Shopping for *Gold*

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
Some of my family including myself drove all the way from Madison to Chicago to buy "gold" jewelry... now 1 'ba' costs $260... is it reasonable??

also- we parked in that asianvillage parking lot- and we were only supposed to pay 4 bucks for 3 hours of parking and that gay asian guy charged us 6 bucks for it! Dumb tiag tiag!

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
JaM said:
^"ba" as in the thai currency? i thought it was 39 baht for 1 US dollars.
[post="40445"][/post]​

No- actually when you go to those asian markets.. 1 "ba" stands for like, I'm guessing, a size of the chain that you want? And then they take that size and multiply it by how much it actually weighs, so if you're like, buying a 12 inch 1 ba necklace, it's like, 300 some dollars.. My mom bought a small one and she paid about 300 bucks for it or more...

rukmos

sarNie Adult
My mom goes gold shopping, but I don't go with her because GOLD isn't my thing or my style...I don't understand why people would want to pay so much for gold...I know that it's gold and all, but still is it worth the money?

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
I dunno- I guess it's their generation... Gold isn't worth all that much to me.. I just like a small chain to wear- just because I'm hmong.. heeehee...

miss_kayomee

sarNie Egg
i don't like wearing gold, so it doesn't bother me. i'm more of a silver then anything. my mom bought me a gold necklace and its just sitting in my jewelery box.

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
every where you go now is quite expensive. gold are starting to become like a collectible thing just like the 60's cars. a 10gram susie bar costs 450 & up online.

lakorn

sarNie Hatchling
Some of my family including myself drove all the way from Madison to Chicago to buy "gold" jewelry... now 1 'ba' costs $260... is it reasonable??

also- we parked in that asianvillage parking lot- and we were only supposed to pay 4 bucks for 3 hours of parking and that gay asian guy charged us 6 bucks for it! Dumb tiag tiag!
$260 is a cheap price comparing to where i live, 1 'ba' of gold necklace cost $860.