Smart Cars

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Has anyone seen these in the states yet?
I saw one yesterday while pulling out of the parking lot of a Walgreens.
It was this little itty bitty thing that just zoomed by. If I didn't do a double take I would've missed it it was so small.
The damn thing is smaller than a Beetle. It looked like it might be smaller than a mini coop (just barely).
Yeah, great idea, cute car but there's just no way a car that tiny will hold up in the US, especially when there are so many huge ass trucks and SUVs around. A Hummer could probably crush that sucker with one wheel.

i haven't seen them, but it sounds like something i'd be interested in. SUVs & big as$ cars aren't very practical. they leave too much of a footprint on this earth. ^_^ free will for all though. :lol:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
LOL
I agree.. I've seen one or two in highland park in dallas .. and it is so tiny! The thing about those smart car is safety.. come on .. it can't be good for crashes... especially now a days where people drive like idiots.. and no worries about a hummer crushing it I hear that hummer is stopping the production of hummers :lol: either that or they are going to sell hummer off

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
When I was a kid back in the 80s, I was anticipating the year 2000, cause I thought there was going to be flying cars..

I hope I get to see those before I die!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
LOL same here! I also counted down to see the lights go out at 2000 because everyone told me they would :huh: "the year 2000 is the end of the world" I was like umm... lol when it hit midnight we still here lmao

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I'm all for flying cars. B)
Hopefully it'll happen while I'm still alive.

Alhambra1

sarNie Juvenile
I think they're cute. I live about 5 miles away from one of the Smart car dealer ship, so yes I seen plenty of them.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult

this one right?
i drove one in tha UK haha not ma type of car buh its kool for small spaces wen ya need to park haha

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
haha and not the most comforble to drive for me u get chucked about too much haha coz its too light

noungning

Heartless
i've seen one.

i told my sister to buy one. but i dunno how it'd follow thru because that crapper cost 11k for just nothing on wheels.

we have a dealership in our tiny state too... and yea ppl likes to try new technologies out in my state... we are like pilot everything here.

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
I actually want one of those smart cars. I don't know... it seem like it'll be easy to drive around. I maybe wrong I don't know. I want one. I'm not sure if my family will be happy.

I've seen some of them on the streets already. I guess we just need some time to get use to it.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I actually want one of those smart cars. I don't know... it seem like it'll be easy to drive around. I maybe wrong I don't know. I want one. I'm not sure if my family will be happy.

I've seen some of them on the streets already. I guess we just need some time to get use to it.
They're not bad, I mean it is better for the environment but the size brings in safety issues.
My dad wouldn't even let me get a VW Beetle because it was too small and wouldn't survive a car crash.

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
They're not bad, I mean it is better for the environment but the size brings in safety issues.
My dad wouldn't even let me get a VW Beetle because it was too small and wouldn't survive a car crash.
I know what you mean both the safety issue with the smart car and the VW Beetle. I wanted a VW Beetle but my family look down on it so much both the size and the design. I think it's so damn cute but I read so many review about it and VW beetle is one car you would want to stay away from. I'll be on the road in 4 months so I'll probably end up with a Honda LOL!

But I still would like the smart car though.

Muddie Murda

smile...
It's totally cute and I wanted one! LOL But I didn't know where to get it :p
So I purchased my small Toyota Yaris. My friends say that my car are those that you push back, and then let go. LOL Those toy cars.
My point is that, my car is small, but not smaller than the Smart car. And when a truck passes by or in a windy place, it sorta....well you can feel it quite much. :p

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
It's totally cute and I wanted one! LOL But I didn't know where to get it :p
So I purchased my small Toyota Yaris. My friends say that my car are those that you push back, and then let go. LOL Those toy cars.
My point is that, my car is small, but not smaller than the Smart car. And when a truck passes by or in a windy place, it sorta....well you can feel it quite much. :p
LOL! That's so good to know. I wanted a Yaris because I couldn't have a smart car or VW beetle. I'm stuck with a honda 'cause my sis is giving it to me when she buy a new one in like 4 months. Anyways...thanks for letting me know about the yaris. LOL!

But does it help if your windows are all close when it's windy?