Stubbornness Love-Completed (CH25)

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
Rebeccaya said:
Thanks for updating! I can't log onto asianfuse on my desktop or laptop too! I have to use my phone.

I still can't log on into AF using my phone >.<

Thanks for reading! :)

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
Loooooong time that I Updated, guys. I'll try to update constantly ; it's just that nothing inspires me to write at this time. LOL. But enjoy this short scene/chapter! :D

Scene 22

Despite the Wijiwong's gigantic palace Mark was able to find Mint. Mint was hiding in the most unexpected place, an old tree house way behind the back of the mansion, sobbing. Mark shook his head and smiled before making his way to the tree house.

Mark; ( Mark sighed ) Don't you know you caused a big sin? ( interrupting Mint's crying )
Mint; Go away! 
Mark; Khun Ladei, or your mom, just passed out shortly after you ran out. 
Mint; ( Mint suddenly have that feelings of scariness and guiltiness when Mark said that Khun Ladei had passed out, but a part of her don't want to go see because there's something that is bothering her. It may be the fact that she can't accept all this truths now )  Why are you telling me that?
Mark; Look, aren't you happy that your mother is still alive all this time? You guys lived in separate continent for all your life, but both of you guys are alive and fate brought you two to meet each other again. 

Mint was still whimpering, even though Mark had tried to convinced her to stop and go back.

Mint; Leave me alone. You don't make sense. She was the one who abandoned me since a baby. Now I can walk and earned my own living, and she came back to ask for forgiveness? Tssk, it's too late.
Mark; ( Mark sat across from Mint ) We are so different in family business. While I yearned for my dead mother, you don't accept yours. To be honest, I am jealous of you. ( This word finally gets Mint's attention 'cause she looks at Mark right away )
Mint; You're jealous?
Mark; I know that it will be hard to accept someone to be a part of what you called "family" especially if you have never met or heard of them before, completely stranger. Even if you have met them before it will still be hard, but---
Mint; If you're going to talk about that then please leave. ( Mint said, bitterly )
Mark; ( Mark didn't care ) If you can't accept her, at least talk things out with her. I believe you guys need some time to solve all this problem in your family. 
Mint; My family understands each other very much, it's just that woman that is not involved came making my dad hysterical.
Mark; And you're not?

Mint responded with a pout.

Mint; But...... What really happened to your mother?

Mark was silent at Mint's question because he really didn't know what happened to his mother. He grew up with his father telling him that his mother died because of heart problems, but it was all lies. His mother's diaries tells all the truth, but he's also not sure either.

Mark; I don't know.
Mint; Oh.... ( She does not know how to respond to that, but acknowledged it )
Mark; Let's get back. Your family's probably worry about you, spoiled tom.
Mint; Hey! I told you not call me tom!?
Mark; I just did. Come on lets go. This place is too small.

Mint have no choice. Either way she's going to go back anyway. So, she follows him through the darkness. It turns out it was no problem because it was her own palace. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M'aunt; Mint! 
Mint; Pa!
M'aunt; You know you made us worried?
Mint; Sorry..... But is Khun........ Ladei fine?
M'aunt; Khun Ladei's at the hospital right now. Don't worry, it's not your fault.

Mint was not sure about it because now she felt like it was her fault that Khun Ladei fainted. Anything could possibly happen to Khun Ladei, and she don't want to think of the worst possible thing.

Mint; Dad, I need to know what's going on. 

Mint's father sighs and stares at the decorated ceilings as if he don't know where to began.  

M'dad; Well, truth is, Khun Ladei is your real mother. But honey....... It's all my own desire. Your mother and I love each other very much. She love everything about me, but she doesn't like my occupation. She hated the business life, so she went to America after giving birth to you to find her dream. I was very sad and I thought we would never see each other again. I thought she would never come back, but she came suddenly. 
Mint; Was that why you wrote that poem in the garden?
M'dad; Yeah. (Mint's dad went and hugged her. Mint was nearly tearing out )
Mint; What should I do, dad? I don't know how to except all this after the encounters with...... Khun Ladei. ( Mint knows that Khun Ladei is her true momther, but she cannot accept it. Maybe she needs time to think and talk with Khun Ladei alone. No matter what she need to go visit Khun Ladei )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladei; Kai.... The symptoms occurred again, right?
Kai; Krap, P'Ladei.
Ladei; And.... did she came visited?
Kai; No. ( Ladei suddenly felt hopeless ) But..... she's coming soon. I guess.
Ladei; It's OK, Kai. At least you're here, right?
Kai; ( Kai hesitated ) But.... it's her real mother, how can she not show sympathy, or at least empathy.

