Something Borrowed || Ch. 3.1 Up

Katerine

Butterfly123

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is one of my favourite books. It’s one of those books that will make you laugh, cry, and fall in love with the character... so I’m writing my own adaption of the book... lots of elements will be the same... but then again they won’t haha... firstly changing the female characters name and location... which will change the plot to... so therefore i am changing a lot ;)... Haha...

Cast/Characters:
Yaya Urassaya as Amelia
Barry Nadech as Dexter
Kwan Usamanee as Chloe
Chace Crawford as Ethan

Summary:

Amelia is a young student living and studying in London. Amelia has always been the consummate good girl – that is until her twenty-first birthday, when her best friend Chloe, throws her a party. That night, after a few too many drinks, Amelia ends up in bed with Chloe’s Fiancée.

Although she wakes up determined to put the one-night fling behind her, Amelia is horrified to discover that she has genuine feeling for the one guy she should run from. And as the wedding date nears, Amelia knows she has to make a choice. In doing so she discover that the lines between love and friendship can be blurry, endings aren’t always neat, and sometimes you have to risk everything for true happiness.

Katerine

Butterfly123
Prologue

Amelia was in year 6 when she first thought about turning twenty-one. Her and her best friend Chloe came across a perpetual calendar of a phone

book, where you can look up any date in the future, and by a little grid determined what day of the week that would be on. So they located

their birthdays for the following year, Amelia’s in April and Chloe’s in September. Amelia got Wednesday, as school night. Chloe got Friday,

typical. Chloe was always the lucky one in Amelia’s eyes, her skin tanned more quickly, her hair curled more easily, and she didn’t need

braces. She had better moonwalks, cartwheels and front handsprings, Amelia couldn’t even do handsprings at all. Chloe also had a sibling, which

Amelia would love to have – even if it was only just a brother, it was better than being an only child in her eyes.

But at least she was a few months older then Chloe and she would never quite catch up. That was the one small victory Amelia had and loved.

That’s when Amelia decided to check her twenty-first birthday. It feel on a Sunday, and Amelia shared her thought with Chloe “Which means my

dashing boyfriend and I would dine at a fancy French restaurant with cloth napkin, and stay out past midnight, so technically we could be

celebrating my actual birthday.”

Then they looked to see when Chloe’s birthday falls on and it was a Monday.

Bummer for her, Amelia thought.

Amelia saw her purse her lips as she processed this information.

“You know, Amelia, who cares what day of the week we turn twenty-one?” Chloe Said, shrugging a light tanned shoulder. “We’ll be old by then.

Birthdays don’t matter when you get that old anyway.”

Amelia thought her parents where older then twenty-one but still in their twenties, and their lacklustre approach toward each other birthday.

Her dad had just given her mum a toaster for her birthday because their old one brook. It wasn’t much of a gift but her mum seemed pretty happy

with it; Amelia didn’t detect any disappointment in her mum. So Chloe was properly right. Fun stuff like birthdays wouldn’t matter as much by

the time we reach it.​

Katerine

Butterfly123
Chapter 1

Present day

Tomorrow was Sunday, Amelia’s Twenty-first birthday; she sat thinking about that time all those years ago when she

and Chloe – who is still her best friend to this day- were playing with their phone book. Tonight would be her last

day in her teenie- not that you can call twenty being a teenager. But it would still be a chapter of her life over,

closed forever. That feeling reminded her of New Year’s Eve, when the countdown is coming and you’re not quite sure

whether to grab a camera or just live for the moment. Usually Amelia would grab the camera and later regret it when

the picture doesn’t turn out. Then she would feel hugely let down and think to herself, That night would have been

more fun if it didn’t mean quite so much, if I weren’t forced to analyze where I’ve been and where I’m going.

Like New Year’s Eve, Tonight was an ending and a beginning. Amelia didn’t feel like endings and beginning. She would

always prefer to chum in the middle. The worst thing she thought about it was, it’s an end to my teen hood and the

beginning of my adult life.

It was the first time in her life she realized that she didn’t know where she was going in life. She had simple want:

one being to finish her law degree and she wanted to find a guy who loved her.

