[OneHD] Pidsawat (Exact) : Noon Woranuch Pong Nawat

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
is anyone subbing this? I can't understand anything! What was the narration at the beginning of epi 1 saying?

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I don't know what the ratings are but Ch. One uploaded a clip saying that this lakorn has broken all rating records at their channel, I assume, so it's doing AWESOME right now in terms of ratings and buzz.

I think Ch. One isn't uploading the episodes at their Youtube channel is because the buzz and ratings are so good, they may do a DVD set or something.

Episode 4: My favorite part was the show. Omg. Can it be any more perfect? It was ALL the right feels. Gosh, all of the sorrow, angst, and emotions brought me to tears too as well as chills. Lol

Episode 5: Omg, I cried during the scene when she asked him, "Assume that if I were that girl, what would you like to say to her." And he said, "I would like to protect her better than this." Omg. The dialogue was on POINT. Both cried so beautifully. And then at the hospital when he kept saying her name, Ubol.

This lakorn is SOOOOOOO freaking good, every minute. I don't think it'll be for long either in terms of episodes because we've pretty much seen almost every scene in the music video, opening preview, and teasers.

A character I find to be the most annoying is Chedta. Omg. Can the guy get any more ignorant? Seriously, he accuses Sarochini as a murderer and then now, he's accusing her of being a home wrecker?? Like, dude. I get it that you love Thip but seriously, though? I am disappointed at his selfish and rude behavior. Yes, your profession requires scientific reasoning and proof for everything but as a person who's been educated that much, you would think he would know by now that there's very little that humans know. Just because it's invisible to the naked eye, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Education and experience hasn't broaden his horizons and prejudices. He's so narrowminded, it's crazy to believe why he's still trusted in that profession. I don't find him smart at all. I find him double standard. He's all up in Sarochini's face about being a killer and home wrecker YET he's using his sneaky ways to find out more about her and continues to use and ask her about things. Seriously. He's sooooo double standard, it's annoying. The things that he says to her are plain out disrespectful. Who says that to a woman they don't even know? He needs to leave his emotions out of his work. He already labelled Sarochini guilty even before the facts are out. He's the most judgemental bigot of all in this lakorn. Hahah, boy prancing around like he some smart hot shot but little does he know, he don't know squat. It makes me laugh when I see people like this.

Sure he loves Thip and sort of cares for Akk, but seriously though? Don't be so sure about anything. It's like he already put Sarochini on a death sentence even before knowing her story. Sarochini has every right to protect the treasures from filthy hands and has every right to Akk before Thip.

Anyway, my rant for today.

AdeNike

sarNie Egg
Does anyone know by chance if this will get subbed into Eng? Watching raw will be quite frustrating lol!

honda

sarNie Hatchling
I agree, Chedta is annoying and unprofessional. In his eyes, Sarochinee is guilty because she's a threat to Thip and Akk's relationship, he's letting his personal feelings for Thip cloud his judgement.

sarNie Adult
So from the haunting rumors, sounds like no one is gonna be replacing Khun Ubol in the end. Just gotta see the reason why. I really wanted her to be free.

dertaajaf

sarNie Adult
Have been shied away from lakorn world but seeing this thread growing to large page numbers by day, I was compelled to drop by. Have seen the teasers, known from the beginning that this one was the one which cancelled from the producer's plan years ago and resurrected by adding Pong and Noon. Have been a silent lurker to see the progress.

Maybe this has been asked before, but does this character Khun Ubol based on real story or real person? Like is there any shrine dedicated to her (just like Nang Nak/Mae Nak)? I'm familiar with thai's urban legend but have never heard a thing abouth the story.

And so sorry to spoil the mood, as far as this lakorn going, is there anyone who subbed this? Really want to understand the story and my basic knowledge of thai language is just blah :facepalm:

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I was going to start this but couldn't find it on their YouTube channel so I was confused and thought they were taking the CH7 route.

