Stop this please!

dearNaT

sarNie Egg
Read this...
http://www.bangkokpost.com/130608_Realtime...008_real001.php

What is the point? That Thai music is backward and behind Korean one? Why is that Thai press is inclined and addicted to publish this sort of self-defeating articles from time after time? For what benefit?

Wanna know what Korean music is really like? The whole chart is dominated...literally dominated by boy-girl bands and any musical creativity the article talks about is being choked to death from fast diminishing album sales due to Koreans' preference of downloading musical files online illegally than purchasing albums outside. Music companies are no longer interested in investing in coming up with new songs and what happens is that many singers are just singing Korean versions of foreign materials... One good example would be Jewelry's "One More Time" which is originally an Italian song.

I am saying...I just hope the Thai media stop publishing this kind of unhelpful one-sided articles(if you read it carefully it's just how the journalist views the situation...meaning it's more like an opinion piece than a reporting or even a feature article)! Look on the bright side...I mean the Thai chart at least always have some genuine musical talents such as rock bands like Silly Fools and Big Ass occupying top spots. I mean u will not see any rock bands of any kind to be doing the same in Korea!

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
yeah..i see that a lot in thai media articles..they present it in a way in which they tell their opinion..not really stating the actual story

cecilia

Staff member
^totally agree, one always will criticize of the other or flip around and criticize one own.
i think THAI music are good to my ears. At least the ppl i listen to have better meaning lyric than nowaday Korean singer.
the only good lyric songs so far are mostly from Kdrama.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I Love thai moosic! then 2nd is chinese moosic then third is japanese moosic then korean moosic..
honestly korean music is ok but some of the songs need help... like sometimes when they blend rap into very very slow songs... why?
This type of controversy will always happen because sometimes they need the publicity... like for instance this topic (this isn't a offensive comment) well this topic you read the article and got angry about it right? just like the marketers wanted you and other thai music lovers to be .. that way it creates a publicity to sell more thai music.... or to support more thai media ^__^ so sometimes "bad publicity" is actually a marketing scam.

It happens to me a lot....lol like sometimes someone would say .. oh this thing is like that its bad for you... aka "green tea" .... someone was like yah green tea is actually bad for you because it declines your health and it's fattening like the chinese people thats why they always drink and eat it and see how some of them are fat... this person saying it was asian .. I got offended so I was like .... man .. and I wanted to be on the opposite side so what I did was buy some green tea drink and food lmao .. and then I see that person at this store and he is actually selling the product.. my mind he was a hypocrite and then I remember sometimes people push bad publicity to offend certain types of people so that those offended can rise and support their culture and etc.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
It's entertainment news, what'd you expect?
I kinda do have to agree though. I can't understand Korean but talent wise when it has to do with vocals and dancing, the Koreans pretty much have it.
Thais, well, there are a handful of really good, very talented artist and the rest are just holding up their careers with their looks and a lot of studio help. I'm pretty sure there are just as many awful Korean talents out there though.

I like the Taiwanese musicians, great voice, no idea what they're saying but their vidoes are usually very entertaining to watch. ^_^

solin

sarNie Adult
I like listening to korean music because the songs are very catchy but I think thai music has more talents (voice and creativity) than korean artists. Indeed, korean songs usually sucess thank to a catchy music but there is a big lack in lyrics and the successuf singers (mostly groups) are not real good singers : korean industry todays always produce the same kind of music...no variety. Moreover, there is a big promotion in Asia from korean majors !
Personnaly, I prefer thai music so far but thai music world need to focus on promoting better their artists (I mean the real singers) and stop making debuting new singers who can't sing like in korea...I think Korea will soon be saturing of groups for exemple because there are too much on the market and no creativity is born just a competition between the majors !

fun

Expired Sarnie
the newspaper is very opininated by the journalism.

i like all sort of music so i cant say one is better than the other. i think it is just the people who chose to listen to a cretain song/music so it is wrong for them to point finger at the korean entertainment. we cant force people to like a certain type of music including the language same goes to everything else in the world.

skies

sarNie Adult
hmm...in my opinion, i think that one of the reason why korean music and artists are so popular, not just in Thailand but other countries also, is because they have good looking people...and thats one of the reason why i'm changing the way i think about who has true talent and who doesn't...on the other hand, i enjoy thai music more, simply because their artists not only include modern music, but actually kept some of their cultural music and even in several occasions include both cultural and modern music together...i don't remember hearing any korean artist singing cultural music....but then again, it's the 21st century, so the young generation have no interest in cultural music anymore...or maybe i'm just old fashion???

solin

sarNie Adult
hmm...in my opinion, i think that one of the reason why korean music and artists are so popular, not just in Thailand but other countries also, is because they have good looking people...and thats one of the reason why i'm changing the way i think about who has true talent and who doesn't...on the other hand, i enjoy thai music more, simply because their artists not only include modern music, but actually kept some of their cultural music and even in several occasions include both cultural and modern music together...i don't remember hearing any korean artist singing cultural music....but then again, it's the 21st century, so the young generation have no interest in cultural music anymore...or maybe i'm just old fashion???

You are not alone...I also like cultural music !

I don't think Korean artists are so popular because they are good looking...except some of them, the mass is very common.