Singer sentenced to 2 years in jail

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
Singer sentenced to two years in jail for having sex with minor

Rock singer Ekkarat " Dak" Wongchalard was given a two-year suspended jail term on Wednesday for having sex with a girl under 18 years old.

The Criminal Court set a condition that he contribute to society by producing two songs for youths to help fight drugs.

Ekkarat, who sings with Big Ass band, was initially sentenced to two years imprisonment and a fine of Bt20,000, but his confession prompted the court to lower the punishment to one and a half years in jail, which was then suspended for two years, and reduce the fine to Bt15,000.

The charge came to light following rumour that Ekkarat was the father of a child by a 17 year-old model identified as Fai (not her real name). Although the DNA test result showed he was not the father, charges of underage rape were laid against him.

The lawsuit said Ekkarat had taken Fai - then 15 years old - away from her mother between December 2003 and April 2005 and had sexual relations with her on many occasions. He had no intention of marrying her.

He confessed during his court trial that he had had sexual relations with the girl but that he did not know her age. The court found that his claim was not backed by any evidence.

Ekkarat asked the court to give him a light sentence and a suspended jail term. He vowed to produce songs to fight drugs and other vices for his album to be released this year.

The court noted Ekkarat had never been convicted of any crime worthy of a jail term and the plaintiffs had given testimony in his favour. It ruled that imprisonment would not do any good.

It also ruled that he occasionally join youth antidrug activities. His first probation report would be on June 18.

Ekkarat said outside the court that he believed in the justice system and accepted the ruling. He said he would learn the lessons from his behaviour and try to go forward in life. He said he was willing to assist Fai and her son if they were in trouble and in need of help.

credit - The Nation

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Wow!

Thanks for the news girlfriend!

Sad to hear... hopefully his songs will be strong to help the future generation avoid drugs.

Not trying to belittle the actual incident, but for those who are gonna hate, just remember that the girl is not some innocent child... she was most likely sexually active as evident by a child not belonging to him.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i love big ass! man oh well his bad buh i guess if he dint kno oh what ever man complicated!

dfemc

sarNie Adult
believe it or not i do feel the guy on this issue. some girls jsut move on at a young age and they don't fully nor honestly inform that guy about their real age. then all of sudden, when relationships go sour, the girl comes around claiming statutory rape. at the same times, the guys just needs to be more cautious and think twice about who they're getting involved in, instead of just playing the one-night-stand games. it's a fallacy on both their ends, but i believe the girl should be punished too, i don't think she didn't not know any better.

mango

Lakornaddict ;)
i agree with dfemc

Well at least, he is taking his punishment and that he gunna help out Fai if she needs any help or whatsoeva so he isn't that much of a bad guy.

natty

Chubs
Wow!

Thanks for the news girlfriend!

Sad to hear... hopefully his songs will be strong to help the future generation avoid drugs.

Not trying to belittle the actual incident, but for those who are gonna hate, just remember that the girl is not some innocent child... she was most likely sexually active as evident by a child not belonging to him.

she's very sexually active since she doesnt even know who the father of the child is.. so that means she slept with more then 2 guys during the same time.

noungning

Heartless
nice that u point it out natty.

in thailand, amongst the teenagers or not even, 12-20 yr old, they have sex games... who can have the most sex partners to be popular and accepted... good thing the HIV number is decreasing?

yeah, at least he admits to his wrong doing. he broke the rule, so he must serve.

but his songs are still good :dude:

_sai

sarNie Juvenile
thats just silly. you cant just blame it on the person who is over 18. i mean.. just coz shes a 'minor' doesnt mean she didnt consent. shes prolly willing to since hes famous. kids arent that innocent these days..
bah...so unfair

Ashi

sarNie Hatchling
i like him as a singer good thing he accepting what he did was wrong but then again the girl cant keep her leg close so i cant really blame it all on him. i didt lil girl in thai would so that i alway thought girl are proper and mature no wonder thai is one of the country with hiv problem

Kat

sarNie Hatchling
that's messed up. he only get's 2 yrs in jail and he still makes money by producing songs. if it was any body else they would prolly give them more time in jail and a huge fine. as much as i like the group i still don't think it's right to do that, and as for the girl she knew what she was getting herself into so i don't feel sorry for her either. come on now a big time rock singer takes you away for like ayear? and what did u think was going to happened? stupid ppl on both sides.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
nice that u point it out natty.

in thailand, amongst the teenagers or not even, 12-20 yr old, they have sex games... who can have the most sex partners to be popular and accepted... good thing the HIV number is decreasing?

yeah, at least he admits to his wrong doing. he broke the rule, so he must serve.

but his songs are still good :dude:
dats so tru i seen it happen alot even in my skool some sluts played that game... i think its wrong and yuk! do it with someone u really love man

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
It happens everywhere....

Not just Thailand.

In the US... there's the sperm gang or at least that was what they were called when I was in high school.

And in other schools, I think it was called the mile high club.

And Japan is infamous for it too.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
she's very sexually active since she doesnt even know who the father of the child is.. so that means she slept with more then 2 guys during the same time.
LMFAO!!!!! that's gross.... she needs to be on the Maury show if she doesnt know........hahahhaa