The door opened and Mint appeared with a colorful bouquet. 

Mint; Sawatdee ka Khun Ladei and Khun Danny.
Ladei; Danny? ( Kai quickly shoved Ladei, so she won't tell the truth ) Oh... ka. 
Kai; Sawatdee krap, Khun Mint. 

Mint shook her head in acknowledgment. She set the bouquet on the table next to the window.

Ladei; Kai, get out for a moment?
Mint; Kai?
Kai; Oh..... close acquaintances calls me Kai, krap.

Kai left the room.

Ladei; Mint... I'm so happy you came.
Mint; Ka.
Ladei; I'm so sorry.
Mint; I already know why I was motherless for eighteen years. 
Ladei; That's not true. ( Khun Ladei quickly defend )
Mint; Mae.... ( Mint hesitated ) Anyways, I'm not ready to accept everything that I had just encounters yesterday evening.... I hoe you understands. I mean, you don't even know everything about me too, right? You don't even know what my favorite color is, my favorite food, my favorite music and my attitude, so I doubt you can't really accept me either.... just because I'm your daughter doesn't mean we need to be together.
Ladei; I get it..... I'm so sorry for coming too late. Now, you're probably very angry at me for not being there when you needed me most. I accept everything, but please forgive me, Mint. 
Mint; I..... I uh... ( Mint sighed ) I for---give you ka, mae.

Khun Ladei burst out in happiness. She's so glad that her only daughter had forgive her. Nothing can make her happier than her daughter's words of forgiveness. She grabbed Mint into her embrace and this time Mint did not move away. Instead she hugs her mother tighter and tighter after each cries of happiness.

Ladei; Am I dreaming?
Mint; Mae.... ( Mint was still not used to the word "mother" ) You're not dreaming ka. It's real.
Ladei; I'm so happy. Mint, I promise I will not leave you anymore. I will always stay by your side forever now.

At the same time Mark was right outside the door and Mint hugging her now cheerful mother. He was happy for her that she forgave her mom. He was of course, a little jealous, but he have to keep strong to make his mom proud of him. Mark turns around and Mint egresses the room. She saw Mark.

Mint; Nee.... What are you doing here?  Or did you follow me!? ( Mint pointed her finger at Mark who turned back )
Mark; I.... ( Well, he did intend to follow Mint here anyway, but he can't let her know ) came to visit a friend and I happened to walk past by Khun Ladei room, then you came out accusing me of stalking you. 
Mint; How do yu know this room is Khun Ladei's room?
Mark; Well... There! ( Mark pointed to the sign that has the information of the patient's and her nurse that wsa post by the door. ) There's the sign with Khun Ladei's name. 

Mint gave Mark a look of suspicion then decided to stop it there. 

Mint; Whatever. 
Mark; You don't belive me?
Mint; I don't, but who cares. I need to go get something for Khun Ladei. She might be hungry now. But hey, don't you see Khun Danny? He was out here, right?
Mark; ( Mark slightly veered a sign of jealousy when Mint say Khun Danny's name ) Why would I want to see someone like him?
Mint; ( Mint narrowed her eyes at Mark ) So, you wanted to see me?
Mark; Tssk. Why would I want to see you too!?
Mint; Mai roo--

Kai; Khun Mint! You're done talking with P'Ladei already!? ( Kai appeared from the bathroom. Mark sighed and turned around with his hands on his waist, looking bored. )
Mint; Ka, Khun Danny.
Kai; Aow! What are you doing here? ( Kai said to Mark )
Mark; Why can't I? Mint is my girlfriend. I told you already.
Mint; Khun.... I'm not your girlfriend. Let's go ka, Khun Danny. Khun Ladei wanted to eat something. Let's go buy it together.
Ka; Krap.

When Kai and Mint's backs were facing Mark, Mint turned around and stuck out her tongue at Mark, who was left alone. Mark looked at them walking together. For some reason he was angry. He knew that Kai's trying to hit up on Mint. But what about him? Was he trying too? No way! He's too good for that tom!

nklue1

sarNie Adult
Thank u so much for updating
Mark has fallin in love with Mint hehe
well thats what i c
cant wait for more

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
nklue1 said:
Thank u so much for updating
Mark has fallin in love with Mint hehe
well thats what i c
cant wait for more

Yeah, I wanted to end this ff fast, so I just rushed it. Well, thanks for reading!

