Options of Asia American actors & actress in Western movies or on TV show?

Should there be more Asia American actresses & actors in moives or in TV show

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amy

Sarnie Royalty
Yes I difinitly think they should and also reasonable role. So far the one i seem also play stupid or bad guy or not good looking. <_<

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Yes, but only if they can actually act.
I don't want an Asian person on TV on in the movies unless they have talent, it's more than looks for me.
Besides for TV shows if the actor/actress isn't great it ruins the show and they either get written off, replaced or the show tanks and gets cancelled.

I'd like to see Asian people doing more diverse roles, maybe something that has nothing to do with martial arts or being a doctor.

Oh! Lucy Lui is on this new show called Cashmere Mafia, it's like Sex in the City. I watched one episode but couldn't really get into it.

unanalyzed

sarNie Egg
Yes, but only if they can actually act.
I don't want an Asian person on TV on in the movies unless they have talent, it's more than looks for me.
Besides for TV shows if the actor/actress isn't great it ruins the show and they either get written off, replaced or the show tanks and gets cancelled.

I'd like to see Asian people doing more diverse roles, maybe something that has nothing to do with martial arts or being a doctor.

Oh! Lucy Lui is on this new show called Cashmere Mafia, it's like Sex in the City. I watched one episode but couldn't really get into it.
Totally agree with you on this.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
Li Yei Fei is coming to hollywood :wub:
Seriously? I love her. She was amazing in Condor Heroes and Chinese Paladin<3

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
You know I actually posted about this somewhere else but my theory on why they don't let Asian Actresse's and Actors go into such big roles is because it's opening to big of a door. Like they prefer the Americans to be into their own culture and stuff.. if we start putting Asian actors and actresse's on the screen then they are afraid that it'll be letting to much into another culture... Asian directors and producers are going to start making it big also and it'll be a phase where people are into the asian culture .. . it's a type of marketing rule... just like business wise they are trying to cut down on imports so therefore the directors and producers probably out of patriotism wants to keep Asian actors and Actress's under their thumb for awhile. They don't want us to lose touch with our American plots and actors and actress's .. it's hard to say really what I'm trying to say lol .. but I hope that somewhat paints the picture... another example is ... commercials are effective right? well if Asians started advertising their stuff on tv .. then what would we americans do? lol go out and buy them lol or start using them ... creating a trend ... and etc etc..