehe, every language is so different! :bhehe: It's hard yet rewarding when you're learning a new language. :dance1:

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Like how this person translated this line is soooo off. :secret:

ก็รู้ แต่ดึงหัวใจไม่เคยอยู่
Gor roo dtae deung hua jai mai koey yoo
I know, but my heart is never here to pull

You have to be fluent in both languages to translate well enough not to lose its original meaning. I'm not saying, I'm the best, but that line up there was a big boo boo because sometimes there is no way of translating certain Thai words or phrases such as that one up there or the term Por Liang. :dance1:

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Anyway, either way...that reminds during one of the BTS clips of ToomVill when they were filming for Zeal and Noona's song, they asked Toomtam what his take is on the song. Toomtam said it's about a guy who has decided to love this woman, whether he ends up with her or not because they can't, it's no longer important, he has made up his mind to love her, give her his heart until the very end. Awwwweee! The chemistry between them was just over the top.

That song up there, Hua Jai Mai Yoo Gub Tua's meaning is so similar to Ngao Jai's OST. And the funny thing is, the OST has been playing all along while they were filming to have the cast get into the scenes and characters. Remember how during that one waterfall scene, they had the music playing in the background? And that was wayyyy before we even knew what the songs were?!

So is it a coincidence that Toomtam has been liking songs related to Ngao Jai's overall meaning and situation? I don't know. You guys be the judge. :pervie:

AikOm^_^

aiyaja said:
Anyway, either way...that reminds during one of the BTS clips of ToomVill when they were filming for Zeal and Noona's song, they asked Toomtam what his take is on the song. Toomtam said it's about a guy who has decided to love this woman, whether he ends up with her or not because they can't, it's no longer important, he has made up his mind to love her, give her his heart until the very end. Awwwweee! The chemistry between them was just over the top.

That song up there, Hua Jai Mai Yoo Gub Tua's meaning is so similar to Ngao Jai's OST. And the funny thing is, the OST has been playing all along while they were filming to have the cast get into the scenes and characters. Remember how during that one waterfall scene, they had the music playing in the background? And that was wayyyy before we even knew what the songs were?!

So is it a coincidence that Toomtam has been liking songs related to Ngao Jai's overall meaning and situation? I don't know. You guys be the judge. :pervie:

I'm bad at judging though. :bhehe: Aw, how unfortunate that they're just tied to other people right now. But just getting to jin them on screen and off screen is enough for my heart. :heart: Those two can deny it all they want, but some things are just too obvious and can't be denied. Their feelings are like a fragile dam, building up, waiting to be burst open. Hopefully, by the time there's a third collaboration, it will burst free and flow passionately, if not smoothly. :dance1: But whatever happens will happen. So, praying the best for both of them, and really, just getting to see them on screen is heaven enough. :wub:

lanblue

sarNie Hatchling
Thank you, aiyaja, for your never failing help. Chinese is similar in that. Pronouns are omitted now and then, and sometimes it causes confusion or even misunderstanding. And that's why I don't really think I'll ever be a competent translator, just try my best.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Haha, they would literally send me to heaven if they sang the duet in this Meet and Greet but ughhh, what I've learned from this whole ToomVill experience ever since SSP is, everything falls short. Even when I didn't expect anything for the ending of Ngao Jai because we've been wayyyyy too disappointed this entire time whether it be promotions, talkshows, gameshows, you name it, I still ended up being majorly disappointed when I expected nothing. Like how can that even happen?! Hahah, not that we're picky, but there's so much red tape between ToomVill plus they're both always cut short too. Anyway, I would donate $100 bucks to someone randomly on this thread if ToomVill sang the Zeal and Noona duet together, like the whole song as a serious performance. :rockon: :bhehe:

Uh okayyyyyy, maybe not $100 but I'll send out 4 itunes gift cards to 4 random people, share the love. So we'll see if it happens or not.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
lanblue said:
Thank you, aiyaja, for your never failing help. Chinese is similar in that. Pronouns are omitted now and then, and sometimes it causes confusion or even misunderstanding. And that's why I don't really think I'll ever be a competent translator, just try my best.
Anytime na. Don't ever feel like you're bothering me. When it comes to ToomVill, I'm always more than willing plus thank you to all of the Chinese fans who have been our partner on this Ngao Jai journey! :kiss2:

