papaya salad

stephanie

sarNie Adult
just a random thought. What's ur favorite type of papaya salad? I like the ones mixed in with kaboon! and do u know how to make papaya salad??? Hehehe cause I don't. Lol.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I love papaya salad! I like mine with peanuts and carrots with pla rah or padaek, long beans, tamarind juice, palm sugar, and verrrryyyyyy SPICY probably because of my northern thailand roots lol! Capsaicin makes me a happy camper :). I actually tried vegan som tum this spring break and it was very delicious too just like som tum thai! I'm actually surprised how good it tasted! So yes my favorites are som tum thai and som tum lao. I don't like som tum poo (I hate crabs!).

And yes I know how to make papaya salad. But it's hard to find malakor here, I have to head to the city to find it.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
The one mix with Kapoon noodles (Vermicelli) are good to slurp. I love Papaya salad and could it it all day or all year round. I don't which style it's in as long as it's sour, salt, tangy, spicy...then I'm all in. I just recently tried Som Tum Poo, it's good actually but just a bit salty because of the pickled/preserved crab, so I always ask the lady to put more lime/lemon(you don't need to eat the crab if you don't want to since it suppose to just be there for flavor, I eat it though because I don't like wasting food, however you have to grab a fork full of papaya before you eat it because just a tiny part of it and it's very very salty). Sometimes if they have the option at stores, I'd like my papaya to come with shredded sour mango, it double the sourness and it's ooo...so great.

Here's a video of my sister making papaya. I can make it because I don't like the taste of it, so I rather let my sister or my mom do the homemade Papaya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-fncUUP_ys

If you want to learn how to make Papaya there's tons of video recipe on Youtube.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
i like the plain one, unlike hmong peeps [putting crab, the brown n black reciepe] i like to do it the thai version.

mokka

sarNie Adult
I love all kind of style, with and without noodles.. .they are all good... talking about them makes my mouth watery

Mae

sarNie Adult
I love Thai style papaya salad....it's the best!!!! I dislike dirty papaya salad--Laotian/Hmong style...

kulyia

RUK
i like mine with cabbage and cucumber :p . I also like fried pork skin and noodles. Also the green LONG beans asian sell at the market.. i also like it in my kapoon. Lots of peanuts on mine and lots of pepper