Rice production

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
OK, I just heard that rice was no longer being shipped to the United state! And the price has gone up very high! And its all sold out almost everywhere in the asian stores!!! China will no longer ship rice to the USA.

noungning

Heartless
lol well just eat some mexican rice hahahaha

better yet stop eating rice! go on the carb diet... oh and that's no carb, not carb only diet lol

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Does this apply to rice from Thailand too?? Especially sticky rice? If so, then my fiance is probably going to starve cause all he eats is sticky rice. Oh boy...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
eat brown rice :wub:
I love brown rice with grilled veggies;

and where did u hear this from? I'm searching the net and can't find anything about it and something like this should pop up somewhere in the media;s

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
what....?????? shut up! :eek: :eek: :lmao: no rice?!! i refuse to believe it... i can't live without riceeeee..... specially sticky rice!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
o__O i told my friend about this and he said,

"oh it doesn't really matter only the mid class and poor asians will be affected because the other race's eat bread <_< and the high class asians live the american lifestyle."

I wanted to smack his arse upside the head; =/ what a beeeeeeeeep`

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
I heard this from the Hmong radio news and it also proved it self to me. On tuesday my parent and my neighbor went to costco and there was like 45 bags of rice! And my neighbor and my parent they each pick up a set of 8 bags a cart and my neighbor needed some help with assistance so they ask for assistance and then the main manager came and he said that he cannot sell all or even half of the rice. And he said that he was just emailed earlier about the rice production and that they do not allow rice to be sold anymore. And my neighbors cousin was trying talk it out and make deals with them but they kept on saying that they cant sell them. So at the end we all ended up with eight bags only. 4 bags for us and 4 bags for my neighbor. And their cousin got nothing.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I'm going to need more info then this example.. got something more concrete? Perhaps they will not ship to certain regions for whatever reason.

fun

Expired Sarnie
o__O i told my friend about this and he said,

"oh it doesn't really matter only the mid class and poor asians will be affected because the other race's eat bread <_< and the high class asians live the american lifestyle."

I wanted to smack his arse upside the head; =/ what a beeeeeeeeep`
he sort of have a point about the bread part.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
accordding to the storees in my area they are still selling asian rice, but from thailand,cambodian, and etc. I saw them taking downt he rice from china and replacing it with thai rice, and our prices went from 14 to 45 >.O

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
accordding to the storees in my area they are still selling asian rice, but from thailand,cambodian, and etc. I saw them taking downt he rice from china and replacing it with thai rice, and our prices went from 14 to 45 >.O
ahhh... crazyyy. well.. i eat japanese sticky rice.. so is that gonna be affected in any way??

judyp

sarNie Adult
the cost of rice jumped about 50% from last month!! holy moly. they said its due to the rising cost of fuel and climate changes. its gotten so bad that people are stealing, which is unusual. the rising cost of rice isn't helping farmers either because fertilizer & rice seeds costs are also rising. i believe cambodia has banned "all private sector rice export", but thailand (which is the largest export of rice) has yet done that, but has cut back their rice export. on a side note, all grains in general are inflated.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080409/lf_af...ce_080409064847

http://business.inquirer.net/money/breakin...ticle_id=128409

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/514954-rice...skyrocket?ln=en

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
the cost of rice jumped about 50% from last month!! holy moly. they said its due to the rising cost of fuel and climate changes. its gotten so bad that people are stealing, which is unusual. the rising cost of rice isn't helping farmers either because fertilizer & rice seeds costs are also rising. i believe cambodia has banned "all private sector rice export", but thailand (which is the largest export of rice) has yet done that, but has cut back their rice export. on a side note, all grains in general are inflated.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080409/lf_af...ce_080409064847

http://business.inquirer.net/money/breakin...ticle_id=128409

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/514954-rice...skyrocket?ln=en
ahhh... we asians... are officially doomed! <_<

judyp

sarNie Adult
also the fact that people buy rice by the BULK now.... and store it at home, it was on thai tv =)
i know! my neighbor came home with like 10 (50 lbs) bags of rice. i was like daaang, talk about preparing for food shortage. he said he got it for $37/bag and its expected to continue to climb. i wouldn't be surprised.

ling

sarNie Hatchling
That will be bad!!! Especially for my hubby cause he loves sticky rice. But maybe we are in luck cause his parents in Tenn. have a rice farm and they actually do get the rice and eat it, i've had some. Maybe we're in luck. That's all they eat, their rice that they grow there, they haven't bought rice in 2 or 3 years!

That would suck if they won't sell rice......I like steam rice so it's alright for me but it still sucks. Say it's not true

judyp

sarNie Adult
That will be bad!!! Especially for my hubby cause he loves sticky rice. But maybe we are in luck cause his parents in Tenn. have a rice farm and they actually do get the rice and eat it, i've had some. Maybe we're in luck. That's all they eat, their rice that they grow there, they haven't bought rice in 2 or 3 years!

That would suck if they won't sell rice......I like steam rice so it's alright for me but it still sucks. Say it's not true
i don't think its just sticky rice..its steam rice and all other grains. but you might be in good hands if your parents have a rice farm. hopefully they're not struggling with thieves like the farmers in thailand and such.