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
I felt like Scene/Chapter 22 was too short, so I added it to make it longer! ^_^ (Sorry for the grammars, not so good at writing)

Scene 22 ADDED

A week has past now that Mint's mom came back to her and her father. The relationship between her parents aren't improving at all. Mint tried her hardest to get close to her mom and went to the temple with her almost all days of the week. Mint has also not see Dome lately due to college period. She hope he's doing fine like he always does. She missed going to charities with him and showing him that she's not a little girl anymore. Everyday was a gifted day, but she had hoped that Mark would stop appearing in her life. She don't know why, but lately he has been showing up in her life. Actually, she do because both their dads are business partners and best friends! So, Mr. Suparat along with Mark would usually come to the Wijiwong's Palace and talk about business related and unrelated subjects when Mark isn't there. So, Mint would always find excuses to go somewhere else when Mark was there.

Mark; Do you hate me that much that you can't even stand staying the same room with me? ( Mark came out of the room that Mint has just come out from a while ago )

Mint sigh and stare at Mark. 

Mint; Nee! You've made me lost my pride as a woman, so do you not expect me to hate you?!
Mark; Ho... So you have woman's instinct too. I thought you were a tom.
Mint; Nee! Watch your word carefully! I have a name too!
Mark; Why? Oh... or are you going to fight me like men do?
Mint; Chai! ( Out of nowhere Mint's fist came flying straight right at Mark's face. It hit Mark and he did nothing about it. What? Why? Mint was confused. He was supposed to stop her, but why didn't he. He let her hit him for free and that's very unlike him )
Mint; Why? ( Mint was surprised by Mark's action ) 
Mark; I don't want to fight with someone like you. It's a waste of my energy. And you're no match for me.
Mint; Tham mai as?! Don't you underestimated me! I went to an athletic school, you know!
Mark; I was a taekwondo master, you know....
Mint; Huh?
Mark; That's why you're no match for me.

Mint was angry that Mark underestimated her, so she strike up another fist, planning to hit him, when she reached him. But she failed.

Mint; AHHHH!!!!! ( Mint screamed to the top of her lungs ) Die you bastard!!!!!!!!!! ( Mint tripped and find herself landed on Mark's chest instead of her fist on Mark's face ) Let me go! ( Mint fight back, but Mark didn't let go ) Move your dirty hands away from me?!
Mark; Shhh..... ( Mark covers Mint's mouth ) Look..... Do you want to be bitten by that snake over there?

Mint look at the direction where the snake was. Mint removed Mark hands from her mouth.

Mint; Dummy, I'm not scare. Plus these snakes in the Wijiwong's Palace are not poisonous. Now will you let go off me? 

Mark was confuse and so he let go off Mint. 

Mint; ( Mint narrowed her eyes at Mark ) It's Mint. That's my name. So for now on, don't ever call me "you tom". Do you hear me?

Mark ignored and just went on walking towards the mansion. Mint follows because Mark was different from whom he usually were everyday. He should have said something back and would not hesitate to fight with me, but why did he also? Something's wrong with Mark, Mint thought. 

Mint; Nee khun! I said call me Mint! My name is Mint, not you tom! Will you call me Mint or not?! ( Mint stopped Mark from walking away by holding his arm ) I said call me Mint!
Mark; Mint.
Mint; ( Was she hearing things wrong? Did he just called her..... ) Arai na?
Mark; You heard, so let go off my arm?
Mint; Is something wrong with you today? You look so.... down...
Mark; It's none of your business. ( Mark walk way, again )
Mint; Hey! Wait! Is it about your father?
Mark; ( Mark stops ) I said it's none of your business!
Mint; Tham mai? As a woman you have took advantage of, you owe me. So, tell me your worries. 
Mark; Why do you care about me?
Mint; Because..... because.... ( She felt guilty for punching him! No! She can't say that! So, she lied ) it's no fun having a rival not playing the game like he was supposed to! How come you didn't fight back when I punched you?! How come you just walked away?!
Mark; Do you want me to?
Mint; Yes! 
Mark; Why?
Mint; That is because...... ( Mint stare at Mark straight in the eyes. Right then she noticed a pair of sad eyes looking back at her. Right then, Mint hesitated. Why did she feel sad for him? )
Mark; You don't need to answer me. ( Then, Mark walked away again. Leaving Mint alone, who was confused about what just happened. For some reason Mint was feeling sad when she stare at him in his eyes. Those pair of eyes looks so...... sad and lonely. )

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
Scene 23  (Sorry, for grammars)

Today, Mint decided not to go to the temple with her mom because she needed the time to study for finals because college finals are coming soon. 

