Something I Read On Interracial Dating

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
So I was up late again, not sleeping and surfing the web when I came upon this site with a paragraph on the TV Show Batman Beyond.

This WB cartoon series began airing in 1999. Batman Beyond starts when Terry McGinnis, a white high school student, dons the mask under the tutelege of retired original Batman Bruce Wayne. This cartoon series seeks to appeal to children with its high school setting.

Terry's girlfriend is Dana Tan, a slanty-eyed Oriental girl. One must ask, of all the women in the world, why must it be an Asian female chosen to be paired with a white guy? Other types of interracial couples are not represented as much in cartoons. This follows the trend of adult-oriented American media, which popularly feature the Asian-woman-white-man combination. Considering how children identify with their screen heroes, young white boys may get the idea it is cool and hip to have an Asian girlfriend.

While there is nothing wrong with interracial dating in itself, choosing a significant other with race as a determining factor is a dubious way of starting relationships. Racial "ideals" are apparently being promoted to younger audiences.

Link to webpage where I got the paragraph

Also, the site seems to try to be "open" and stuff, but I found some of the material pretty retarded. Anyway, I didn't think there was anything wrong with Batman of the future having an asian gf. Racial "ideals" were NOT being promoted. If anything, it's making race a nonissue. Seriously the writer of that is retarded...

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
<MATURE CONTENT BELOW>
DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE UNDER AGE... THIS NOTE (BUD) IS FOR YOU (MUDDIE)

Muddie... what's up with the gender bashing....

Asian men rule.

And we can get any race we want... black, green, purple...

Let's keep it real... if you are fugly, then of course, the selection is limited, but there's always a fugly of any race that matches you, it's just the time to find them.

Muddie... you make it sound like asian men are inferior to caucasian men... I'm hurt.

Now that's hilarious. Please enlighten me why you think that about the writer. Because unless Mardukis right... that he is retarded... I doubt an asian would address his people as oriental as I have learned oriental is an adjective to describe objects like rugs, but not the people. But what do i know. That's DFEMC territory. peoplehole vs. manhole, womyn vs woman, etc.

You should have a chat with my at the time college Italian roommate... he keeps telling girls his penis is bigger than mine because he's white... oh my gosh... We never compared, but considering he's short... I highly doubt it's true, unless he's totally unproportioned. And while I would kick his ass if the people around us believed him... I hated the fact that I lost if I had to defend his joke, and I lost if I stayed silent cause his ignorant comments were not worthy of a breath.

And to hear Muddie make such a comment.... oh my GAWD! you suck bashing on asian males manhood.

My point... Buddhism is cool but unrecognized cause we're chill like that. Asian men are just as hawt (unrecognized cause again... we're cool like that). And no... I am not talking about me.

There are plenty of caucasian, mexican, and blacks who would love to have an asian man... cause we do at times treat a woman right... you just have to know which guy. ;^P And I can truly stand behind that. :^P

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY GIRLS who have a child. Love thy child and raise them well. As a son, I fight with my mom, but love her too. I make her pull her hair out at times and raise her temperature, but without us... Mom's would have such a boring life. :^P

dfemc

sarNie Adult
response to dyno's comments: okaaaay...
response to darvil's comments: hope keeps u living on :lol:

"nameless" said:
pwhaha so brokeback.
--> truuuuuely

but damn it dyno's got one point straight, SHE'S NOOOOOOOOOOT "ORIENTAL" durty word!

n if ur actually looking for real insights to interracial relationships, read something more damn meaningful, i've given references to decent hapa anthologies before :rolleyes:

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
response to dyno's comments: okaaaay...
response to darvil's comments: hope keeps u living on :lol:

--> truuuuuely

but damn it dyno's got one point straight, SHE'S NOOOOOOOOOOT "ORIENTAL" durty word!

n if ur actually looking for real insights to interracial relationships, read something more damn meaningful, i've given references to decent hapa anthologies before :rolleyes:
Do I look like the type who surfs the internet looking for good articles on interracial relationships? <_< I mean...c'mon!! I was looking up Batman Beyond!!

Great cartoon by the way.