QUESTION about hair

Quarter

Tell me about it.
my hair is getting on my nerves because after a shower it gets really puffy and i have to spend 30-1hour with the straightener plus adding all these expensive products (that i can't afford anymore).

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO i'm thinking about getting an anti-curl (?). It's around $200 +. You guys think it's worth it? you think the chemical is toooooo dangerous? i know it's going to damage my hair for sure, but i don't care anymore.

i just want to wake up everyday to straight hair.

some of my buddies said go for it, but some said i'm stupid to even think about it :(

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Wow $200?
Girl where are you buying this stuff?
You know you can get similar products for much, MUCH cheaper right?

Don't believe the hype about, if it's more expensive it's better, that's just bull crap.
Do the research on several brands and you can find something within a reasonable price range like $20. :)

I use salon products but I don't pay nearly that much for anything.

noungning

Heartless
um... does it really give u straight hair? possibly wavy? if ur hair is uncontrollably curly? do some hardcore research before u spend that much money on hair product. well, unless u have the money, then props to u lol

twinklestar

sarNie Egg
a friend of mine has naturally wavy hair n she hated it!!! which was really funny b/c i have super straight hair n i envied her wavy hair - lol i guess the grass IS always greener on the other side ;p NEwho if u're serious about spending that much cash i would suggest that instead of buying a product to simply go into the salon n get a "japanese straight perm" done :) that's what my friend did n her hair is now straighter than mine :) it's a loooooooooong process tho so plz take me seriously when i say plan on being at the salon the WHOLE DAY!!!!!! i swear i dropped her off in the early afternoon n she wasn't done till i was 1) done w/classes for the day AND 2) done w/work for the day ;p it IS kinda pricely tho i think she ended up paying $225 for the whole thing but she also got a haircut too so ionno * shrugs * but yeah she wasn't even allowed to pin her hair back behind her EARS for a few days b/c they told her that if she did she would have dents in her hair but like i said the grass is always greener on the other side so although u "hate" ur hair juz know that some1 out there loves it n wishes they had it :) hope this helps g'luck

btw: i know there are other kinds of straight perms out there so u might wanna do some research to figure out which one would work the best to achieve ur goals :)

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
try GHD'S straightners haha and label M ( sometimes toni and guy ) products haha thats all i can say haha coz i use em i have pretty straight hair wen i wake up with em or yeah as someone said go to the salon and get it permantly straight

hm. i don't know about this one. i'd actually have to see and feel your hair to know what's going on. is it that bad?

since this is mostly an asian forum, don't most of you have straight hair anyway that doesn't need that many products? you might get better advice from people who have your type of hair, see what they use and what they say about it. there's got to be a hair dominated forum somewhere.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ahh Penny your hair can't be as bad as mines. Mines is like extremely Puffy and Curly... but I only spend 10 minutes straightening it and flattening it ... all together and products? I only spend like 4 bucks a month on it. It's best after you shower to towel dry it an let it dry on it's own.. and then straighten it.. buy the ceramic straighteners those work better than the steel ones..... My hair is long to my waist right now ... and I still only spend 10 minutes at most straightening it .. and my hair looks awesome >.< LOL not to be conceited or anything, but it's soft and best of all it stays straight even if water hits it and my hair is really curly and wavy...but after I straighten it ... even when it gets rained on it doesn't revert back to it's normal form .. it just stays like that until I wash it off with shampoo..

straightening shampoos work they help for when u wanna straight ur hair with a straightener ... also there are products you can get for 5-10 bucks that will last a month ... (depending on how you use)

So I don't think you should waste your money on that Penny .. because i also worry about what side effects might get from it >.<

i used to have the same issue! i even did the chemical lay-out thing once, but then i quit -- don't do it! my current hair salonist (i found her after the chemical lay-out and has been the only one i trust my hair with for 5 years now) is way better and she was telling me that the chemical lay-out really damaged my hair...yes, it made my hair straight, but also as hard and dead as bamboo! never am i doing that again!

now, i use Fekkai hair products, which are really good and affordable...i use the shampoo, conditioner, then afterwards i use the glossing cream (leave it on about 10 minutes after the shower), then prior to blow-drying, i use the Fekkai heat shield spray...yes, four products seem like a lot, but they really do work! my hair has been extremely manageable and actually soft and silky now ever since i used the Fekkai products like a regimand! :)

also, while you blow-dry, try using a round brush to pull it out and straighten it that way (which works pretty well!), then just use the flat iron minimally...if you pull your hair with the round brush while straight-ironing, then you shouldn't have to use the flat iron as intensively -- just to style it a bit... a good straightening iron is also very important and you shouldn't skimp when picking a flat iron -- i suggest the one i have (which is amazing!) -- T3 Bespoke Labs Wide Wet or Dry 1 3/4" Iron ($200) which infuses your hair with the infrared properties of tourmaline gemstones for the ultimate silky shine and softness...

oh, and if you an overnight treatment that's very effective in renewing and repairing damaged hair, i suggest Frederic Fekkai Overnight Hair Repair ($195; sephora.com) which is a little pricey, but one will last you fairly long...plus it works...

