persons into poetry help?

Vanida

Save World Save Life
does any one have a special emotion poems they like and can share :) also waht does this poems means to you? ideas for my short literary works class gracias amigas/os

Vanida

Save World Save Life
by any person well not sure she says "select a poem by that poet" so its a person who wrote it u have a good one ? tina man presenting to the class on tuesday so fast due to thanksgiving off stupid teacher lol i dont think anyone going even do it lol

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
LOL its ok Nong Van I Got Yah LOL I don't know if this is the right kind of poem but its a very good one and very popular I think LOL

Maya Angelou-I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings

The free bird leaps
on the back of the win
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wings
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.

But a bird that stalks
down his narrow cage
can seldom see through
his bars of rage
his wings are clipped and
his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings
with fearful trill
of the things unknown
but longed for still
and is tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom

The free bird thinks of another breeze
an the trade winds soft through the sighing trees
and the fat worms waiting on a dawn-bright lawn
and he names the sky his own.

But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still[/b]
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

(The Bolded Ends are Couplets)

Credits to Poemhunter.com

Red=Personification
Blue=Imagery
Orange=Irony

Tone: Hopeful, Repressed, (hahah thats all I can think of)
Symbolism: Cage=Symbolizes The Repressed Surrounding, Sky=The freedom in which the bird hopes to have,

There are many couplets throguhout the Poem I just pointed out a few so u can go back and find more at the top

Why This Poem?

Theres So much on this poem you just have to read carefully into it.. so many metaphors and Imagery the whole poem itslef is practically imagery.. atm I can't find everything LOL cause I'm a lil slow but hope this helps u out some Vanida =)

Its shows the difference between two birds a free one and a caged one (obviously) Lol. Ok but anyways .. You read about how the free bird roams freely throughout the hill and etc... but then it also talks about how the caged bird can sing.. it can sing because it has a dream of being free... The caged bird is repressed yet filled with hope .. The hope of someday being that free bird that can roam around like the free bird is doing ...

I think this poem is from the book "I know why the caged bird sings" by maya angelou ..

how the book and the poem is related?

"I know why the caged bird sings" is an autobiography of Maya Angelou. The book is about her growing up as a black child and the repressions she got in her home .. detailing the events in her life including the molestation by her mothers boyfriend ..

but to me the poem itself expresses the will to live to be free and something that others expect that you cannot be.. A poem about the will of a person or "bird" to be positive if all else fails with the hopes of things getting better and eventually climbing out from the holes that surround a persons life...The free bird is actual a metaphor of the caged bird .. a metaphor of the caged birds desires and hopes of being the one flying freely ..

LOL Sorry Vanida thats all I can think of LOL this sounded easier when I saw the topic but once its time to do it then its like blank... what I said doesn't even make sense to me LOL and I think I just made myself looked stupid hahah! LOL but I said I was gonna help so I tried something LOLsss

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Eh, I can't help you like KhoOnxNouxWanxJai did, but I do have a poem to share.

A poem about going...by Calvin

I made a big decision a little while ago.
I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

---------------End Poem------------------------------

Haha, if you think about it carefully, you would see that it's a remake of this other great and famous poem (my fav poem, btw. remember that. it's going to be on my friendship quiz later on) that I'll show you below.

The Road Not Taken...by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

----------------End Poem-------------------------

As you can see, there's some major similarities within the two poems. What am I trying to say? What's my point in all this.......eh, I don't really know. It's about 8AM here and I haven't slept. I forgot my whole, but for some reason, it's amusing to me. I'll edit this post later (if I feel like it), if I remember my original purpose.