Ohhh, goodnight all! :dance1:

AikOm^_^

aiyaja said:
Haha, they would literally send me to heaven if they sang the duet in this Meet and Greet but ughhh, what I've learned from this whole ToomVill experience ever since SSP is, everything falls short. Even when I didn't expect anything for the ending of Ngao Jai because we've been wayyyyy too disappointed this entire time whether it be promotions, talkshows, gameshows, you name it, I still ended up being majorly disappointed when I expected nothing. Like how can that even happen?! Hahah, not that we're picky, but there's so much red tape between ToomVill plus they're both always cut short too. Anyway, I would donate $100 bucks to someone randomly on this thread if ToomVill sang the Zeal and Noona duet together, like the whole song as a serious performance. :rockon: :bhehe:

No, no, no, no, don't donate your $100 bucks randomly! Donate it to me! :spin: :worthy: Aah, this is why we have to ask (more like demand haha) that from them and One HD! Did you finish your message to them yet? I'll work hard on mine after this post, I swear! Even if not the whole song, just listening to them singing a short snippet of it is heaven enough, right? Yeah, please let it be a serious and heartfelt performance. :blush: Let it be like their skit during their Jan Dai Jai segment!

All righty, :goodnite: to you, then, Aiyaja. :kiss: I'm going to hop over to One HD's IG and Facebook and cause some mayhem before going to sleep. :numchuck:

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Hahahh! You're too funny!

I'll try to finish my message to them later today when I wake up.

You know, I'm greedy! I want the whole song in a real performance like how Ch. 3 does theirs. I can never just settle for a tease. Hehe. I would want more!

Just like Toomtam's small tidbits of the OST! Had me wanting more. Hahah.

AikOm^_^

aiyaja said:
Hahahh! You're too funny!

I'll try to finish my message to them later today when I wake up.

You know, I'm greedy! I want the whole song in a real performance like how Ch. 3 does theirs. I can never just settle for a tease. Hehe. I would want more!

Just like Toomtam's small tidbits of the OST! Had me wanting more. Hahah.

Oh, I originally thought that you meant you'll donate your $100 to a random Asianfuse member, but I now realized you meant any one of us in this lovely thread. :grouphug: Ah, ok, I can accept that. But seriously, you and I are buddies, right? :ghehe: I'm praying that ToomVill will sing the whole song, and I'm also praying you'll "randomly" select me to win that $100. Ooh, I believe I see what my message should be now...

Dear One HD, Toomtam, and Vill:

Please sing Zeal and Noona's duet (the whole song), Toomtam and Vill, just so I can win $100 from a friend. You would enrich my mind and funds and make me so much happier. Thank you very much.

From a loving and desperate fan.

Ok, I seriously need to start cracking on that message! :weee: When you write out yours, Aiyaja, please do mention our names! :spin: :wink: KimBerry, ImmaSingaholic, Ceda, Marina, and I are among those who want to see them sing the duet! I'm sure every ToomVill lover wants to see them sing together! :woot:

Well, I'm greedy as well, but hehe, I'm far more easily pleased than you. :lolyup: OH, MY LORD! I would DIE if they ever give out a performance like Yaya and Nadech did for that Give Me 5: Concert Rate A concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: :woot: :woot2: Haha, that would be pushing it way too far, but I can dream. :pervie: Yes, Toomtam's tidbits about the OST got me craving for more goodies, too! :cry1: :yummy:

G

aiyaja said:
It's not offensive at all ja. :dance1: I'll be more than happy to clarify. And anyone who knows Thai can correct me too in case I'm missing anything. There are some errors in that person's translations. No offense. That person translated some lines literally, which doesn't make sense.

In the Thai language, the lines in the songs rarely ever start with I, you, or him/her, so it's sometimes hard to really know who they're referring to until you've reached the middle of the line and then you understand oh, it's I, you, or he. However, in this song, the singer (Toomtam) is referring to himself, his own feelings, his own battles, so it would be his life.

Yak roo waa cheewit ja been yaang rai is broken up like this: Yak (Want) roo (know) cheewit (life) ja (will) been (be) yaang (like) rai (how). Notice how there is no I or my or me? That's how the Thai language is. However in English, it would be I and my.