Quarter

Tell me about it.
Wow $200?
Girl where are you buying this stuff?
You know you can get similar products for much, MUCH cheaper right?

Don't believe the hype about, if it's more expensive it's better, that's just bull crap.
Do the research on several brands and you can find something within a reasonable price range like $20. :)

I use salon products but I don't pay nearly that much for anything.
I'm saying the hair relaxer will cost that much, not the products lol

um... does it really give u straight hair? possibly wavy? if ur hair is uncontrollably curly? do some hardcore research before u spend that much money on hair product. well, unless u have the money, then props to u lol
hm. i don't know about this one. i'd actually have to see and feel your hair to know what's going on. is it that bad?

since this is mostly an asian forum, don't most of you have straight hair anyway that doesn't need that many products? you might get better advice from people who have your type of hair, see what they use and what they say about it. there's got to be a hair dominated forum somewhere.
No I don't have curly hair. It's kinda wavy yet straight at the same time??! Thats what I'm sick of. If its wants to be wavy, why can't it be wavy all the way....and if it wants to be straight, why can't it be straight all the way. ARG I'm annoyed.

Ahh Penny your hair can't be as bad as mines. Mines is like extremely Puffy and Curly... but I only spend 10 minutes straightening it and flattening it ... all together and products? I only spend like 4 bucks a month on it. It's best after you shower to towel dry it an let it dry on it's own.. and then straighten it.. buy the ceramic straighteners those work better than the steel ones..... My hair is long to my waist right now ... and I still only spend 10 minutes at most straightening it .. and my hair looks awesome >.< LOL not to be conceited or anything, but it's soft and best of all it stays straight even if water hits it and my hair is really curly and wavy...but after I straighten it ... even when it gets rained on it doesn't revert back to it's normal form .. it just stays like that until I wash it off with shampoo..

straightening shampoos work they help for when u wanna straight ur hair with a straightener ... also there are products you can get for 5-10 bucks that will last a month ... (depending on how you use)

So I don't think you should waste your money on that Penny .. because i also worry about what side effects might get from it >.<
lol. BUT WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE MY DEAR?! Products?!

i used to have the same issue! i even did the chemical lay-out thing once, but then i quit -- don't do it! my current hair salonist (i found her after the chemical lay-out and has been the only one i trust my hair with for 5 years now) is way better and she was telling me that the chemical lay-out really damaged my hair...yes, it made my hair straight, but also as hard and dead as bamboo! never am i doing that again!

now, i use Fekkai hair products, which are really good and affordable...i use the shampoo, conditioner, then afterwards i use the glossing cream (leave it on about 10 minutes after the shower), then prior to blow-drying, i use the Fekkai heat shield spray...yes, four products seem like a lot, but they really do work! my hair has been extremely manageable and actually soft and silky now ever since i used the Fekkai products like a regimand! :)

also, while you blow-dry, try using a round brush to pull it out and straighten it that way (which works pretty well!), then just use the flat iron minimally...if you pull your hair with the round brush while straight-ironing, then you shouldn't have to use the flat iron as intensively -- just to style it a bit... a good straightening iron is also very important and you shouldn't skimp when picking a flat iron -- i suggest the one i have (which is amazing!) -- T3 Bespoke Labs Wide Wet or Dry 1 3/4" Iron ($200) which infuses your hair with the infrared properties of tourmaline gemstones for the ultimate silky shine and softness...

oh, and if you an overnight treatment that's very effective in renewing and repairing damaged hair, i suggest Frederic Fekkai Overnight Hair Repair ($195; sephora.com) which is a little pricey, but one will last you fairly long...plus it works...
Do they have the Fekkai brand at local salons? Or is it rare? O_O

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^__^ hehe it's not as high end as Fekkai but it works.. I use Biosilk ^__^ I use to use Pantene but I realized it wasn't working well for me so I switched to Biosilk... I use Fekkai every now and then when I really need too... because my hair requires lots of attention lol or else it'll be dead and dry so every now and then I spoil it .. or cut it off ... lol but now im sticking to Biosilk.. you can order Fekkai online :p but here we have some salons that have em.. just go into a salon and I'm sure they have Fekkai penny depending on which salon... but I like Biosilk it works ^__^ you can get them at walmart for about 7-9 bucks I believe don't go to walgreens because at walgreens it'll run you about 13-18 bucks lol just for the shampoo then you have to buy the conditioner and of course the leave in conditioners >.O which are all about 13-18 bucks at walgreens so go to walmart for them ^__^

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I remember those days when i use to have really really puffy and freezy hair......but i don't' know what happened to my hair...for some reason as time went by and i finally decided to dye my hair and get it cut more often...my problems went away. I also changed my conditioner as well. I use Herbal for color treated Conditioner..It works really well..my hair drys more striaght now lolz.