First, she wanted to finish her degree and work in a big London firm. Which meant she would have to finish her law

degree first (which she wouldn’t do till she was at least twenty-five) and secondly she wanted to find someone who

loved her, but she was all alone.

Amelia had plenty of friends, which was proven tonight. Friends to Rollerblade with; friends to go to the countryside

with; friends to meet on the weekend to go out and have a few drinks with because it was the weekend because there

was no university till Monday. And she has Chloe, her best friend since forever, who was all of the above, well apart

from the last one as Chloe didn’t go to University and worked full time in a boutique designing her own clothing. But

everyone knows friends are not enough. She wanted someone to love her for who she was not who her friends portrayed

her as.

The situation seemed the entirely more dismal now as her oldest and best friend was freshly engaged. Yet again Amelia

proved her theory right Chloe was still the lucky one. As she watches Chloe now, tell a group of us including her

fiancée. Dex and Chloe are a exquisite couple, lean, tall with matching dark hair and brown eyes. She would hate

their smugness but she cannot resist starting at them when you are on the same floor searching a not-too-

expensive-gift for the umpteenth wedding the she had been invited to without a date.

“...So the lesson here is: if you ask for a Brazilian bikini wax, make sure you specify. Tell them to leave a strip

or else you will wind up hairless, like a ten-year-old!” Chloe finish the bawdy tale, and everyone laugh except Dex,

who shakes his head, as if to say, what a piece of work my fiancé is.

"Okay. I'll be right back," Chloe suddenly says. "Tequila shots for one and all!"

Chloe was now leaning over the bar, flirting with someone, aspiring actor/bartender who she already said to Amelia

she would “totally do” if she were single and into guy her own age – even though Dex was twenty-five. As if Chloe

would ever think herself single. She remembered once she said in school “I don’t Break up, I trade up.” And she kept

her word on that, she was never dumped nope she did the dumping. And she had done that though out her teen year.

Amelia, can hook up with the bartender, she thought to herself she hasn’t been laid in ages!

Then she laughed at herself! I must be drunk! Like Amelia would do that!

She turned around to see her boy- no, no fiancée staring at her with raised eye brows. She scowls at him and turned

back to the bartender.

Amelia saw Chloe return to their group and handed Dex a shot, but he refuses to do it so Chloe insist that she does

an extra shoot, and before she know it the night start to take on a blurry quality, and when you cross over from

buzzed to drunk, losing track of an ant precise order of thing, well apparently Chloe had reach that point, even

sooner than a Amelia thought, as she saw her dancing on the bar from her she stood with Pancake, Amelia’s closest

friend from university and also the person she shares a flat with.

“She’s shameless.” Pancake says under her breath.

Amelia laughs, “Yeah. Par of course”

Next thing Amelia hears is a yelp from Chloe who is clapping her had in the air and motioning for Amelia to go join

her. “Amelia! Amelia! C’mere!”

Amelia’s eye widened and she shakes her head, but put on a polite smile.

Everyone is waiting for Chloe’s net move which is to swivel her hip in perfect time to the music, bends over slowly

and whip her body upright again. Amelia glance to Dex, who looks like he’s deciding weather to be annoyed or amused.

“That man patience is an understatement.” Pancake whisper in Amelia’s ear.

“This is what Dex and I have in common then.” She whispers back.

“Happy birthday, Rachel!” Darcy Yells “Let’s all raise a glass to Rachel!”

Katerine

Butterfly123
Chapter 2

One minute Chloe was dancing and celebrating on the bar counter, then she was whisked of the bar by Dex.

“All Right,” he announced. “I’m taking this little party-planner home.”

Chloe stomped her foot and grabbed her drink off the bar “You’re not the boss of me, Dex! Is he Amelia?”As she shows

everyone her independence, she stumbles and sloshes her martini all over Dex’s shoes

Dex Grimaces. “Your wasted Chloe. This isn’t fun for anyone but you.”

“Okay. Okay. I’ll go... I’m feeling kind of sick anyway,”

“Are you going to be okay?”

“I’ll be fine. Don’t you worry,” She says as she plays the role of a brave little sick girl.

