Prem Ratan Dhan Payo [Rajshri]

mia07

Introvert
From the makers that brought you Maine Pyar Kiya, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, and Hum Saath Saath Hain, Sooraj Barjatya is back with another family entertainer with SALMAN KHAN aka PREMThe film is scheduled to release on 12 November 2015. The film will also be release in Telugu and Tamil versions as Prema Leela and Mei Maranthaayo Anbe respectively. Khan's voice is dubbed by Ram Charan Teja in its Telugu version.

CASTS:
  • Salman Khan as Prem / Vijay
  • Sonam Kapoor as Maithili
  • Neil Nitin Mukesh as Niranjan
  • Anupam Kher
  • Swara Bhaskar as Prem's Sister
  • Sanjai Mishra
  • Deepak Dobriyal
  • Armaan Kohli

[credit wikipedia]

TRAILER (Turn on CC for Subtitles): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd4iNPuRlx4
JUKEBOX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFpcRF-Lmng

VID PROMOS OF SONGS:

PREM-LEELA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9L7StDn-c
PREM RATAN DHAN PAYO [TITLE TRACK]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZaiUI2sMS8
JALTE DIYE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fcQ869Waeg
JAB TUM CHAHO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP7P5fuRapY

mia07

Introvert
I seriously cannot wait to see this film because it is bringing back the senses of the 90s and for me, Bollywood in the 90s was the best era! Salman is looking dashing as ever and Sonam is beautiful. Although I'm kinda iffy about her acting, hopefully she does well in the film. My favorite tracks are the title song, Jalte Diye, and Tod Tadaiyya, but I do love all the songs.

mia07

Introvert
Saw this and I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars. It truly does bring back the 90s feel. Though the story is a tad slow, there were no dull moments. I enjoyed it. Salman did a fantastic job as Prem - he definitely brought his iconic character back and you will love him a lot. He was really handsome in the film as well. Sonam did an okay job. Their chemistry was so-so. This is not the best Rajshri film but it is still watchable. Many have watched it the second time around and found it better so I'd probably do the same. Who knows when we will ever see Prem again.. :)

Step

Mrs James Ma
'PRDP is the highest collection for 2015, it also ranks number 1 in all time top 20 domestic first weekend collections. While Happy New Year had earned Rs. 102.76 crores, Bajrangi Bhaijaan grossed Rs. 102. 60 crores and Chennai Express collected Rs. 97.67 crores. Aamir Khan's Dhoom 3 and PK earned Rs. 93.68 and Rs. 89.13 crores respectively.'

Salman's stupid movie also makes money, not surprised with this

mia07

Introvert
^ Not all his films are stupid just like not all SRK's films are good. It's understandable that you don't like him but he has improved and when he does, he fails to get acknowledged because of what you only see him as before.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Dont tell me that cos I did not say I dont like Salman or SRK makes only good movies. Salman, SRK used to make good movies before, not now. Lol Salman has not improved, he stopped acting many years ago. Only his fans say how he has improved. He has also told this in an interview with Anupam Chopra that he wants to be Salman in all his films not the character, so he need not act. He has huge fan base, they will make his movies hit anyhow.

mia07

Introvert
^ That comparison was a logic. Salman never accepted himself as an actor and when he does make good films, people again fail to acknowledge it. True that they made better films in the past than they do now but non fans will make assumptions about him when they don't know an ounce of truth. Earlier, he did films for the wrong reasons (i.,e mainly because of friendship) and wasn't able to choose his films which is why nobody took him seriously as an actor. People's perspective on making films changes over time. Salman said every film he does, he wants to get at least that much of characteristics of his onscreen character to the real him as possible and also to him, audience opinions matter. Anyways, no need to go further with this as we both will end up going nowhere. I just came here to give my opinion on the film and if you haven't seen it, then there's nothing to really discuss.

Step

Mrs James Ma
I agree before he made films for friendship, to buy house but now he can choose his films, why not select something good or atleast act.
I have watched it and loved the costumes better than Salman and Sonam's acting

mia07

Introvert
Films isn't his main focus anymore. Now, it's family > his NGO > films in that order. He is trying to make better films because after the success of BB, he only wants to keep getting better and better. He did PRDP for free and though the story was not great, he earned praises for his acting. Also, the movie had to get cut because it was too long. It's quite funny how when he mainly does action films, people criticize him and when he does something else, they criticize him more. I honestly prefer his films when he plays a simple character. Filmmakers use the benefit of his body and action to make $$ off him but now since he can choose his films, hopefully he is wiser to stay away frm friends and explore.

cecilia

Staff member
He has some good ones but most of his hits aren't good so I agree with Step on some aspect of his acting skills ... 

