Pregnant Angelina Jolie Checks into a Hospital

cecilia

Staff member

By Stephen M. Silverman @ people.com
Originally posted Tuesday July 01, 2008 03:40 PM EDT

Angelina Jolie has checked into a hospital in the South of France in anticipation of giving birth to twins, the Associated Press reports.

"There's no urgency," hospital representative Nadine Bauer tells the AP. "[Jolie's admittance has] been planned for a long time."

Bauer added, "She's very well. Everything is fine."

Jolie and Brad Pitt are expecting their fifth and sixth children. The clan currently consists of Maddox, 6, Pax, 4, Zahara, 3, and Shiloh, 2.

In May, Jolie, 33, said on the Today show, "Unlike most women, I love being pregnant. [It makes] you feel more like a woman than you've ever felt. You just feel like everything about your body is there for your baby."

As for the babies' first home, Jolie and Pitt recently signed a three-year lease on an estate in the French Riviera.

I'M SUPER EXCITE FOR THE PAIR. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEW PICTURES :wub:

cecilia

Staff member
more news
Angelina Jolie's obstetrician to give report

By COLLEEN BARRY – 2 hours ago

NICE, France (AP) — Fabulous views of the shimmering Mediterranean, tufty palm trees, all bathed in a July sun. In short, a royal place for Brangelina's twins to make their much-awaited entrance.

Angelina Jolie's obstetrician, Dr. Michel Sussmann, who is watching over the 33-year-old actress at a French Riviera hospital where she is expected to give birth, called a news conference for later Wednesday afternoon.

Would he announce that her twins had been born? That remained a mystery; the hospital wouldn't say.

Jolie's partner, Brad Pitt, was seen leaving the seafront Lenval hospital Wednesday morning with one of their four young children.

The hospital announced Tuesday that Jolie had checked into its Santa Maria maternity clinic to be kept under doctors' watch and rest before she gives birth.

A hospital spokeswoman said the births were "not for right away," but spokeswoman Nadine Bauer said Jolie would almost certainly stay in the clinic until then.

Nice Matin, the local newspaper, reported that Jolie has the best room in the hospital, on the fifth floor, with an "unobstructed view" over the Bay of Angels. It said she arrived by helicopter, landing Sunday afternoon on the hospital's roof. The newspaper said the actress reserved four rooms on the maternity ward, with a bodyguard keeping watch.

The Lenval hospital, a boxy-looking building with a white exterior, mirrored blue windows and set among palm trees, looks out over the sea.

The Brangelina clan has been settling into a new home in the south of France, in Correns, about 60 miles from Nice. The town's mayor confirmed that the couple had moved into the Miraval Estate villa, and a helicopter has been spotted taking off and landing from there.

Associated Press Writer John Leicester in Paris contributed to this report.

More pictures in here : http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h2_IyFa...X2nqOQD91LN3V80

cecilia

Staff member
more news

Angelina Jolie's baby doctor sez the twins are 'weeks to come'

Ah, July in Nice on the French Riviera. Looking out on the blue waters of the Bay of Angels in the Mediterranean Sea, past stately palm trees dancing in the gentle winds on a balmy sunny day.

Sounds idyllic and peaceful, right?

Not so much. All the world is watching -- and more than a few journalists and paparazzi -- because Angelina Jolie is inside the Santa Maria maternity clinic in the seaside Lenval hospital in Nice, waiting to deliver her precious twin babies.

According to AP, her personal obstetrician, Dr. Michel Sussmann, who also delivered Shiloh in Namibia, is supposed to hold a news conference about her condition later today.

Will he announce that her twins have been born? Or about to be born? Sex, size, etc? No word yet. OMG, the suspense!

THIS JUST IN: Angie's doctor spoke to the press, saying that the babies are "weeks to come" but that she will remain in the hospital until the birth. Weeks? Wow. Hope everything's OK.

Jolie's partner, Brad Pitt, was seen leaving the hospital Wednesday morning with one of their four young children.

A hospital spokeswoman said the births were "not for right away," but spokeswoman Nadine Bauer said Jolie would almost certainly stay in the clinic until then.

Nice Matin, the local newspaper, has reported that Jolie has the best room in the hospital, on the fifth floor, with an "unobstructed view" over the Bay of Angels. Talk about a womb with a view.

The paper also revealed that Jolie arrived by helicopter, landing Sunday afternoon on the hospital's roof.

The newspaper said the actress reserved four rooms on the maternity ward, with a bodyguard keeping watch.

Oh, I'm betting there's more than one bodyguard.

Good luck, Angelina!

Photos: Angie and Brad at the "Kung Fu Panda" premiere in Cannes.
WireImage
Credit: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag...ina-jolies.html

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
i can't believe their baby was invitro. They are capable of having children without invitro, I wonder why they chose to do it?? Just to try it out for the sake of it or because they wanted more children and was not capable of doing so?

Weird, celebs and their ideas nowadays. O well. They're kids' are all cute and the names are cool. Vivienne and Knox. great names. Maddox and Pax are so cute. The girls too.

mango

Lakornaddict ;)
anyone have the baby pictures??
they probably did invitro because i heard dhat invitro allows you to have more than one child at once. so they probably wanted TWINS.

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
^^^nobody has the pics yet cuz they are gonna sell them 2 the magazine and donate it 2 charity heard it was worth like 10 million 4 the 1st baby pics

Liberty

sarNie Adult
i can't believe their baby was invitro. They are capable of having children without invitro, I wonder why they chose to do it?? Just to try it out for the sake of it or because they wanted more children and was not capable of doing so?

Weird, celebs and their ideas nowadays. O well. They're kids' are all cute and the names are cool. Vivienne and Knox. great names. Maddox and Pax are so cute. The girls too.
Lots of people do it invitro to guarantee a child. I'm pretty sure they tried it the normal way but wasn't getting the result quick enough or something. It could also be that they weren't getting enough alone time to really have enough "tries" at the regular way. They are a busy couple, aside from their careers they have 4 young children already. Any parent with young children, especially more than one, knows how hard it is to get alone time.
It's hard to say, as a woman gets older the time frame for getting pregnant shrinks.
I doubt anyone does invitro just to "try it" it's expensive (not that they can't afford it), it's also a little invasive when you're having doctors and nurses poke around in your nether region.

Couples who do invitro aren't exactly wanting multiples but they go in expecting it because, the odds are they're going to probably come out with more than one. If you ever watch Jon & Kate + 8, they explain it. They done invitro both times they had children because the wife was having a hard time getting pregnant. The first time they ended up with twins but after a few years they wanted one more, so they did invitro. They had wanted one more but knew the odds were that they'd probably end up with more than just one more. But they were surprise to find out that they were having six more.

judyp

sarNie Adult
^^ i love jon & kate plus 8. they're kids are absolutely adorable!!

anyways, i read yesterday that the babies' pics should hit the newsstand monday. the pics sold for $14 million to People magazine and a British tabloid! holy moly!

Angie

sarNie Hatchling

The invitro story was false. Usweekly magazine started the rumor and every media sources were picking the news as if they are true, how sad. Brad and Angie have no trouble conceiving a child naturally aka Shiloh. And both have twins running in their family. Invitro should be the last resort to seek for because it could cause cervical cancer in the uterus.

Any way, the pics of the twins will be shown on People's website tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. I'm so happy the money goes to charity where it is needed.