Amelia says thanks to Chloe for the party, tell her that it was a surprise-which is a lie, as Amelia know Chloe would

capitalize her twenty-first to buy a new outfit, throw a big bash, and invite as many as her friends than Amelia’s

own.

Still Amelia thought it was nice of her to have the party, and she is grateful that she did.

She is the kind of friend who always makes things feel special.

They hug each other.

“I’d do anything for you.” Chloe says

Chloe was gushing as she always does when she drinks too much.

Dex cuts her off “Happy birthday, Rachel. We’ll talk to you tomorrow.” He gives Amelia a kiss on the cheek

“Thanks, Dex” She says. “Good night.”

She watches him usher Chloe outside, holding her elbow after she nearly trips on the curb.

Oh to have a caretaker Amelia thought

Sometime later Dex reappears in the bar.

“Chloe lost her purse. She thinks she left it here. It’s small silver,” he says. “Have you seen it?”

“She lost her new Chanel bag?” Amelia shakes her head and laughs because it just like Chloe to lose things.

Amelia helps Dex search for the purse, finally spotting it under a bar stool.

As he turns to leave, Dex’s friend Marcus, one of his groomsmen, convinces him to stay “C’mon, man. Hang out for a

minute.”

Dex Calls Chloe who slurs her consent, tell him to have fun without her. Although she is probably thinking that such

a thing isn’t possible. Slowly Amelia’s friends peel away, saying their final happy birthdays. Dex and Amelia

outlast everyone, even Marcus. They sit at the bar making conversation with the actor/bartender who has an “Amy”

tattoo and zero interest in an aging lawyer.

It’s after two when Amelia and Dex decide to leave.

The night felt more like midsummer that spring to Amelia, and the warm air infuses her with sudden hope: this

will be the summer I meet my guy

Dex hails a taxi for her, but it as it pulls over he says, “How one more bar? On more drink?”

“Fine” She says. “Why not?”

They end up a bar named 7. It’s not an upbeat scene- 7B is dingy and smoke-filled. But they like it anyway- it’s not

sleek and it’s not a dive striving to be cool.

Dex points to booth. “Have a seat. I’ll be right with you.” Then he turns around, “What can I get you?”

“Whatever you’re having.”

A moment later Dex slides in across from Amelia, push the beer her way.

“Newcastle,” he says. Then he smile, crinkly lines appearing around his eyes. “You like?”

Amelia nods and smiles

After they finish their beers they move over to the jukebox, fill it with a pound coin, searching for good song.

Amelia pushed the code for “Thunder Road” twice as it’s her favourite song. Which she tells Dex.

Sometime later they were in a taxi again heading north of 7B.

“Two stops,” Dex tells our Taxi driver, because we live on the opposite sides of Hyde Park.

Dex is holding Chloe’s Channel purse, which look tiny and out of place in his large hands.

Amelia glances at the silver dial of Dex’s Rolex, a gift from Chloe. It is just shy of four o’clock. They sit

silently for a stretch of ten or fifteen minute. Both looking out the respective side windows, until the taxi hits a

pothole and Amelia finds herself lurched into the middle of the backseat, her leg grazing Dex’s. Then suddenly Dex is

kissing Amelia. Or Amelia is kissing Dex. They don’t know. But somehow they are kissing.

Amelia’s mind goes black and listens to the soft sound of their lips meeting again and again.

At some point, Dex taped on the Plexiglas partition and tells the driver, between kiss and says that its only one

stop.

When they arrive at Amelia apartment, Dex hand the driver a twenty and does not wait for change.

They spill out of the taxi, kissing more on the pavement and then in front of Jose, Amelia’s doorman. They kiss the

whole way up the elevator.

Amelia is pressed against the elevator wall, her hand on the back of Dex’s head.

She fumbles with her key, turning it the wrong way in the lock as Dex keep his arm around her waist, his lips on her

neck, and the side of her face. Finally the door opens, and they are kissing in the middle of her studio, standing

upright, leaning on nothing but each other. They stumble over to her bed.

“Are you drunk?” Dex’s asks his voice no more than a whisper in the dark.

“No,” she lies, as people always say it when you’re drunk. Even though she is.

