SS501

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
omg...im surprise nobody start a topic on these cute sexy guys.....they are like the best Korean boys band as of right now....

here are so info....

Kim Hyun Joong- star in BOys before flowers
Heo Young Saeng
Kim Kyu Jong
Park Jung Min
Kim Hyung Joon

iheartchakrit

sarNie Juvenile
WOOT WOOT! Someone finally started a SS501 thread!! YaAaYYY!!!! I LOVE THESE BOYS! Have become a fan of them since watching leader in WGM!! (am also a Big Joongbo fanatic :p ). So of course he's my favorite member, but I really love all the boys and their music!! After discovering them I've turned into a complete (OLD lol) teeny bopper :D and also considering flying to Thailand to watch their concert ahahaha..

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
i really like heo young saeng and kim hyung joong!...they are sooo cute!

BUT sad lately there have been news that YS smoke, i really hope he stop cause his voice is just too good!

iheartchakrit

sarNie Juvenile
Awww no love for SS501?? It's so quiet here. It's true these boys may not be as popular as some of the other groups but I think they have a pretty big following outside of Korea, I also think they appeal more toward an older crowd (like me lol) and not the usual teeny boppers.

Well I just want to scream with excitement as I've just reserved my ticket for the SS501 Persona Hong Kong Concert in December!!! Wheeeeee!! Yea I am THAT crazy over them LOL..I thought it was pretty bad when I flew to Cali to watch them at Hollywood Bowl in May but I guess that's not enough..I need to fly half way across the world to see them LOL

iheartchakrit

sarNie Juvenile
Here are some recent pics along with their profile
Credits: FANS magazine (scans credit on pic itself) + (English translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

Name : KIM HYUN JOONG (Leader)
Nickname : Cow, Dog
Birthdate : 1986. 06. 06
Blood type : B
Height : 180cm
Weight : 68kg
Hobby : Swimming, Soccer, Gym workout, Basketball
Specialty : Piano, Dance, Guitar
Things that he hates : Insects, Birds
Motto : You only live once
Animal that you describe yourself as : Lion
Family members : Grandmother, Father, Mother, Elder Brother, Myself
Idol : Seo Tai Ji (Legendary Rock Singer in Korea)
Part which you are most satisfied of : Eyes
Something that you must do before sleeping : Bathing
Method for relieving stress : Traveling
Things that you bring in your bag : iPod, Contact Lenses, Wallet, Mobile Phone
Thing that you do most seriously : Work
Favorite color : Black
3 wishes :
1. Become a world-class, universal star
2. Gathering fans from all over the world and hold a free concert for them
3. After which, to live a peaceful and happy life

Name : HEO YOUNG SAENG
Nickname : Otter
Birthdate : 1986. 11. 03
Blood type : O
Height : 178cm
Weight : 63kg
Hobby : Online gaming, Basketball, Listening to music
Specialty : Piano
Animal that you describe yourself as : Bear
Motto : Always smile to live your life
Family members : Father, Mother, Myself
Idol : Seo Tai Ji
Part which you are most satisfied of : Shoulders
Habit that you would like to change : Not able to speak well
Things that you bring in your bag : Waller, iPod
Thing that you do most seriously : Singing
3 wishes :
1. Hope to earn lots of money
2. SS501 and my name to be known all over the world
3. Be able to think more carefully

Name : KIM KYU JONG
Nickname : Praying mantis, Gorilla, Prince
Birthdate : 1987. 02. 24
Blood type : A
Height : 181cm
Weight : 65kg
Hobby : Listening to music, Reading, Basketball
Specialty : Magic
Something you fear most : Fear of heights, fear of taking plane
Motto : Challenge with no regrets!
Family members : Father, Mother, Younger sister, Myself
Idol : Rain
Part which you are most satisfied of : Left hand
Something that you must do before sleeping : Brush teeth
Method for relieving stress : Traveling alone
Things that you bring in your bag : Disposable contact lenses
Thing that you do most seriously : Recording, Learning dance
Favorite color : Used to be yellow, like blue these days
3 wishes :
1. Hope that SS501 can expand to all of Asia
2. Music industry in Korea to restore to its good old times
3. Making a movie

