Pregnant?!?

the_one

sarNie Egg
ok sarnies i need lots of help. i have a room mate we are very close with one another and since last night she have been asking me questions about being pregnant and since i have never been pregnant before i don't know what to say to her. so she ask me how would she know if she is pregnant? i told her to go buy some of those pregnancy test from the drug store and test it but the question is, is it too soon for her to take the test? and please sarnies if you know anything about being pregnant please help me! i feel so helpless!! =(

the_one

sarNie Egg
ok sarnies i need lots of help. i have a room mate we are very close with one another and since last night she have been asking me questions about being pregnant and since i have never been pregnant before i don't know what to say to her. so she ask me how would she know if she is pregnant? i told her to go buy some of those pregnancy test from the drug store and test it but the question is, is it too soon for her to take the test? and please sarnies if you know anything about being pregnant please help me! i feel so helpless!! =(

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
it depends on why she is asking, and when she is asking. for example, did she just have sex the night before without protection and assumed that she was pregnant? Or did she have sex a while back, missed her period and is now wondering if she is pregnant?

you can find out as early as missing your next period, i think. also ask her if she is constantly tired, nauseated, swollen or sensitive in the breast, has a high body temperature, and is constantly peeing. these are some of the earlier signs too.

a pregnancy test also helps.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
As P' Thook described it depends on the situation that is causing her to believe that she is pregnant. If she just had sex within the last week or so unprotected then she won't know until she missed her period. The earliest you can tell is at least 4 days before missing your period. What i recommend is to buy an HPT (Home Pregnancy Test) and take the test after missing her period take one in the morning and one in the evening for consistency, results are likely to be better if you take them in the morning before eating or drinking anything.

Planned Parenthood can give a test also; depending on the situation some will actually give you a blood test for about 30 bucks.

The thing I wouldn't focus much on are the symptoms because they can be from anything. The best way to deal with it right now is either go to a clinic and get a blood test or wait until a missed period and take an HPT

noungning

Heartless
that's a good path to take... take the test, go to a clinic and see with them... if that's not an option... keep testing. if her montly menstrual periods aren't coming... that might be one of the biggest signs.