Amelia things Dex can be her secret, her last chance for a dark teen something chapter, and he can also be a prelude

of sorts- a promise of someone like him to come.

The suddenly Chloe come in to her mind, but she pushes it back, overwhelmed by a force stranger than our friendship

and own conscience.

Dex moves over her. Her eyes are closed, than open, than closed again. And then somehow she is having sex with her

best friend’s fiancée

Authors note: hehe sorry long chapter hehe

Saifah

bite me x___
Where's the update? Man you left it on a cliffhanger and do you mind me asking
who the author is? I need some new books to read :)

fun

Expired Sarnie
Are you planning to go watch the movie too?

I have never read the book, so this will do =)

Katerine

Butterfly123
@Vimalee, thank you for reading ^_^
@Saifah the author is Emily giffin,it in 1st person prosective in the orginal book and their another book attached to it called something blue... but something borrowed is my fave hehe

@Fun4fun, yeah i am when it come out lol i wanna see how much they've changed it from the book hehe... then i can bitch out it to my friend hahaha
Chapter 3.1

Amelia woke up with the ring of her phone, and second she thought she had confused herself, on how she got into her apartment.

The she hears Chloe’s high-pitched voice on the answer machine.

“Pick up, pick up, please pickup”

Her mind snaps into focus. She sat up quickly and her apartment spins.

Dexter’s back is to her, sculpted and sparsely freckled. She jabs it hard with a finger.

He rolls over and looks at her. “Oh, Christ! What time is it?”

Amelia looked at her clock radio and it tells them it’s seven-fifteen.

Dex jumps out of the bed quickly, gathers his clothes which are scatted with side of Amelia’s Bed.

The answering Machine beeps twice, cutting Chloe off.

She calls back, rambling about how Dex never came home.

Again the machine cuts her of midsentence. She calls back the third time, wailing, “Wake up and call me! I need you!”

Amelia starts to get out of bed, and then realizes she’s naked. She sits back down and covers herself with a pillow.

“Omigod. What do we do?” her voice is hoarse and shaking.

“Should I answer? Tell her you crashed here?”

“Hell, no! Don’t pick up – lemme think for a sec.” He sits down, wearing only boxers, and rubs his jaw, now covered by a shadow of

whiskers.

Sick, sobering dread washed over Amelia. She starts to cry.

“Look Amelia, don’t cry,” Dex says. “Everything’s going to be okay.” He puts on his jeans and then shirt, efficiently zipping and tucking

and buttoning as though it is an ordinary morning.

Then he checks the messages on his mobile phone. “Shhhit. Twelve missed calls,” he says matter-of-factly. Only his eyes show distress.

When he finished dressing, he sat on the edge of the bed and rests his forehead in his hands.

She can hear him breathing hard though his nose. Air in and out. In and out.

Then he looks over to her, composed. “Okay. Here’s what’s going to happen. Amelia, look at me.” She obeys his instructions, still clutching

her pillow.

“This will be fine. Just listen,” he says as though talking to a client in a conference room.

“I’m listening,” she says.

“I’m going to tell her I stayed out until five or so and then got breakfast with Marcus. We got it covered.”

“What do I tell her?” she asked. Lying had never been her strong suit.

“Just tell her you left the party and went home... Say you can’t remember for sure whether I was still there when you led, but you think I

was still there with Marcus. And be sure to say you ‘think’- don’t be too definite. And that’s all you know okay?” he points at her phone.

“Call her back now... I’m calling Marcus as soon as I leave her got it?”

She nods, her eyes filling with new tears again as he stands.

“And calm down,” he says, not meanly, but firmly. Then he is at the door, on had on the knob, the other running though his black hair that

is just long enough to be sexy.

“What if she already talked to Marcus?” she asks, as Dex is halfway out the door.

Then more to herself, “We are so screwed.”

He turns around, looks at her though the doorway. For a second, he looks angry, that he is going to yell at her, to pull herself together.

That this isn’t life-or-death. But his tone is gentle.

“Mill, we are not screwed. I got it covered. Just say what I told you to say... and Amelia?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m really sorry.”

“Yeah,” she says. “Me too.”