Name : PARK JUNG MIN
Nickname : Sexy Charisma
Birthdate : 1987. 04. 03
Weight : 67kg
Hobby : Writing Lyrics, Collecting Things, Taking a Walk
Specialty : Tap dance, Rock climbing
Animal that you describe yourself as : Unicorn (puhahaa…UNICORN?! =_= he’s trying to make a nicer image out of horse. ^^ love the humor)
Motto : Live with a thankfulness mind
Family members : Father, Mother, Elder brother, Sister-in-law, Sister, Nephew, me
Idol : None
Part which you are most satisfied of : Teeth
Habit that you would like to change : Hope to cure sweaty palm
Things that you bring in your bag : Brought all necessity to be brought
Thing that you do most seriously : Considering to compose seriously
3 wishes :
1. SS501 to become artiste known by people all over the world
2. Eternal life living forever
3. Quickly able to see Taiwan fans

Name : KIM HYUNG JUN
Nickname : Turtle
Birthdate : 1987. 08. 03
Weight : 66kg
Hobby : Listening to music, Online gaming, Working out
Specialty : Writing lyrics, composing, singing, dancing, swimming, golf, horse-riding
Favorite animal : Rabbit, Puppy
Motto : Don’t be comfortable with current, work hard to advance further!
Family members : Father, Mother, Younger brother, Myself
Idol : Justin Timberlake
Part which you are most satisfied of : Waist, Lips
Method for relieving stress : Sing to heart’s content, Going to beach, Going for a drive
Things that you bring in your bag : iPod, Album, Training outfit
Thing that you do most seriously : Taking care of family members, singing, dancing
3 wishes :
1. Hope that SS501 can have successful activities in Taiwan and all of Asia in 2009.
2. New album be well-liked by everyone.
3. Everyone be healthy.

Pics from their solo collection album:

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
wow..u are sooo lucky u get to see them.....i love them .......but young saeng is my favorite.....i wish to meet them one day

solin

sarNie Adult
SS501 is my second faorite korean boy group. In fact, I only like Cho Shin Sung and SS501 lol. I love Young Seang 's voice and Kim Hyun Jun because he is so cute. Leader Kim Hyun Joong is also really cute but I found his acting horible in Boys Over Flowers lol. Actually SS501 is the 3rd most popular boy group in Korea after DBSK and Super Junior, and moreover they are pretty popular in other asian coutries.
To be honest, I didn't pay attention to them at first but when my Cho Shin Sung stoped their promotion in Korea I needed another group to replace them lol. I have heard the name of SS501 and was curious. Now I love them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iheartchakrit

sarNie Juvenile
YS use to be my least favorite :ph34r: he appears so shy and quiet it was hard to get to know him..but ever since the whole HK scandal with leader he's been looking so HOT to me lol..although smoking is a bad habit and I definitely don't encourage it..it just showed he also has a bad side to him and not just the innocent prince image he tries to come off as. I definitely agree that his voice is so heavenly..he can definitely out sing the rest.

lol I agree about leader's HORRIBLE acting in BOF! The first time I ever saw him was in BOF and I couldn't stand him lol..hated his orange/yellow hair and also how pale and skinny he looked. It was obvious he couldn't act and it made his scene's look awkward. My friend however was totally in love with him right from the start and began researching more on him..she then discovered We Got Married..and would keep bugging me to watch it..I didn't want to at first since I couldn't care less for him and also the fact that it was a reality show didn't interest me (I only watched drama's) but because BOF was a big let down for me (I just couldn't get into the story) I decided to quit after epi 13 and watched WGM instead..oh man that show completely changed my life! Totally fell in LOVE WITH LEADER! I was surprised by how different he was from his Jihoo character and his 4D personality is HILARIOUS! Joongbo couple is the BEST! IF you haven't watched WGM Joongbo episodes you're totally missing out! (and b/c I love joongbo so much here's the link to watch their episodes Ssangchu Heaven )After seeing the other members appear on the show I got more interested and started watching their MV's and other variety shows like TFWMU, TFRM, Mnet Idol World and a bunch of others...omg they are sooooo freakin FUNNY! I love how they're all unique in their own way..and I love how humble they are..all the boys are funny and just mesh so well together!

