[SBS] Mask 가면

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew

Ji-Sook (Soo-Ae) goes through a difficult period, due to her father's private loan. She begins living as Eun-Ha. Eun-Ha is from a wealthy family and looks like Ji-Sook.

When Min-Woo (Ju Ji-Hoon) was only 7 years old, he became the successor of a large corporation which his family ran. Due to his position, he cannot reveal his feelings. Through his family, he meets Eun-Ha. He notices she is different from other wealthy woman that he has met. Min-Woo has feelings for her.

I couldn't find a thread for this drama, so I decided to create one. I feel like the synopsis doesn't make the drama sound interesting, but it really is a good romantic melodrama. Anyways, if you haven't seen this drama you should definitely check it out. I totally did not expect it to be a good drama. The beginning starts off confusing, but they really get to the point. The pace is good, and the cast is doing a great job portraying their characters so far. Soo Ae reminds me of Eun Hye, especially when she pretends to be the the rich girl who looks like her. I feel like I'm watching another drama of Ju Ji Hoon and Eun Hye again, even though she's not Eun Hye. 555 There's about 12 episodes out so far, which mean there's about 8 episodes left to go. Episodes 13 comes out tomorrow. I am excited for the next episode. It gets better each time. :D I love how she pretends to be his wife, but I do pity her though, especially her parents. I like that she starts off a bit weak in the beginning, which is understanding because she was scare, but she starts to become stronger as she starts to figure things out. Watch it if you haven't. I totally recommend it! :D

fun

Expired Sarnie
sarN made me watch this. I haven't had time to create thread for the new batch of dramas. I am not use to this night shift thing so I get extremely exhausted during the day to make update and changes. 

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Well, I'm here for Min Woo or more Ju Ji Hoon. He was my sweetheart since Goong, then The Devil and so on. He may not be Lee Min Ho beautiful but he definitely is born to play this grumpy but adorable characters.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Well, I highly suspect thst Ji Sook is the congressman's daughter too. His wife is not Eun Ha's mom and Ji Sook has a sis whose name is Ji Eun which I guess is Eun Ha. Finally, the otp admits the feelings for each. I love that Min Woo wasn't the pathetic male lead who throws a tantrum when he found out about Eun Ha being Ji sook but stop treating him like a kid you ladies.

cecilia

Staff member
LOL The p'ek in here seems mysterious and confuse so I'm going to give it a shot. Thank you for the heads up :)

tgamber

sarNie Adult
The male lead seems a lit weak and psycho at first but turns out he's cute bear wearing business attire. Suae's full teeth smile and JJH's grumpy cuteness alone worth to watch.

cecilia

Staff member
Something about him .. must be this mysterious look that makes me want to tune in .. 
ALSO, he's more mature looking here compare to Goong so I'll give it a shot when I have a chance.
The OST sounds so nice :)

cecilia

Staff member
I watched the first 3 episodes and yes, p'ek is a bit cray cray but at the same time kindda pitiful and cute lol Anyhow, the theme is a bit sad though .. money, money, money -- can dignify a person's worth in the eyes of the rich T_____T

I really like this song by Lyn, "Only One Day"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=najmnTTtu2s

cecilia

Staff member
Feels like I'm spamming by myself in here lol

Honestly, if I were to be in JiSook's shoe I would do the same to protect my husband too.

I thought Minwoo was crazy but the bil is more ...never sacrifice your own happiness for revenge. That's just too much when you start to loop everything around ....

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I am currently on ep 2, not sure if I will know the answer to this question as I continue to watch it - the tampering with the champagne was whose idea?

bro in law, bro in law & Eun Ha or someone else??

tgamber

sarNie Adult
It was the wife.
I first thought BIL was revengful and scary but the other character proves me wrong by killing unintentionally or intentionally. I have mixed feelings for this. I wish Min Woo would act more competent. I wish his bro in law was more complex.(seriously what's the point of having vamp prosecutor in villain role?)

cecilia

Staff member
Actually, I fear for Ji Sook because he has her at every corner ... I was glad when she found evidence to protect herself and her husband. I honestly felt hopeless for her when she can't control what goes around her ... 

And yes, intentional or unintentional murder is scary ... 

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Ohhhh, I was thinking that person who tampered the champagne might be her.

she must have found out that her husband is cheating on her with Eun Ha, that by the pool scene, I could see that she was awared of the look of Eun Ha on her husband

cecilia

Staff member
I'm infatuated with Ju Jihoon lol -- Those lips .. so kissable lol

Back to drama -- the sister is actually the one who needs therapy not Min Woo.  
Anyway, can I say that Min Woo, despite his flaw, is one LOVELY husband?
He did so much to hold her dear to his heart and every time he tried to hurt or be angry at her he end up forgiving and trailing back to her ... so cute!!!! BUT he's able to do this because she was so loyal and love love love love love him so so so so much!

Sharing more fanmade :wub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elG-t2SxXq4

sarN

sarNie Granny
I do love this drama but GOSH DARN IT !! They were married 95% of the time & there was no rscene,attempt, drunken violation, willing---til like the last 10 min of the series lol