Saleisha America's Next Top Model

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid

Saleisha Tops Top Model, Cue the Carping

By Sarah Hall
Thu Dec 13, 2:51 AM PST

Were a pretty face, a fierce walk and a perky attitude all it took to propel Saleisha Stowers to the Top Model title?

After the 19-year-old former receptionist from Los Angeles was named the winner on Wednesday's ninth-cycle finale, the blogosphere was buzzing with reasons why she may have been undeserving of the victory.

Though it was made clear from the outset of the season that Saleisha had a prior relationship with Tyra Banks, having attended the supermodel's T-Zone camp for underprivileged girls when she was 14, viewers were given no indication that the twosome's acquaintance extended beyond that experience.

However, sharp-eyed fans soon dug up footage showing Saleisha walking the catwalk in an ANTM cycle-six fashion show, as well as appearing on the runway in an episode of The Tyra Banks Show.

Viewers also found that Saleisha had appeared in a nationwide Wendy's commercial that aired in 2006, seemingly in violation of an America's Next Top Model eligibility rule that states would-be contestants "must not have previous experience as a model in a national campaign within the last five years (including, but not limited to, appearances on television and print advertisements)."

Whether Saleisha's prior experience gave her an unfair advantage over Barbie-esque runner-up Chantal and cynical third-place finisher Jeneh is up for debate.

However, Chantal's performance in the final fashion show, in which she tripped up a background performer on stilts with the train of her dress, causing him to plummet to the ground, certainly didn't help her cause.

Nor did Jenah's assertion to the judges that there was no need for her to "spew rainbows incessantly" endear her to the panel—and in fact, the comment may have directly contributed to her dismissal from the final three.

Saleisha, on the other hand, managed to walk the runway without taking out any of the background dancers and always mustered a smile and sunny demeanor for the judges, which apparently worked to curry their favor.

The newly crowned CoverGirl strutted away from the show with a $100,000 contract with Elite Model Management and the promise of a Seventeen cover and photo spread.

"I fought for this so hard, and I'm so determined, and I have it now, and I'm not letting it slip out," Saleisha proclaimed after learning of her victory. "I wanted it so bad, and I got it, and I'm never letting it go!"

Saleisha wasn't the night's only winner, as ANTM ended its ninth season as the CW's highest rated show, averaging more than 5 million viewers each week.

The catwalk-focused series has been renewed through the 2009-10

Link:
http://tv.yahoo.com/americas-next-top-mode...f1_cddfb07ddbf7

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
With all that experience if she didn't win that would be a shocker I like it her but i like Chantal a lil better

STIMA

but i thought that if you had experience, you couldn't try out?
i thot the girls this season really sucked
saleisha is a sweet girl...she did deserve to win but
jennah really stood out most out of all them
this season sucked.

some people think that jus cus chantal tripped that guy she failed
but her walks sucked that's why

bee1210

sarNie Egg
i agree with mainhiathao that models r too skinny (some).............but in this cycle I really thought that Heather was either goin to win it all or made it to finale...............when saliesha won i thought oh bummer.........but now that i think about it..........maybe chantal was at a disadvantage and i feel sorry for the guy who fell down because of her dress.......