solin

sarNie Adult
I have never watched We Got Married because, since I don't understand Korean, I don't like to watch something I can't understand. Plus, I am not a fan of reality shows. But my sister watchs this show and she also find it hilarious. As for leader, I don't know lot about him but I'm sure the real him is more fun lol. I don't know why, but I have never been very curious about him contrary to Young Seang or little Hyun Jun. Moreover, each time I read an article about him, It talks about his health problem which gives me a very fragile image of him lol.

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
i really hate the fact that young saeng smokes......i dont like ppl that smokes but young saeng is just too cute for me to hate.....i really wish young saeng can do some acting too cause he can really act!.....

anywase i didnt know what ss501 is until i watch BOF ....i see ppl keep on writing kim hyung joong and leader of ss501 so i youtube it and start falling for them....i watch almost all the show that they are in.....and i love Leader in "we got married".,....he was really cute in "family outing" too.

eji_hoo

sarNie Egg
Awww no love for SS501?? It's so quiet here. It's true these boys may not be as popular as some of the other groups but I think they have a pretty big following outside of Korea, I also think they appeal more toward an older crowd (like me lol) and not the usual teeny boppers.

Well I just want to scream with excitement as I've just reserved my ticket for the SS501 Persona Hong Kong Concert in December!!! Wheeeeee!! Yea I am THAT crazy over them LOL..I thought it was pretty bad when I flew to Cali to watch them at Hollywood Bowl in May but I guess that's not enough..I need to fly half way across the world to see them LOL

eji_hoo

sarNie Egg

hi iheartchakrit! i will be getting my ss501 persona ticket tomorrow. did you get the free standing or the marked seating ticket? it'll be my first time to watch a concert overseas and i would like to get some guidance if it is better to stand or seat. i also saw no cameras are allowed, is this true?

i hope to see you in hongkong :D

iheartchakrit

sarNie Juvenile

hi iheartchakrit! i will be getting my ss501 persona ticket tomorrow. did you get the free standing or the marked seating ticket? it'll be my first time to watch a concert overseas and i would like to get some guidance if it is better to stand or seat. i also saw no cameras are allowed, is this true?

i hope to see you in hongkong :D
Hi eji_hoo, I got the standing tickets..want to be as close as possible to the boys keke :rolleyes: In terms of standing vs. sitting it's really your preference..in the standing sections you're literally standing the whole 2 plus hours and there's a lot of pushing/ shoving toe stepping and I'm sure it'll be super hot, but to me it's worth it cause you'll have the clearest view of them and who knows maybe you may even get to touch their hand! With sitting the really good part is you can sit when you're tired and everyone has their own space..if you get the good seats I'm sure the view is probably better since you'll be able to see the overall stage rather than certain angles when you're in the standing section. It's also my first oversea concert..I'm not sure about the cameras but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't allow..but of course there are ways to go around that hehe B)

iheartchakrit

sarNie Juvenile
After 1 year and 7 months the boys are FINALLY BACK together with a better than ever Mini Album!!!

SS501 REBIRTH

To listen, click here: Rebirth

LOVE ALL THE SONGS! This is definitely the best I've heard from them so far. It's also a different style than the other k pop songs that are out right now.

If you like the songs, please support the boys and purchase their album:
YESASIA

HJ Leader

YS

KJ

JM

HJ Baby

sunisa

Love SS501!!!!! They arent just pretty boys but their songs and voices are all great!! They can sing.

chouakim

TTFC♥
I absolutely love Double S. They're my everyday obsession. <33
Anyone ever seen them perform live yet? xD