Sony Laptop Problem - Please Help

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I need help on my sony laptop. I used it a few days ago to stream movies on Azn.TV w/a HDMI hook up to my TV. After that the next day my laptop won't start. It freezes at Starting Windows. A few times at start up it did tell me run repair, but it couldn't fix anything. I tried rebooting it to factory settings w/o a disc because I don't have one.Once the restore is complete it tries to restart windows and it does the exact same thing. Can someone please help me.

LOL:)

sarNie Juvenile
How old is the laptop? If you recently purchased it, you may be able to obtain the backup disc at the store you got your laptop at. If not, you should contact Sony customer care and inform them of the situation. They may be able to send you a backup disc or may even require for you to mail in your laptop to be fixed.
What I would do before contacting Sony (if you haven't already done so) is to try turning your laptop on again. Usually, when I have trouble with laptops, I turn it off (press and hold the on/off button) and turn it back on. When it takes me to the start up window (hopefully yours will take you to the start up window), I am given a couple of options: resume with safety mode, without safety mode, etc. I usually choose "startup in normal mode" (or it should say something along those lines). By clicking that, your normal windows desktop shall appear.
Good luck!

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
How old is the laptop? If you recently purchased it, you may be able to obtain the backup disc at the store you got your laptop at. If not, you should contact Sony customer care and inform them of the situation. They may be able to send you a backup disc or may even require for you to mail in your laptop to be fixed.
What I would do before contacting Sony (if you haven't already done so) is to try turning your laptop on again. Usually, when I have trouble with laptops, I turn it off (press and hold the on/off button) and turn it back on. When it takes me to the start up window (hopefully yours will take you to the start up window), I am given a couple of options: resume with safety mode, without safety mode, etc. I usually choose "startup in normal mode" (or it should say something along those lines). By clicking that, your normal windows desktop shall appear.
Good luck!
I got my lap top a year and a half ago and I purchased it from bestbuy. I haven't contacted Sony yet. Yeah I tried turning it on and off multiple times and tried starting it in safe mode, but none of the options work because it will try to start windows up agian and when it gets to that Starting Windows screen it freezes up agian.

LOL:)

sarNie Juvenile
I got my lap top a year and a half ago and I purchased it from bestbuy. I haven't contacted Sony yet. Yeah I tried turning it on and off multiple times and tried starting it in safe mode, but none of the options work because it will try to start windows up agian and when it gets to that Starting Windows screen it freezes up agian.
Hmm...did you try removing the battery pack on the back and replacing it back afterwards? If not, I would try that. If you already done so, then your best bet is to either take the laptop to a local computer repair shop or contact Sony directly. Before contacting Sony though, I would try to see if Best Buy has the backup disk. You might already know but you can even ask the Geek Squad at Best Buy for help. They too, repair laptops as well.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Yup did the battery thing too. Lol I don't want to have to pay to get it repaired. That will defiantly be my last resort though. Thanks for your help though. :)

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
Maybe your laptop has a virus, that's why it won't start.
My computer froze at the starting windows too and when we took it to the computer guy he said there was a virus.
You should take your laptop to a computer technician. (Just my thought)

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Maybe your laptop has a virus, that's why it won't start.
My computer froze at the starting windows too and when we took it to the computer guy he said there was a virus.
You should take your laptop to a computer technician. (Just my thought)
Thanks Candy for the thought, I will probably have to end up doing that at the end.