roy lae sanae rai [complete]

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
AU
In which Tin isn’t such a pushover and Neung is the one with a hundred tricks. AKA the PG version of Kong submitting to Neung in every way.

--------

When Kongpope first tracked Neung down, she wondered at what this intrusive brat could want with her or her family. He surely had bigger things to worry about, and if his father’s death wasn’t one of them well didn’t the rich have more interesting distractions than a small hairdressing station.
But he kept coming back. Claiming it was what his father wanted. Insisting all the good fortune befalling Neung were either serendipity or the good intentions of a dead father, a past friendship. She believed her mom was over-thinking. Kongpope had everything a person could wish for. What could he gain from giving a few boxes of hair dye to them?

---

Neung’s disbelief showed on her face. “You’re serious?”
“I would never lie about something of this nature,” Tin replied, then shifted uncomfortably under her sharp gaze. “It’s against the law to do such.”
The situation cleared, colors of greed and the regrets of ghosts growing vivid to her after Tin recounted the tragic story of a broken friendship between hers and Kongpope’s fathers. And of course, her inheritance. Kongpope’s true target was the money and she was only the key.
“I’m truly sorry to have injected such a devious idea into my friend’s head,” Tin said.
He was the one she pitied, Neung thought, what with such an impulsive friend to have to watch over and work for for the rest of his life. But perhaps she could repay his good merit. Kong’s smirk hovered in her mind and she smiled.
“Khun Neung. What will you do now? I can try to convince Kong to process the will but…”
“You have been unsuccessful.” Neung’s blunt observation brought the color of shame to his cheeks. “Khun Tin. Thank you for your honesty. For now, let’s keep our conversation between the two of us.” The money was hers and though she had every intention of applying it towards a safe and comfortable home for her mother, she wanted some time to bask in the knowledge that for once, she had the power to control her life.
“You aren’t upset with him then? That he, er, is trying to marry you for your money?”
“No.” That would be hypocritical of her, since she planned on marrying him for his.

------

“Please, come inside where it’s cooler.” Neung raised a brow at the hand he placed over hers. She backed away just as a respectable maiden should, and saw pleasure rise on his lips. He wanted to touch her again but Yim was next to her.
So this was his house. Even if Neung found it a waste of space and too ornamented, she knew her biggest tolerance would go to the inhabitants.
She refrained from an eye roll as Kong gestured to the delicate spread of food that he’d prepared for her. “Yim, you eat first. I’m not hungry. I’m going for a walk.” He followed her out.
Kong was proving less creative than she’d expected. Growing up poor didn’t mean she was impressed by food or a big roof. Although his touch was enough evidence of his desperation.
“It took a while to build this house because we had to import different parts.”
 “There’re plenty of fine Thai pieces. The money wouldn’t have flowed out of our country either.” So his dad imported housing materials while exporting his son. Too bad there was no brain enhancement involved in the process. How did he go from bemoaning the cars as his only connection to his dad to then offering “one or two” up to her? She rejected his offer, and recognized his eyes flaring in reaction to the chase. He wanted a yes out of her, but she would not give one. Not yet.
He wanted to talk business in his office. Which turned out to be his bedroom.
“I’m not the type of guy that would trick a girl to coming into my room.” And he thought she was the type of girl that could be tricked into going into his room.
He used the light as an excuse to darken the room. Flipping through the channels, Neung couldn’t help thinking how appropriate his actions were. It wouldn’t be long, she mused, until she made sure the curtains would draw close over his performance. By then she’d be twice as wealthy and it wouldn’t hurt if a pretty husband was thrown in with one million baht.

---

He wouldn’t take no for an answer, even after radishes and eggplants spilled on the market’s floor.
“Let me help you today. If I walk around with you like this without carrying anything, people will call me useless.”
People call you that already, she thought. Kong tried so hard, she would give him a break today. She would even let him invest deeper. “Fine. Follow me.” She could sense his triumphant smile trailing close behind her, paying for and carrying everything she wanted. Neung wondered how much fresh produce she, mom, and Yim could eat in a week without any of it rotting.

