Oriental

while growing up, not one person ever used the word oriental with me. i only heard about the term when someone was talking about how offensive it was. B)

the only mistake people like to call me is "chinese." if they're not asian, most people just think you're chinese but then they get confused with the eyelids. my god. ^_^ oh. now a days, it's philipino, too. :lol:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Okay, am I the only person that finds that term offensive when used to describe Asian people?
Not only is it offensive.. it's embarrasing to be talking to someone who just called me oriental; it's like the ignorance just wants to make me laugh.

judyp

sarNie Adult
i haven't been called oriental nor have i heard someone refer to asians as oriental. but it does bother me that people think all asians are chinese. one of my co-workers said, "the chinese lady in line at the store..blah blah blah" how do you know that she's chinese? did you ask her? do you know her? i wouldn't be bothered if someone just said, "asian lady". not all asians are chinese.

nina07

sarNie Adult
I dont get that offensive. Its just like when they ask me are you asian? and im like, DUH. haha. But i do get offensive when like they just ask me stupid stuff so they could laugh no offense, but especially hispanics, since i live in dallas and mostly hispanics go to my school. sometimes it just gets too annoying :rolleyes:

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
I dont get that offensive. Its just like when they ask me are you asian? and im like, DUH. haha. But i do get offensive when like they just ask me stupid stuff so they could laugh no offense, but especially hispanics, since i live in dallas and mostly hispanics go to my school. sometimes it just gets too annoying :rolleyes:
totally agree i don't think its that offensive i mean its offensive but not liek that offensive

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
don't even get me started. <_<

me, my sister & her friends [who are all asians] went to a party [there was nothing but whites] & there was this stupid ignorant mutha sucker who called us 'oriental'.

he was like 'excuse me oriental girls....' & i was like was like 'what the ...?!' i was seriously gonna curse him out but decided not to because i didn't want any problems.

people these days are just stupid & uneducated. <_<