South Koreans and Plastic Surgery

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Check out some of these lovely quotes from the article.

"By conservative estimates, 50% of South Korean women in their 20s have had some form of cosmetic surgery."

"A woman's magazine recently advised its readers to spend 30% of their incomes on looking good. The reason, you will end up with a better and richer husband and that has to be a sensible investment."

"There is little stigma or shame attached, many of the operations have come to seem routine."

Here's the article if you want to read it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from...ent/4229995.stm

Korean chicks are so hot...especially Hyori. So why can't American women be like this? *sigh*

:lol:

dfemc

sarNie Adult
that's the point of surgery buddy.... if it turns out sucessful.

hhahaha...i wonder what the success rates are? see i would ask why can't more guys consider surgery as an option. there's too many good looking girls and not enuf hot guys in this world. so sad.

puppylov

sarNie Adult
foe some they like being natural. I think eveyone's beauty is unique. It is also invoved with self- confidence. Sometimes r insecure about themselves and surgery is the solution. I'm not saying surgery is bad. If people want it then it's their choice I won't go against it. Surgery is not bad, but for those who want it. There r people who want it, but they think it's against their morals or watever. Most actors have done it and probably 100 % of them. Cus the industy is based on looks too. it's hard to believe that they have done nothing. If u have money then y not. But I prefer natural. I'm one of the few, but I do want to be pretty usind a diff way. I think our beauty is not 100% natural since we use all those make- up and face products. Technically, there's no 100% natural. No wonder those Koreans look pretty well most of them and even their skin, but they use a lot of power/foundation/make- up.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
^agree. and hyori's nose is plastic. if i have enough money i might do my eyes (make 'em bigger TOOHOOHOO), besides my smalls weird eyes, i like my little kid face ahahah. looking young is cool.
Haha, I love your avatar. That's all I want to say.

As for the rest of you. Interesting comments. They're all good. Keep 'em coming. Hopefully we can instill some good debates into the forum...this would balance out threads such as "pics of your food." *cough* Ning-O *cough*.

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
I guess I don't really care care if someone's had plastic surgey. But if they've completely done their whole face that's sad. Maybe they should deal w/ the real reason behind why he/she is going for that surgery 1st before an actual operation is performed.

Anyways w/ South Koreans, my buddy is in Korea right now and he is having such a hard time finding a girl that hasn't had any surgery done to her. :lol:

macli

sarNie Hatchling
I worked with Koreans and almost everyone asked if I've something done on my face, especially my nose bridge despite it being small. Weird. And then I have a Korean friend whose very dear to me talk about how people suggested that she should go and get plastic surgery...I was just like, I like you the way you are.