Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li (2009)

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
:lol: so did i.

kristin would better suit a MK character like kitana or meleena. however you spell their names. :D all they need is a better lookin' liu kang than last time. i was impressed with the scorpion & sub zero characters.

one girl already emailed me to go watch chun li. let me know if the movie is good. :p
yeah I agree.. I think Kristen would be a good Kitana!!! Omg... I miss my video game days... FF, MK, SF, Mario Bro.. !!! Why can't I stay young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
Anyone see this yet? I saw it on opening night with my uncles. The movie takes place mostly in Thailand. I thought it was pretty awesome! The one girl that was speaking Thai in the movie - oh I thought that was so hillarious because my uncles and I did not understand her sometimes especially when there were no English subs!

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
how come they didnt find someone who is fully chinese when chun li is suppose to be all chinese?
kristen is pretty and stuff but she looks more white than chinese...
hmm... oh well...

how come they didnt find someone who is fully chinese when chun li is suppose to be all chinese?
kristen is pretty and stuff but she looks more white than chinese...
hmm... oh well...
yeah. i thought it was interesting that the actress playing the young chun li looks (or is) chinese. and all of a sudden, when chun li is grown up, she looks white. :lol:

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
yeah. i thought it was interesting that the actress playing the young chun li looks (or is) chinese. and all of a sudden, when chun li is grown up, she looks white.
hahaha thats the exact same thing I said. They need to find someone more cordinating.

mia07

Introvert
I didn't see the movie yet, but Kristen is beautiful in Smallville and makes a cute couple
with Tom Welling [Clark Kent AKA Superman]. But, she is half Chinese and half Dutch. :)

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
why does she have blue eyes for chinese person??? did the game chun li had blue eye?

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I'm not sure why the chose Kristin Kreuk but I can't say I was disappointed.
Yes, she doesn't look very Asian but she is, half. With her new short do she does look more Asian though.
Her looks make more sense if you saw the movie because her mom in the movie is Caucasian.

Plus Kreuk is more well known in terms of Asian-American actresses that are young and can speak English (some have mentioned that they wanted another actress, can't remember her name but I know she can barely speak English). Kreuk is also familiar with stunts because of Smallville and she has a background in martial arts, the few movies that she's had leading roles in involved a lot of emotional acting and I think that's why they chose her.

Chun Li's character in the movie went through a lot of emotions.

The movie wasn't bad, it was better than I expected. It wasn't perfect but way better than the first (didn't have the cheese factor of being so much like a video game) because they made it more like a real movie with a deeper storyline. I was slightly disappointed in her acting in this movie though. I've seen her done so much better but there were several moments where I just though the acting was so fake and cheesy.

OMG I cringed every time Moon Bloodgood spoke Thai. I kept thing what the hell??? (she's also mix by the way)

I think she's suppose to be Crimson Viper from the new Street Fighter video game. I think this because in the game when Viper shows up she's on her bike and there's a shot of her boots that pans up. When Bloodgood's character in the movie first makes an appearance it's the same shot. She pulls in with her motorcycle and they camera focuses on her boots and pans up.

I think this movie is more like the new video game because if you pay attention you can see some similarities. Bison's daughter is part of the game too even though she only showed up at the end of the movie.
Chun Li in the new game looks more like Kristin's character, they even made her eyes hazel/green (Kristin's real eye color).

I have no idea why that picture has her with blue eyes or that top because she wore nothing like that in the movie.

kulyia

RUK
well... ithink crystal is too innocent for this role. but im with the blue eyes.-.- haven't watch it yet btw.