Mint; (Sigh) What a beautiful day! Too bad I can't go to the temple with mom and auntie today. 

Mint was sitting out on the balcony with her school works all over the table. She stare at them and sigh happily. It's almost done! She thought to herself. After she was done she went inside. Perhaps it was quite quiet today. She saw her father sitting at the living room reading newspaper.

Mint; Dad, Mr. Suparat and his..... son is not coming today?
M'dad; No, they have some errand in China they have to take care of.
Mint; No wonder it's so quiet today.
M'dad; Yeah. 
Mint; Dad..... I have a question to ask.
M'dad; What is it that you want to ask me?
Mint; Am I your successor?
M'dad; Huh?
Mint; You know....
M'dad; Honey, you know I won't force you to do something you don't like. If I don't have a trusted person where I can place my company over to, then it is OK. But I won't force my only daughter to do something she don't like.
Mint; Paw.... It's not like that. I would love to, but I'm afraid I will fail you. 
M'dad; Honey, you know you're my greatest treasure. 
Mint; And you're also my greatest treasure, dad. ( Mint hugged her dad tightly, feeling what she would do without him there by her side, but her thought turns to focused on Mark. She have her dad, her aunt, Palee, Dome and her mother there for her, but what about him? He only have Mai and his father, which maybe he won't considered. Was she being too mean towards him all these times? She recalled once he used to wish to go with his ceased mother. And she have also declared being an enemy with him. Now she realized why he was so calm yesterday he approached her. If she can do one thing regarding them being enemy she would choose to make him feel like a boy, exactly like when he was with his mother. )
------------------------------------------------------------

Taew; Come on, Mai, smile please? Stop putting on that pouting face.
Mai; I should have sneak in with them, even if they won't approve.
Taew; You'll get in big trouble then.
Mai; But I really wanted to go! It's all because of college that I can't go to China with my dad and P'Mark. Damn you college!
Taew; Huey, Mai! Calm down girl. People are staring at us! Even if you don't care, but please pity me!? Sorry, my friend is feeling a little off today, so please excuse us. ( Taew said to the people passing by )
Mai; And worst, dad told me to go to that charity in his stead!
Taew; Well, what's wrong?
Mai; You know..... I don't like staying in an environment with nasty and unclean things!
Taew; Peun.... I know how you are, but please they are poor people. Do you expect them to wear clothes from expensive malls like you?!
Mai; Ugh, this month isn't going good. I need to escape it. Taew help me!?
Taew; How?
Mai; Maybe... you can go, pretending to be me?! I'm such a genius!
Taew; Heuy..... I can't. What if your dad found out and kill me?! Plus, I don't even know anything about that charity your company donated to. Nee, listen. If you don't want to fail your dad, then just go do what he said. Perhaps you may get something nice out of it. 
Mai; True... but---
Taew; Nah, come on. If you don't feel good, I'll go with you that day. Promise.
Mai; Dude, there's no difference. You could have just pretended to be me.....
Taew; But you know I can't!
Mai; I'm doom!!!!!
Taew; Yood, Mai! Let's go eat, I'm hungry. Perhaps, it might lightened your gloomy day. ( Taew dragged Mai across to an ice cream shop )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M'dad; Mint get ready, we're gong to welcome Mr.Suparat and his son back to Thailand. You have to go because you're my daughter.

Mint was so happy because she can't wait to see Mark. Even though they're enemy and met each other everyday prior to the China's visit she admitted that she missed having him around arguing with her. Or was it something different? Who knows.....

Mint; Ka, paw. Just let me go get my bag. 
M'dad; Hurry!
Mint; Ka! ( Mint shouted back and sprint up the long curvy stair to her room. Excitedly. )

M'aunt; What's with her?
Mint; Maybe she can't wait to see a certain someone.... I know my daughter too well. ( Mint came and saw them giggling, so she asked them what are they giggling about. But they just kept didn't answer and so she gave up and told them to hurry to the airport )

Mint; Paw, you told me to hurry, but see who's slower.
---------------------------------------

Like always the airport was filled with people doing their own business. Mint and her family went to the waiting area and wait until Mr. Suparat and his son shows up. Ten minutes feels like ten years to Mint. Just waiting patiently is good enough for an impatient person like Mint. Finally, they shows up at the entrance.
Of course it can't be like a heart warming welcoming thing because there's no special relationship between Mint and Mark, but Mark feels delighted to see Mint waiting for him. He suddenly smiled, but take it back when he realized that he may be showing too much emotions. 
Mint, on the other have the same exact feelings Mark had. But because of their stubbornness neither of them dare to show it to each other. To be polite Mint greeted them with a smile. Mr. Suparat patted her head in return and Mark just ignored. Feeling like she had just been bombed Mint was thinking of pouting away, but the thought of her goal, making him feel like when he was with his mom, held her back. She tried to take his luggage to the guard, but he jerked his arm.