As soon as Dex leaves, she reaches for the phone, still feeling dizzy. It takes her a few minutes, but finally works up the nerve to call

Chloe.

She is hysterical. “The bastard didn’t come home last night! He better be laid up in a hospital bed!... do you think he cheated on me?”

Amelia started to say no, that he was probably just out with Marcus, but she thinks better of it.

She doesn’t know what to say or think. Her head and heart are pounding, and the room was still spinning.

“I’m sure he wasn’t cheating on you.”

Chloe blows her nose. “Why are you sure?”

“Because he wouldn’t do that to you, Chloe” she can’t believe her words, how easily they had come out.

“Well, then, where the fuck is he? The bars close by four or five. It’s seven-freaking-thirty!”

“I don’t know... but I’m sure there’s a logical explanation.”

Which in fact, there is.

She asks Amelia what time she left and whether he was still there and how he was with- the exact questions that ex prepped me on. She

answer carefully, as instructed. Amelia suggests that Chloe calls Marcus.

“I already called him,” she says. “And that dumbass didn’t answer his goddamn phone.”

Amelia hear the click of call-waiting and Chloe is gone, then back tell her that it is Dex and she’ll call her when she can.

She stands and walks unsteadily to my bathroom. She looks into the mirror. Her skin is blotchy and red. Her eyes ringed with mascara and

charcoal liner.

She showers, washed the smoke from her hair and skin with her phone resting on the sink, waiting to hear from Chloe to hear everything is

okay. But hours had passed and she does not call.

By three o’clock Chloe still hadn’t phone so she finally calls Chloe’s Mobile phone, but it goes straight to voice mail.

She calls the home number hoping Chloe will pick up.

Instead Dex answers.

She cringes “Hi, Dex. This is Amelia,” she says trying to sound normal. You know the maid of honour in your upcoming wedding-the woman you

had sex with last night?

“Hi, Rachel,” he says casually. “So did you have fun last night?”

For a second, she thinks that he talking about them and she is horrified by his nonchalance. But then she hears Chloe clamouring for the

phone in the background. And realizes his only talking about the party.

“Oh yeah, it was a great time – a great party.” She bites he lower lip.

Chloe snatched telephone from him. Her tone chipper, fully repaired. “Hey, I’m sorry I forgot to call you back. You know, it was high drama

over here for a while.”

“But you’re okay now? Everything’s all right with you?—and Dex?” she had trouble saying his name. As if is would somehow give her away.

“Um, yeah hold on one sec.” She hears Chloe close a door; she had always moved into their bedroom when she talks on the phone. “So yeah,

i’m fine now. He was just with Marcus. They stayed out late and then ended up going to the diner for breakfast. But of course, you know,

I’m still working the pissed-off angle. I told him he’s totally pathetic, that he a twenty-five-year-old engaged man and he stays out all

night. Pathetic don’t you think?”

“Yeah, i guess so. But harmless enough.” Amelia swallowed hard and thinks yes, that would be harmless enough. “Well, I’m glad you guys mad

up.”

“Yeah I'm over it, I guess. But still... he should have called. That shit does not fly with me you know?”

“I hear you,” she says, and then bravely adds, “I told you he wasn’t cheating on you.

“I know... but i still pictured him with some stripper bimbo from scores or something. My overactive imagination.”

Amelia hears the bedroom door open and Dex say something about being late.

“I gotta run, Amelia, we’re going to the movies. You wanna come?”

“Um, no thanks.”

“Okay. But we’re still on for dinner tonight right? Rain at eight?”

Amelia totally forgot that she had plans to meet Dex, Chloe, and Pancake for a small dinner.

There was no way she could face Dex or Darcy tonight- and certainly not together.

Amelia Tells her that she not um for it and she really hungover. Even though she stopped drinking at two.

Chloe doesn’t notice. “Maybe you’ll feel better later... I’ll call you after the move.”

Authors note: as this chapters long i'm gonna split it into 2 sections as i need to write my other FF too :p and Chloe and Ethan don't have a big role now it is far to hard to put two different books togther >.<

Saifah

bite me x___
Soooooooo guess what?? I actually went to buy this book :) in process of reading it right now
and I think I will go see the movie. Thanks for the update though. Cant wait to read more!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Take your time. No rush but that was a good start. I am more excited to see the relation between the two friends. I have a feeling this is going to be sad.

