PICTURES UPDATE: Fundraising for THINK Together's Miles for Change

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Hi People,

I'll try to cut this short cuz i know people hate to read long stuff...

I work for a company that specializes in after school programs. Right now, my company is having a fundraiser called Miles for Change. This involves collecting pennies. However, any type of donation is accepted because we can convert it for our project later. There are many goals here. First of all, we are trying to fund programs that cater to english learning children of low income families. Second of all, we are trying to get matched funds from the state (which means, whatever we make, they will match). Third, we are trying to raise awareness for people in communities to come together (to help their own children). And fourth, my company is trying to break the record for most miles collected through pennies.

on march 25th (which is also my brother's birthday...ironically), NASCAR's Auto Club Speedway will let us borrow their race track to lay down 8,448,800 pennies. it will take 50 loops around the track to complete 100 miles. the current record is 40 miles. we will definitely beat that if people come together and make a difference. please help me out by donating!! get anyone you know to donate. even a penny will add up. don't think ur shameful just because u can only donate a penny. like i said, it adds up!

all the schools under my company are competing to see who can raise the most money. whichever school raises the most money will earn their students a free night at the Dodgers game!! i'm in charge of jersey elementary, and my students MUST GO!! they don't have much so this will be a sweet blessing to visit a stadium in real life.

here's the website as to where you can donate. Just click on the "sponsor me now" button once u visit the 'Jersey Elementary' link below. Share the page with anyone you know too, please.

Jersey Elementary

I don't know if i forgot anything else, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me here or through PM. Thank you. i really appreciate your help.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
okay, this fundraiser has been going on for a while now. our big event was held on Wednesday, March 25th, 2009. we made it into the Guinness Book of World Records. my students helped lay down 65 miles of pennies. here are some pics of us on the trip. haha

some of my girls on the bus

my 5th grade group, program leader, and parent chaperone in front of the NASCAR stadium in Fontana, CA....it was HUGE

one of my program leaders laying down pennies

my kids getting ready to lay down pennies to break the guinness world record

after two hours of laying down pennies, a pro soccer player for team Chivas came around to sign autographs

after forever, look at how hard they are still working...and look at how many pennies they have laid down in the boxes!!

one of my students with her mom who was chaperoning that day

me looking like a drugged up gang-banger (it was windy, and the bandana was so that my kids could easily locate me!!) I KNOW! I SHOULD HAVE PUT ON SOME MAKE UP. WELL, IF YOU LOOK CAREFULLY, I HAVE REMNANTS OF EYELINER ON MY EYES. LOL

anan

sarNie Adult
Promise kept, ^_^
Big Congratulations to all of you there :clap: , your kids look cool & all adorable... but their tutor in green bandana looks kinda tired but happy hah ? :p lol

I was wondering that there must be a shortcut/trick to line up these pennies in these boxes faster :rolleyes: , no ? :p

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
yes, i was extreeeeemmmmely tired. i hate this picture of me, but it wouldn't be fair not to share at least one pic of myself. hahaha it was super windy on the bus too. the windows were broken. my hair went all over the place. LOL

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
that's awesome how the kids worked together in laying down those pennies. Congrats to them and you!

aww.. you look pretty and-----innocent by the way!! :D

anan

sarNie Adult
yes, i was extreeeeemmmmely tired. i hate this picture of me, but it wouldn't be fair not to share at least one pic of myself. hahaha it was super windy on the bus too. the windows were broken. my hair went all over the place. LOL
Usually, it's the picture that the owner hate the most that we love it :p lol...
By the way, no video on that event at all ?? :rolleyes:

Saifah

bite me x___
CONGRATS!! THE KiDS LOOK SUPER HAPPY AND THEY'RE ALL WORKinG TOGETHER!!
AND YOU'RE SUPER GORGEOUS P'THOOKiE!! :)