Mark; Mai toong. 
Mint; Come on... ( Mint tried again, but failed ) Fine..... I'm being nice anyway....

Mr. Suparat; Oho, buddy, it feels so long since we last met.
M'dad; Right. How was your it?
Mr. Suparat; It was successful thanks to my son.
M'dad; So, you've made a decision?
Mr. Suparat; He refused to be my successor, but what he did was such a good opportunity for our company.
M'dad; Good. The, I should welcomed you back to a meal?
Mr. Suparat; That'd be nice. Mark, put your stuff away at the limo and go to have a meal with Khun Wijiwong and his family.... Mark?

Mark was already walking away to the exit. He was in no mood to have any meal with anyone. He just wanted to go to a place where he relax. 

Mr. Suparat; (Sigh) This son....
M'dad; It's alright. I guess he must be tired.
Mr. Suparat. No..

Mint saw and opened her mouth due to Mark's action. Huey! What and arrogant guy! Disobeying your dad! WTFudge! thought Mint.

Mint; Nee! Stop! Don't worry Mr. Suparat, I'll convince him! ( Mint smiled to Mr. Suparat ran after Mark )

Finally, Mint caught up with Mark.

Mint; Nee, yood!? ( Mark ignored ) I said stop! ( Tired of hearing Mint's voice, so Mark stopped ) It took you forecer just to somprehend the word stop? Gosh, what a jerk.

Mark; Then why are you following me?
Mint; Well, didn't you her your dad? He said to have a meal with us.
Mark; I don't want to.
Mint; Nee, when will you stop disobeying your dad?
Mark; You don't know anything. So, can you please get out of my way. I'm in no mood to listen to anyone. 
Mint; huh?

Mark started walking away further and further, leaving Mint once again with the thought of confusions. She was hoping that this meal with him she will apologized to him and make him feel like when he used to be with his mom. First, she greeted him politely. And second, she even didn't talk with him in a bad manner? What else could it possibly be that is making the atmosphere different when she's around him now? 

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
Didn't proofread.... don't feel like it. LOL. But enjoy! It took me forever to update a chapter! Sorry guys.

Scene 24

It has been days that Mint was planning to soothe Mark but fails every time they met. She hate him for not even saying a single word to her. Double the hate when he ignores the people around. To be honest she prefers when Mark's all smart mouth. But luckily she have a new plan that will be taken place the next three. There will be a yearly party was held in both their dad's company that they shared. She will use that chance to work things out. And then everything will be the same after. Period. 

Mint; What? 
M'aunt; You have to go to with me to measure you a dress for the party coming soon.
Mint; Why? I can wear those simple dresses I have? They're more comfortable!
M'dad; But as my only daughter you have to represents me on that day. 
Mint; Dad!?
M'dad; I don't usually force you to do things for me, but that night will be one of the very few fortunate time for us to upgrade our company. So, I want you to dress up formally. I hope it's not too much?

Mint would do anything to make her dad happy, so there's nothing to defiance against him this time about clothes, especially dresses. She still remember when she have to wear that flowery dress on her father's birthday. She had to go outside every thirty minutes or she would just collapsed. UGH, it was the worst, unbearable and painful time ever. But she guess she will have to go. For any ordinary woman they would be so happy if they were given a dress, but Mint is not that kind of ordinary woman. Indeed, she's still very immature about maturing her looks and style. Anything convenience and simple she'll go with it. But this is not one of those times, so she will have to wear clothes out of her comfort zones for that day.  
--------------------------------------------------------

Taew; Ready?

Mai took a deep breath and said that she was ready. They walked over to the place where the charity was held. Mai held her breath upon seeing people as dirty as socks and smelly as garbage. She hesitated, but thinking about the deal with her dad she went over to greet them with courage and disgust. 
She smiled at them and did as what she was supposed to do. 

Taew; Mai... look. It's that handsome guy from the beach!
Mai; Who?
Taew; Turn around!