Well I am going to watch the movie but I feel like I should read the book first. But then again if I do read the book, I will throw a fit when watching the movie. The Last Song, Dear John, Twilight, and a few others that was base on novels disappointed me.

Saifah

bite me x___
@ fun4fun I was very disappointed with those as well. I'm hoping the fallen series isn't a disappointment.
btw Kat, do you have any other books recommendation? I bought 2 books yesterday but that isnt enough. I'm
in process of reading something borrowed and finishing up pretty little liars series.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I keep coming here to check on updates lol and it even says what chapter she's on yet I still come in here?

Saifai now I really want to read the book before I watch the movies. Going to Barnes and Noble later on when I get off school. =)

Saifah

bite me x___
I feel like I spend too much money on books lol when I can just buy myself a kindle and save money
but I don't have money for that right now haha. But fun4fun, you should totally read the books before
the movies. And if you have any books recommendations, don't hesitate to let me know haha. I'm drawing myself
away from vampires for a moment lol. I already read twilight, house of night series, and jessica guide to the dark side.

Katerine

Butterfly123
@Fun4fun hahaha, i'll update either later today or tomorrow depends on how much h/w i got. you should read the book:p its a really good book.
i with on when they make a book into a film its disappointing, i'm not so excited about this being made into a film :/ i already see changes from the book in the trailer. but i'm gonna see how it works out :p and then bitch about it if it bad.

@Saifah, YAY hope you like it ^_^. oh i just downloaded the tv series and ebook of Pretty little liars :p Saifah Download Mobipocket, i have it on my laptop and i use it on my blackberry

on books hmm :scratchchin: it depends what you like i mostly read romance genes and young adult lol.
Sarah Dessen i love her, can't recommend just one book i loved them all haha and waiting for the new one :p
Susane Colasanti Something Like Fate - i read the first chapter before i lost it :( it kindof reminds me of Something borrowed but i'll have to reread to see haha
Robin Kaye her books are good
Susan Elizabeth Phillips her last two books are good
if you wanted something a little naughty (hehe) then read Lora Leigh -All), Maya Banks - The Sweet Series & The Kelly/KGI Series (Didn't like the last one from this series), Lauren Dane (All)
Lisa Kleypas Travis Series and her historical ones
thats all i can think of right now :/

have you got any recomandations? i'm kind of lost intrest atm haha Pretty Little Liars will be the first book i've read in a few weeks :p

Saifah

bite me x___
I'm looking towards young adults/naughty haha I love those type of books.

These are the books that I want/have read.

VAMPIRE KISSES (SERIES) - WANT TO READ
EVERNIGHT (SERIES) - WANT TO READ
BLUE BLOOD (SERIES) - WANT TO READ
NIGHT RUNNER (SERIES) - READ
MORGANVILLE VAMPIRE (SERIES) - READ
INTERTWINED - WANT TO READ
MEMOIRS OF A TEENAGE VAMPIRE - WANT TO READ
THE SILVER KISS - WANT TO READ
UNINVITED - READ
THE VAMPIRE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU - READ
JESSICA'S GUIDE TO THE DARK SIDE - READ
HUSH HUSH - WANT TO READ
SHIVER - WANT TO READ
NEVERMORE - WANT TO READ
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS - IN PROCRESS OF READING
THE FALLEN SERIES - READ 2 OUT 4 BOOKS (STILL WAITING FOR BOOK 3&4 TO BE RELEASED)
LOVERS AND PLAYERS - READ (I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK)
SOMETHING BORROWED - IN PROCESS OF READING
POOR LITTLE BITCH GIRL - WANT TO READ
DEADLY EMBRACES - WANT TO READ
IMMORTAL - READ
ABANDONED - IN PROCESS OF READING.

YOU CAN SEE THAT i READ MORE VAMPIRES AND ANGEL BOOOKS LOL. I WANNA STAY AWAY FROM IT RIGHT NOW AND READ SOMETHING MORE REALISTIC.