You put it together and it comes out to be "I want to know how my life is going to be like." It can't be "I want to know how your life is," because if that was the case they would have emphasized it and changed it to be: Yak roo waa cheewit ter ja been yaang rai. Ter (Your) would be in the middle because the line would still have started with Yak (Want) instead of Chun (I). So it would have still made sense if they meant it that way. But in this case, they didn't use ter (your), so the singer is wondering how his life will be, not hers.

I don't know if that makes sense. Hehe. :bhehe:
Actually, check the lyrics again, it *DOES* say อยากรู้ ว่าชีวิตเธอเป็นอย่างไร  "yahk roo cheewit tur bpen yahng rai", so it is translated to "I want to know how your life is." :p
But if all pronouns are left out, it is open to interpretation because it could mean any manner of things depending on context alone.
Any other mistakes I may have made, I apologize for my English hahaha :p
But I still stand by my translation :)

holy watershed! The lyrics of that song is. :woot:  :woot: ... :heart:  I will never lose hope for them. Thank you for translating Aiyaja.  :grouphug:  :kiss:

Maiko: Yes I would like  to hear ToomVill sing the OST together. It's a concert so Vill should do something because she's the nang'ake. She can't just stand there and look pretty..unless it's an eye sex with Toomtam then fine. :dance1:  :dance1:

Ohhhh please there'll be a $100 up for grab if they sang?? Oh la la!  :dance1:  :dance1:  :dance1:

I was wondering what is OneHD's FB page too..lemme check.

I also want to see N'Nava in the concert..on stage with ToomVill, she could be their little one. I hope they do a skit like that..

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Maiko^_^ said:

Aw, Pope and Mew's second lakorn was a disappointment?

Haha, I'll be expecting more rants from you and the others. :lol:

Aah, Yadech are so lucky. :spin: I'm happy for them! :clap: As for ToomVill, aw... I'll settle for them on screen, even though yep, they're meant for each other. :wub:

Hahaha! :rofl: You were really active in SSP's thread, but before that, you were quite famous elsewhere, too. :bhehe: :kiss: And AWWWWWWWWW! Really, only for ToomVill will you live in a thread? :spin: Too sweet, Ceda girl. :cry: :heart:
I was famous elsewhere?  Where?  I don't recall.  :scratchhead2: So you have seen me act a fool on other threads other than NJ & SSP? 

aiyaja said:
It's funny because music is the language of the heart, of your current mood, your current feelings, and just overall secrets that you can never say or tell anyone. :pervie: So was this an indirect confession? :shrug: Hahaha! :crush:
Absolutely agree! :rockon: It has to be an indirect confession.  Maybe if his real life May can pick up the message he's trying to convey, she might be the bigger person & let him go to pursue Vill.  I highly doubt that though...considering how "clingy" she is. 

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Guest said:
Actually, check the lyrics again, it *DOES* say อยากรู้ ว่าชีวิตเธอเป็นอย่างไร  "yahk roo cheewit tur bpen yahng rai", so it is translated to "I want to know how your life is." :p
But if all pronouns are left out, it is open to interpretation because it could mean any manner of things depending on context alone.
Any other mistakes I may have made, I apologize for my English hahaha :p
But I still stand by my translation :)
Hahah, thanks for taking your time in clarifying. :spin:  I listened to Toomtam again and Mariam plus looked up the lyrics, yes, it does have the "TER". I must apologize to you. I heard Toomtam's "TER" as "JA". Haha, go listen to him, it's slurred to a point where it sounded like ja and I didn't look at the lyrics in Thai either, was too tired last night, and there is where the mistake happened. Mariam stresses the T in Ter, so you can clearly hear it, but Toomtam doesn't enunciate it as much. No, no, you're right. :coverlaf:  I'm the one who must apologize. :worthy:  And like I said, certain Thai phrases are hard to translate like the one I pointed out, it's hard to really carry over its meaning when there are no words to translate them, hopefully, I didn't offend you na. :secret: I've edited my post. Haha, thanks again.

Ahh, I woke up late after sleeping late last night. I'm off to subbing for now.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
:whahuh: Did anyone see Toomtam's IG today?  He used one of those aging apps to made him look old.  WOW...scary!  :lolyup: