programming

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
yes so im more of a network and hardware kind of guy but i really want to learn to do programms such as java script and html etc but im a beginner and i have no idea where to start so if anyone know any good book for beginners or website for beginners programming please help me by listing them thank you in advance

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Bleh. I hope you know what you're getting into dude that stuff is frustrating to the max LOL, try googling some stuffs. Are you going to try and learn Php Also?

darvil

sarNie Adult
Whats your ultimate goal? Design? Don't do design unless you're really good. I'd go for programming IE Scripting.

It sounds like you want to focus more on website related stuff.

Either way you have to start with HTML first.

You can learn by going here.

http://www.w3schools.com/

HTLM -> http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Start with that. You can just do it locally and open the file using your browser.

Once you get better you can move up the ladder. I don't recommend javascript first.. you will get confused and it will make the learning miserable.

I have video lectures of stuff like that if you want to learn, especially php. But its up to you. I've seen too many people give up after a few days. You really got to enjoy the stuff before you can really do it.

Its definitely worth it to see if you have the patience for it.

Let me know how it goes for you.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
lol now you tell me not to start with javascript after i bought some books on javascript ill jsut do what darvil said to do and i understand some of the java script cept for the stupid loop shit

darvil

sarNie Adult
don't waste your money foo.. you can get all of it online for free.. that way if you don't want to do something you don't waste alot of money. buy the books once you're into it.. plus you can torrent alot of what you need.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
darv your my go to guy and i promise i will stick with this it looks very interesting especially from what i read of javascript

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
no darv i meant i will stick with what you recommend and that i won't quit bc programming looks interesting especially from what i read of java

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
lol imma need help understanding html i mean i udnerstand most of it but some of it is a little confusing is there any video lecture abotu html?

darvil

sarNie Adult
well I've never seen video lectures for html. What don't you understand? its all on that page. Just follow it.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
why must you say that. LOL now, i'm freaking out .
i'm taking javascript this fall LOl .. scary now.
Lol Cece it's probably no biggy for you because you're going to school for it and you've learned some basics and etc on it, but for me I learned everything on my own and through my own readings and research because it's just a hobby for me lol so for you it'll be fine. I figured out so much from reading on my own so I'm pretty sure you'll figure it so much faster ^___-"