Any who..my friend has really bad hair...here's a picture of her and another friend trying to striaght her hair...like you she spends about 30-1 hour straightening her hair as well. Maybe your hair is something similar to hers.

Here's an aftermath....I thought i mind as well just show it too..

$200? thats really expensive...how long does this stuff last? and also you want to be careful with really strong chemicals...you don't want to accidentally go bald now. hehehe

Fekkai products are available at salons here in NYC, but i don't know about where you live...but they're also available at all Sephora stores and the Sephota website...:)

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
ughhh no 7270 ...just cause we are asian doesnt mean all of us have nice straight hair..lol golly i wish it was...

for sure mine is just as puffy if i dont do anything like straightening with the help of hair serum or whatever else that is out there to tame our wild and krazy hair..seriously its very annoying...

two curly perm surely messed up my hair for sure..it used to be just a bit wavy....wth was i thinking..and this is after it grew out and after many many cuts..the hair is still puffy and never goes back to its original form...

yep it the grass is definitely greener on the other side!!

Quarter

Tell me about it.
thanks guys! I'll try out the products and order one of them hundred dollar hair straightener. you guys def helped. =]

I remember those days when i use to have really really puffy and freezy hair......but i don't' know what happened to my hair...for some reason as time went by and i finally decided to dye my hair and get it cut more often...my problems went away. I also changed my conditioner as well. I use Herbal for color treated Conditioner..It works really well..my hair drys more striaght now lolz.

Any who..my friend has really bad hair...here's a picture of her and another friend trying to striaght her hair...like you she spends about 30-1 hour straightening her hair as well. Maybe your hair is something similar to hers.

http://a282.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/8/l_c7274800463434b02d8d0e09f55a1749.jp
[img]http://a778.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/127/l_9f9c4860175924aa1bbc14b24d7d9839.jpg

Here's an aftermath....I thought i mind as well just show it too..
[img]http://a656.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_cdf73630a347c38748006078ffbf810f.jpg

$200? thats really expensive...how long does this stuff last? and also you want to be careful with really strong chemicals...you don't want to accidentally go bald now. hehehe[/quote]

HOLLY her hair is FDSFJSDGJL;SDJG;FDJG;. My hair is NOTHING like that. haha

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lmao.. quarter if you think her hair is bad..what would you say bout mine??? :lol:

it is super puffy when dried with a hair dryer...even im afraid of it..but when it got biosilk and other ridiculously pricy hair serum in it is ok'ish..

oh yea purchasing one of those $100 dollar ceramic straightener at the mall..it will be very well worth every penny..i love mine!...and it doesnt take long to straighten neither... ^_^

Quarter

Tell me about it.
you can get fekkai at bath and body works.
Thanks natty! =] haha saved me some research!

lmao.. quarter if you think her hair is bad..what would you say bout mine??? :lol:

it is super puffy when dried with a hair dryer...even im afraid of it..but when it got biosilk and other ridiculously pricy hair serum in it is ok'ish..

oh yea purchasing one of those $100 dollar ceramic straightener at the mall..it will be very well worth every penny..i love mine!...and it doesnt take long to straighten neither... ^_^
hmm take a picture of your crappy hair. I dont believe till i see =p
I was thinking about a sedu hair straightener?! I heard it's "da bomb".

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol i cant..i just curled my hair and got stuff in my hair its nice and soft right now..i will one of these days and snap a few pics for you to see..and you can judge it for yourself k..

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
lolz....yeah the 100 hair straightners at the mall do work really well...it will maybe cut you half the time in straightning your hair.

Yeah seriously...take a picture of your hair...i want to see!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
My hair straightener only costed me 30 bucks and it works just like the one I bought for 180 bucks... >.< don't get rip off "oh it's expensive it must work well." there are some cheap ones that are made from the same products >.< arg reminds me of my stupid friend who spent over 200 on a straightner I was like dude .. is that even possible?! and yes.. it was .. unfortunately for her it lasted her for 5 months lol