About the ratings, I saw Pantip people getting into fights bout it and I'm confused about that also lol. Apparently OneHD are reporting that the latest episodes got 4.4, and 5.4 but that's only Bangkok's ratings. The overall ratings are in the 2s. But I'm still not sure why Pantip is so catty over the whole thing.

honda

sarNie Hatchling
For me, this lakorn is the best out of the current lakorns that is airing right now. Something about khun Ubol just draws you in.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
We will never know for sure if she will be WILLINGLY or NOT to protect the national treasures if she knew the true, but at least we knows she loves her country and probably will do everything she can to protect the treasures. Therefore is hard to judge what it would have been like if she knew. To me as of now the only thing, that I can think of is what/why pra'ak did to her is because he trusted her completely and knew that there is no one better to protect the treasures than her, because of her loves for her country, so in his mind he probably entrusted these to his one and only person that he loves and trusts with all his heart to guard it. Short coming on his part or not, or even if it kills him(inside) to killed his beloved wife, but in the circumstance they were in he can't see any other choice.

Sorry I'm a little off topic, just thought I shares this...

Back to Khun Ubol's true story* sad as it may be, at least she is guarding something she loves and treasures with her life. If anyone saw or watches videos on YT of the story and history of the "Lao Khang peoples" now living or struck in Thailand, that was chases or uproots from Laos Luang Prabang and Vientiane during the Siam and Laos war couple of hundred years ago, there they were ordinary peoples (rich, upper class peoples) curse and killed a child/children as young as 7 or 8 years old to guard their good and valuables they buried in the ground during their fleeting from their home/war. Those innocent kids does not know or care about those treasures(unlike Khun Ubol's loves for it), yet they were curses for eternity to guard it. That is just as sad that their lives has ended because of greed; Khun Ubol life ended because of loves. :sad6: No, I'm not saying one is better than the other because both are bad and barbaric, it's just that one is done with honor and one is ___ I don't even know what you would described those parent that did that to their child. :crybaby2:
my distant cousin in laos was actually killed in a similar way. But in her situation, her husband's family found some gold that was being guarded and in order for them to take the gold, they had to find someone to sacrifice to replace the original spirit that was sacrificed there, so they killed my cousin and took the gold. But last I heard, bad things has been happening to those people. My uncles and them went to the place that they killed my cousin and they had a big alter and and all those things like they'd have in movies/lakorns when they do those type of scenes.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
How did her husband's family get away with murder?!
it was in Laos, she went missing for while, they couldn't prove that his family took her. They only found out when one of the person involved in the killing came out with the truth because they didn't pay him the portion that they promised him. Even then, with the laws and justice system in Laos especially in the villages, they couldn't do much. They never recovered the body either.

honda

sarNie Hatchling
If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was this? You hear about things like back in the accent days but no has really confirmed it to be true.

sarNie Adult
I was going to start this but couldn't find it on their YouTube channel so I was confused and thought they were taking the CH7 route.

About the ratings, I saw Pantip people getting into fights bout it and I'm confused about that also lol. Apparently OneHD are reporting that the latest episodes got 4.4, and 5.4 but that's only Bangkok's ratings. The overall ratings are in the 2s. But I'm still not sure why Pantip is so catty over the whole thing.
People tend to get catty when there are a difference in opinions instead of just accepting that people are different and will think and see things differently. It's possible to disagree and still have a constructive discussion. People would get more out of the storyline that way than just to see things one way.

whitedove

sarNie Adult
As far as OneHD goes, rating above 2.0 is considered a big hit (meaning if the national rating is 2.0+ then it's definitely a big hit alright) so I don't know why some people prefer to be catty about it.

Mannie

sarNie Adult
I have a huge exam on Friday so I can't write much but I loved episode 5!!

I watched more on Pitsawart and read more. I think Khun Ubol is suspected to be a real person although there's not any objective evidence that can confirm this. All is based on the writer and actors being visited by Khun Bua/Sarochinee/Khun Ubol. There's stories like this that have happened that we know about, and it was going to be adapted as a lakorn and novel. Just no one knew of any specifics concerning the names until Khun Ubol hinted it was her spiritually. Correct me if I'm wrong. People say she's a real person, just not one that we can pin point out of the blue.