“If you don’t go, my mom will be upset to see you here.” She wasn’t playing coy either. “Go now, go. I didn’t ask you to help.”
“Aow, okay fine. Just let me finish what I started here.”
Neung turned away for three seconds, then heard him give a shout of pain. “What happened?”
“The knife slipped.” He hissed in pain. “My finger…”
She cradled his hand in hers, inspecting the cut. It was a clean cut. She wouldn’t have been surprised if he’d done it intentionally.
“Here, give me the knife.” She took the weapon from him. “Go wash your cut.”
“You’re not going to help bandage it for me?” he pouted.
She glanced at him through her lashes. “What, do you want me to kiss your owie?” Kong blinked as her eyes seared at him. Her fingers held the knife delicately. His pulse skipped, feeling her rest the knife’s tip over his heart. “It’s going to take a much deeper wound to gain my sympathy.” The knife bit at his skin through his shirt and he imagined her lips pressing there instead. She smiled sweetly. “But just this once, then.” And she left him to find a bandaid.

------

Her mom could be vicious. She knew that since childhood when her mom had nearly beat her bottom blue for staying after school too late with her friends. But the ferocity was powered by love and Neung held no one in as high esteem as she did her mother. Thus, she gave Kong some credit for not running away with tail between his legs after facing off with her mom. He was powered by greed. Neung? She was powered by vengeance.
So she let him think he was working hard, cleaning mirrors, moving furniture. She made sure he caught her looking at him. She made sure to try hiding her looks.
“Here’s some water.”
“Every time you give me water, it refreshes me.” His brows rose suggestively, and she thought of their first encounter with the hose. “Are you worried about me? Whenever I feel tired, I just look at you and my tiredness goes away.”
She blinks shyly, turns away to hide what he’ll presume is a blush. Kong wanted an excuse for them to touch again. He told himself it would let her know how irresistible he found her. He grasped her upper arm, leaned close. “I meant what I said. I like you. I’ll prove my sincerity. And you? How do you feel about me?”
She almost laughed at the lies. But her mom saved her, calling her at the right moment.
It exasperated and amused her that he seemed to have no obligations ever, was able to spend entire days following her around the salon like a puppy. She knew the wealthy could afford leisure days and yet, Neung almost asked him if he truly didn’t have any form of work to do. She almost sent him home. But he handed her the small comb and she decided she quite liked seeing him kneeling at her feet.

---

If her mom had dumped the water over the bitch one moment later, Neung would have ripped the dirty hair extensions from the lady’s scalp. As it was, her mom helped her to her feet and away from the women who had marched in claiming she’d stolen their piece of meat by the name of Kong. Another one showed up. Then, his aunt showed up. Neung swore silently. She hadn’t signed up for catfights when she accepted her inheritance. The old hag mouthed off to her mom about her nephew and right on time, Kong stepped in like the proverbial hero he wanted her to see, proclaiming his love for her in front of them all.
He ordered them all away and turned to her. Neung lowered her gaze, feeling a smile threaten upon her lips. Her mother wouldn’t be pleased but the show had to go on.
He said her name.
“You can leave too,” she said. His hands were on her wrists.
“Are you mad at me because of them?”

She was angry at all of them, at herself for letting them hurt her. Neung cried in her bed. For the words that stung despite the steel walls she’d built over the past years. She cried. For her mother and her late father, hating the high society that thought they could step all over her just because of the absence of a paternal figure in her life.
She looked at the clock. Nine-twenty. Maybe another ten minutes out in the rain would cleanse him of his stupidity, but she wouldn’t set her hopes high. Then Tor started a fight in the rain and she had to call him inside three minutes sooner.

“No one likes or knows the real me.” He played the pity card. She wouldn’t call his bluff this time either. Not when he thought he’d finally had her sulking in hurt and jealousy. “Only you know the real me. Only you are sincere towards me. Being close to you has brought me happiness.”
Of that, Neung was sure he spoke truly. They were both closer to five hundred million baht in each other’s presence.
“And now I’ve lost my chance.”
He stood no chance against her.
“I want you to know I love you.”
At his words, she painted devastation on her face. What he saw was a girl falling in love.

------

She looked down at the passport and plane ticket he had dropped on purpose. So this was her cue. Neung went to his car window.
“You can’t go.” Not without her express permission. What he saw was a girl falling in love. What she saw was a boy who would follow her as long as she let him.

Neung gives him a yes. “I love him, mom.” Her mom walks out of the room.
Kong gathers her in his arms. “Your mom will understand one day.”
She presses her cheek to his chest as he strokes her hair. She smiles. “Yes.”

------
Caught some RLSR feels since the remake aired.
:)

jjinxx