Shaman lady

myx

sArNieZ
i heard that nowdays women are becoming shaman. i haven't actually see a shaman lady perform, but i heard that a couple of ladies are becoming shaman. my grandparents tell me that those who are shaman are choosen by the spirits. u just can't quit becominga shaman or become one if u wish to.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i heard that nowdays women are becoming shaman. i haven't actually see a shaman lady perform, but i heard that a couple of ladies are becoming shaman. my grandparents tell me that those who are shaman are choosen by the spirits. u just can't quit becominga shaman or become one if u wish to.

uhmm...
there are lots of women out there who are shamans
that's kind of the only way to become a shaman
you gotta be the chosen ones..

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
yeah that's true... Lots of women are becoming Shaman these days.. even younger teen-aged girls.. there were 2 girls who went to school with me and got really sick from being 'chosen' so they had to have their own 'thaj neeb' set up... though I don't think people ask them to perform for them, they have their own 'dab' at home..

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid

there's always been women who are shamans. i have cousins myself who are..&& yes you are chosen by the spirits.

they come && bother you so that you are aware && are prepare. :D scary huh? happened to my mom but she's not a shaman,
she only gives medicine.. (if you guys know wat i mean)

a lil off topic but i have a cousin who lives in laos && he's only 20 && he's a SHAMAN. i think its kinda kewl. hahaaa..
here in the U.S is different but if you are chosen, they will come let you know as get you sick.. hahaa...

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
i have seen alot of women shamans. i come from a long line of shamans. my great-great-grandfather, my great-grandfather, my grandfather, my dad, my aunt, my uncle. according to my grandma, our "dab neeb" is passed down from generations to generations. like my dad inherited his dab neeb from my decreased great-grandfather.

Same here! I come from a family that does Shaman too... My mom is becoming official in October. I have to go back home and see the ceremony. I am actually excited to see my mom becoming one cause my dad alwaise wanted to be one. My grandpa from my dad side was one. I was joking with my mom how she like if she was taking a POO POO and her spirits were watching her. lol... :lol:

azncritics

sarNie Egg
My mother told me that some shaman cannot bare to eat left over food...

pclkck

sarNie Egg
what do u mean nowadays. There has been woman shaman for like forever. it's just that now it seems a little bit odd for young girls to get into it, but back in laos and thailand theres always girl shamans. I know cause my in laws lives in laos.

I think u guys are talking about the so call rumored woman mej koob ( i think thats how u spell it). U know the wedding dude. i heard rumors that in Mn there are.

kue1982

sarNie Egg
Same here! I come from a family that does Shaman too... My mom is becoming official in October. I have to go back home and see the ceremony. I am actually excited to see my mom becoming one cause my dad alwaise wanted to be one. My grandpa from my dad side was one. I was joking with my mom how she like if she was taking a POO POO and her spirits were watching her. lol... :lol:
haha it might be or sound funny because you never see them like that and all of certainly they're the chosen one and you get to see them "ua neeb" it might look weird but its good that your mom is a chosen one, gotta be lucky to be one of an kind.

Shaman ppls can't not eat left over and it got to be clean. If its not, they could tell because their "dlaab neeb" know everything, so before you want to place out the food on the table make sure its clean because they could get sick from eating.

There has always been an shamen lady, but now a day, seems like age doesn't matter, one of my cousin nephew is like 5 and he got very sick from it and they said that he's the chosen one. If you're an chosen one and you refuse to be one you will get sick or even die from it too.

myx

sArNieZ
i'm not sure if my sister is going to be a shaman or not. she's only 15, she got sick since she's 12. oh yeah, my mommys dad is a shaman, and my grandfather use to be a Shaman too. i think it might of been pass down to her. now my dad tells us that she can't eat food from the same place w/ us. she have to get her own food before anyone else. also, she can't eat chicken. i don't know what's up w/ that. whenever she eats chicken she gets sick for days.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
my aunt who is a shaman cant eat left over food. my dad can't eat leftover and certain foods. shamans arent even suppose to kill pigs, chicken, etc after they ua neeb but my aunt still do it. anyways, my uncle was telling me that there might be a chance that my dad's dlaab neeb will come to me because i'm the only daughter and it wouldnt be fair if it went to one of my four brothers. but my grandma reassure me that since i'm the only daughter, it will not come to me. i dont want it.

swt_anjo559

sarNie Egg
My mother told me that some shaman cannot bare to eat left over food...
I think that is quite true. Well, my dad is somewhat a shaman since he don't go perform BUT he does it so that they won't bother him. Actually, my dad don't perform outside because his master passed away before he was able to learn all the rules/laws?? I think my younger sister is the chosen one in my family since she can NEVER eat any leftover. She won't even eat the last portion rice in the steamer if you take it out for a few min. She would rather wait for the new patch, also, I think it is just her own personal thing BUT she don't eat anything that have onion or smell like onion. What I find amazing about her is that she has the ability to sense trouble because anything she feel kind of unsure would turn out bad. It's scary BUT it don't happen often & most of the time I tell not to tell me. :lol:

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
lol yea its true...i just had a relative who is a shaman come do it for me like two days ago...she's really good...i like how she speaks thai when she goes into the trance...i can understand like bits of it..lol

Fearless

sarNie Adult
My sister in law has been sick for the past few weeks and they just found out that it's because she was chosen to be a shaman. She is in her 40s but she said she doesn't want to be one she's going to wait until she gets older.

bee1210

sarNie Egg
My grandma from my dad's side of the family is a shaman and also my grandpa.................my dad know some charms and spells too.......