Star Trek

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
aweee I soooo wanna watch this movie!!!

I'm not a Star Trek nerd or anything but gosh, the trailer just caught my attention! :D I hope I can watch this sometime this weekend.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
I'm not a Star Trek junkie or anything either--but I agree~ the trailers look really good so I went out and watched it today. I thought it was pretty good too. I liked that it was very action packed and kept me glued to my seat most of the movie.

It would have been nice (for me anyways) to kind of know a bit more background about the world of Star Trek before the movie (like why the humans lived with Vulcans, other alien types...etc as that wasn't explained too well for newbies. I had to google background info after the movie), but the story itself about Chris Pine & Zachary Quinto's character learning to grow into the Captain Kirk & Spock that Star Trek is known for was very compelling. I liked Chris Pine's story and acting better though. Zachary Quinto's Spock was a bit too wooden for me (even though I know his character is supposed to be emotion-less and all, but still...)
And I liked that it focused more on a younger audience too. I think my dad used to tune into the William Shatner version so the Captain Kirk and Spock characters looked kind of familiar to me, but I was too young to really get into that, so this younger storyline appealed to me alot more. Chris Pine being a bit of eye candy aint bad either. ;)

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I never got into Star Trek either but from the trailer I had to go see it.
My boyfriend wouldn't let me go see it until I saw the old movies first. He made me sit through hours of old Star Trek movies.
I saw it on IMAX and it was that much more awesome.

I *heart* Spock. haha

His make out scene was awkward to watch though. It looked like the she was molesting poor Spock. :lol:

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
love this movie.......super awesome........i have to say, i like Spock's character more than captain kirk...