[SBS] Yong Pal (2015)

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Well I heard of this drama, watched only like 15 mins of ep 1 last year after I read its synopsis however I'm currently interested in male surgeon lol & this drama happened to be on my tv today, talk about coincidence lol so it got me interested in watching it again lol. I just finished ep 1, so far I got to know Yong Pal, the main character. He is gifted in what he does & that it's a positive thing for his sister but that is just the beginning...so I am continuing with this drama to see lol.

Synopsis

Kim Tae-hyun is a talented surgeon. Desperate for money to pay for his sister's medical bills, he adopts the code name Yong-pal and offers his medical skills to those in need of medical attention but who cannot do so publicly, dealing with criminals and corrupt plutocrats. Joining a team of corrupt physicians Kim rescues "sleeping beauty" Han Yeo-jin, a chaebol heiress from a medically induced coma, leading to unintended consequences.

Main Cast

1. Joo Won as Kim Tae-hyun - a skilled surgeon, who under the alias Yong-pal moonlights as a mercenary doctor for hire.
2. Kim Tae Hee as Han Yeo-jin - a chaebol heiress placed in a coma by her enemies.
3. Chae Jung An as Lee Chae-young - Han Do-joon's wife.
4. Jo Hyun Jae as Han Do-joon - Han Yeo-jin's half-brother, who covets his sister's inheritance.

Cr to Wikipedia

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

I'm on ep 8, so far it is keeping me intrigued. It's dark & gloomy, most of the characters are not what they seem, most have secrets & do whatever for their best interests basically survivors of the fittest, one will do anything to keep himself/herself in power or from getting killed/in big troubles, like you rather kill/do bad things or get killed.

So far it is power struggle of rich & powerful people, Yong Pal got trapped in between, poor guy, he didn't exactly know beforehand what he will get himself into & when he got into these rich & powerful people's war, it is too late to get out, like he made a deal with the devils. I will see how he will survive & get out of this deal with the devils in one piece meaning he still is the person he was before.

So far the only characters you could count on are Yong Pal, the head nurse who is very close to YP & the head gangster dude YP saved lol.

Ms.Zoe

I like this song the most from Yong Pal OST - Junhyung (BEAST) & Gayoon (4Minute) Nightmare 악몽 MV Eng Sub + Rom + Hangul.

Cr to Le Vinh

Ms.Zoe

I forgot where I stopped at, I think I still have 3-5 episodes left or even more to finish. Somehow when she awoke, the suspense died down, the drama took a weird turn and made me lost interest. Hopefully one day my interest comes back so I could finish it & comment some more :).