And unfortunately no one is subbing this. It maybe popular in Thailand but there's not a big enough fan base for these types of storylines that international fans would sub.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
The Bangkok ratings and overall national ratings are going to be different but what matters most is the Bangkok ratings so 5.4 is super high and awesome. Based on One HD's most recent news clip, they said this lakorn is the highest rated lakorn in the digital aspect.

It's like those action lakorns at Ch. 7 produced by that one company, I think Colesium, can't really remember, but they do very well in ratings in other provinces but not so much BKK. And then you have lakorns that do super well in BKK but not other provinces so their overall rating isn't high but it's still considered a huge hit ratings wise and buzz. So BKK ratings are the most important in terms of success.

Anyway, ratings are ratings. But this lakorn is awesome. The storyline is well paced, script well written, and acting superbly done. Gosh, I've been crying along. I'm so touched and passionate about this lakorn. Lol

Khun Bua/Khun Ubol isn't written in history or there isn't a place at her hometown where people can visit her like Mae Nak, but she's believed to be real since there's so much paranormal activity. She makes her presence known even though she's not documented. And Chedta should learn that in reality just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean you can disrespect it and disregard it. Like religions. Just because I'm not a Buddhist doesn't mean I'm going to disrespect it's rituals and beliefs. That's just courtesy.

It's not that this lakorn isn't famous enough here internationally. It probably is but as we all know subbing takes a lot of time that a lot of us don't have. Lol

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was this? You hear about things like back in the accent days but no has really confirmed it to be true.
Yeah, as a little kid, my mom always tells stories of how back then rich older folks would trick little kids into "watching" their money/gold for them, and the little kids wouldn't know any better. After they agree to "watching" the money, they'd get killed and be cursed to watch the money until the owner comes back for it or until someone brings a replacement spirit.

The incident was maybe during the early 2000's if I'm remembering correctly, during that new wave of Hmong refugees from Thailand. During that time a lot of Hmong people from Laos left to Thailand again for a chance to come to the US as refugee status. The in laws claimed that my uncle and them sent my cousin to Thailand to come to the US or married her off to a Hmong american guy and just wanted to blame her disappearance on the husband (they were going through a divorce during that time)

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
Okay I haven't had the chance to comment on this lakorn so here I go. First of all, FINALLLY an awesome lakorn from Nune. god it's been awhile since I've watched her lakorn. I think the last lakorn I watched of hers that I really enjoyed was Tong Nuer Kao. But anyways, I wasn't going to watch this lakorn bc I'm not a fan of Pong but that 30 second teaser of Ubol walking with the chain tied around her ankle was freaken intriguing! I like how this lakorn doesn't require skinship between pranangs so teh storyline itself was able to pull me in.

Gosh I feel so bad for Ubol, like WTH Khun Phra, that scene where he chopped her head off--that scene was epic like I've never seen a lakorn where the "praek" kills his own lover. I didn't get why he did that though, I know he made her swear and promise to guard the treasure but was it also because he wanted to be with Thip? And speaking of Thip, I know she's a good person but I don't like her LOL. I don't hate her but I just....what's the word for it...munsai? I think I might be the only one here that doesn't like her. I think it's bc of her past life too that make me not like her with her being that third person in the relationship. Like how could you betray someone who sees you as their little sister/friend? I can't stand people like that. UNLESS I'm reading the whole storyline wrong I know she probably won't get with Akkanee at the end bc Ubol is after his life so I'm wondering, is she gonna get with Cherd/Chate? forgot his name already.

I think my favorite scene so far out of all the episodes that aired was the performance scene in episode 4. Holy shit just the intro of the soldier walking in and the Thai music started playing gave me goosebumps.

I know Nune didn't want to play in this lakorn but she said she had a dream that she saw a woman wearing Thai costume, supposedly it was Khun Ubol. So is Khun Ubol a real person? And how much of the cast encounter eerie situation because they did a lot of stunts and scenes that can offend you know what lol