Step

Mrs James Ma
If films are not his focus, he should stop making films.
I think it's funny when Salman's priority is NGO and charities. Someone who killed innocent people for fun can think about others? Like really?? If its the past, he is doing same even now. He uses money to buy witnesses, when they don't agree, he or his men make the witness disappear. He went against the law to cancel his jail term few months ago.
If family is important for him, what about those who lost their lives and family??
I have love and hate for Salman, I appreciate him for loving Arpita as his own younger sister though she was an adopted child, he gave her a dream wedding but I just hate it when he uses his money, power to go against law. Why cant he just admit his crime? Now please dont say he is innocent, he is not a criminal cos he is. His lawyer contradicts himself many times about the incident.
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:
Films isn't his main focus anymore. Now, it's family > his NGO > films in that order. He is trying to make better films because after the success of BB, he only wants to keep getting better and better. He did PRDP for free and though the story was not great, he earned praises for his acting. Also, the movie had to get cut because it was too long. It's quite funny how when he mainly does action films, people criticize him and when he does something else, they criticize him more. I honestly prefer his films when he plays a simple character. Filmmakers use the benefit of his body and action to make $$ off him but now since he can choose his films, hopefully he is wiser to stay away frm friends and explore.

mia07

Introvert
^ Where will he get money for living expenses? All his NGO profits goes to charity. 80% of his income goes to his NGO. I think we should stop talking about Salman and discuss what's on topic. People like you will find such ways to find a negative response to something or someone you dislike while supporting the ones you admire. If you are not open minded, no need to discuss. Regarding his case, you are acting as if you were there to witness it that's why you already jumped into conclusions like many others have. There are two sides to a story yet you failed to look at both. Killing innocent people for fun? Wow.. Mad props to you. You claimed you don't like nor dislike him but your words speak otherwise so don't contradict yourself. I'm not saying that he's guilty nor innocent cuz it's not my job to handle his personal life and my opinion won't matter anyways. Enough of this discussion..

Step

Mrs James Ma
I'm sorry I'm not open minded enough like you to support a criminal. If it was your own family, you would not have said this cos you dont know what it feels to lose someone who was the only support for that family. They were poors, what happened to their kids who were dependant on their parents?? WOW
Typical Salman fan :loool: I was not a witness but court had their witnesses who saw him in the driver's seat. Were you there to witness the incident that he was not driving?? He killed those innocents who were sleeping of footpath. They were not sleeping on main road. Salman was drunk and driving. You would not have asked me if you had followed that case from both sides. How come all the documents caught fire just day before he applied for bail?? I dont want to discuss about this with a blind fan who thinks a criminal is innocent when proofs are against him. I like someone on their personal life too not just as an actor.
Lol  by reading your comment, I just remembered Abhijit and Farah who mocked those who lost lives just to show their support to Salman on twitter. People like you will support a criminal just cos you're a blind fan. No wonder why most of Salman's die hard fans are mostly from rural region or uneducated or dont have mind of their own!

-ohMAIVdarlin' said:
^ Where will he get money for living expenses? All his NGO profits goes to charity. 80% of his income goes to his NGO. I think we should stop talking about Salman and discuss what's on topic. People like you will find such ways to find a negative response to something or someone you dislike while supporting the ones you admire. If you are not open minded, no need to discuss. Regarding his case, you are acting as if you were there to witness it that's why you already jumped into conclusions like many others have. There are two sides to a story yet you failed to look at both. Killing innocent people for fun? Wow.. Mad props to you. You claimed you don't like nor dislike him but your words speak otherwise so don't contradict yourself. I'm not saying that he's guilty nor innocent cuz it's not my job to handle his personal life and my opinion won't matter anyways. Enough of this discussion..

Step

Mrs James Ma
His brand 'Being Human' is opposite to who he is in real life. I dont want to support a guy who used to beat his GFs (Aishwarya had filed a written complaint on him), ruined Vivek's career for dating Aishwarya, smashed film sets in anger, killed innocents sleeping on footpath, hunted endagered specie. Thats why he is called Bad Boy Salman. If he really regreted his actions in past, he should be a good human being instead of launching a brand 'Being human' and spend that money on lavish weddings, luxury lifestyle, launching star kid who is another murderer like him!

mia07

Introvert
No point of discussing to a person like you who only knows how to point out the flaws in a person and can't even see the flaws in ones' own idols. Do reread what I wrote - maybe that will clear up your mind and my perspective on Salman if not then do use your brain more instead of being delusional in your idols' fantasies. I clearly said I don't find him guilty NOR innocent because it's not my job to handle his personal life while people like you will go just as far to put people down and act like they know everything. A blind fan? It's quite visible that you are one when it comes to your idol Deepika. Have I said anything on Salman? Do you see me praising him? Do you see any further comments? I just basically answered your question without being biased yet you fail to see such matters. You are the one that brought his life up, not me. I feel like I'm talking to a wall so no further comments are necessary. Thank you..

Step

Mrs James Ma
If it was not related I would not have talked about his personal life. You are too blind to see anything beyond 'charities' so I dont want to waste time in reading nonsense. You are nobody to tell me what to see in whom, so mind your own business.
I'm proud to be DP's fan cos she is not a criminal or home breaker. She has class and standard.

cecilia

Staff member
I didn't see this coming ... I do agree that there are two sides to each stories so before judging .. always look at the picture both ways and take things from there.  Witnesses can be easily bought and manipulate too .. not saying he's innocent or that the other parties is blaming him .. but just saying that as viewer take all these information with a grain of salt and apply it to the way you see it. Not everyone will see things the same way so don't be too quick to jump on anyone simply because they don't agree with you ... (you, means general)