Mai turned around and saw a person whom she haven't see in a while and would never want to see again, Dome. 

Mai; What is he doing here?
Taew; Well, remember.... you told me that your dad cooperate with a guy named Dome Pakorn, the kindest guy that funded money to schools in poor districts! And he also happened to be that guy you argued one too many times.
Mai; Noo!!!!!!!!!! It can't be! 
Taew; But it already happened. Just let me deal with it if you don't want to talk to him 'cause I....I... you know how I feel about him!
Mai; Taew! Don't ever fall for my enemy again!
Taew; What?
Mai; Follow me.....
Taew; Where? I want to greet him!
Mai; Shush.

Mai dragged Taew to the flowery door that led to the charity.

Taew; Arai Mai?
Mai; Ok, so you go in there by yourself. I'm going home, but don't worry I'll come back to pick you up after.
Mai tried to walk away, but Taew held onto Mai's dress.
Taew; Mai, you got me into this, so you can't go anywhere until it's over. Plus do you still want to go to China?
Mai; I do, but there's got to be another way.
Taew; There is no other way. Remember your dad has all your money. If you make one sneaky move then don't come to me for help.
Mai thought about it over and Taew was right. There's no way she can go out of country without finishing the charity. Was it that important? Mai questioned herself. They went back into the charity.
-------------------------------------------------------

Mint; Are we done yet, auntie?
M'aunt; We still need a color for the dress. Why are you so impatient?
Mint; Its nothing. Ok, I'll wait.
M'aunt; What color do you like?
Mint; Anything.
M'aunt; Ok. I love it when I make the choice for you on dresses.
------------------------------

It was a long and dreadful day for Mai, but she did it. Mai and Taew make their way to the truck that they put all the charity stuff in. They went to check to see if there's anything left. 

Mai; Good. Everything's all give away. 

Mai and Taew highfive each other to celebrate that they have accomplished it. Mai pulled down the big bronze door to close it. 

Mai; Pee, please drive this to the company na. Thank you.  
Pee; Krap.

Mai and Taew went to their own car. When Mai was opening her car a kid ran very fast and took her purse. 

Mai; Huey! You! 

Mai ran after the kid, followed by Taew.

Taew; Mai!

It was hard running with high heels. Mai tripped about two times and it hurts! The third time she tripped she found herself in someone's chest. Mai looked up and saw that that person was Dome. 

Mai; Nee! Can't you see?! Ow.. it hurts. 

Mai got up fiercely. 

Dome; Khun, it was you who was not looking. Clearly you have intended that.
Mai; I have no time to argue with you, so move!
Dome; Arai?
Mai; A naughty kid just stole my purse! Move before I lost him!

Dome moved out of the way and then Mai sprint again towards the direction she last saw the boy.

Dome; Khun?!

Dome followed Mai, followed by Taew.

Mai came to a stop as she don't know where the boy headed next. She searched around the area and ask the people nearby if they have seen a boy about this and that height and wearing this and that clothes color. Luckily, someone saw and told her that he saw the boy ran downward the main street. Mai thanked him and move on. 
The place was very dirty and full of beggars. They extended their hands towards Mai as if she was a God coming to help them. But they were wrong because Mai just wanted to get out of this unclean environment as soon as possible. She came across a rundown hut near the corner of the curb, and that's when she noticed the came color shirt and pants of the boy she was chasing. She went in there, holding her breath. 

Mai; Hey, you? Give me back my purse right now, or else I'll call the police.

The boy turned around. His face was dark with dirt. His lips was very chapped and his face shows terrifies. But Mai won't pity him because to Mai he's a thief. Mai went closer to him.

TheBoy; Hey.... Pee is back na with medicines and food here already. Just bear with it for a bit. 

Who's he talking to? Mai questioned. 

Mai; Nee, you thief. Wheres my purse?!

Mai was losing patience, so she raised her voice. But the boy just ignored her. Until Mai was really losing her patience she grabbed the boy by the shoulder and swung him up. The boy groaned in pain. Then, Mai saw something that just dropped her heart instantly. It was a human figure, so pale and dead, but it's still breathing faintly with eyes closed. It was a little boy, probably about five year olds. 

TheBoy; Pee, Pee. Please let me go? Please help pity me. 

Lost in thoughts, Mai suddenly have this feeling of selfishness and greed that she have never had before. Then, the little boy, whom Mai assumed its the boy that stole her purse little brother, starts having a hard time breathing. Then boy yanked himself free and jot down next to his brother on the raggedy bamboo bed. 

TheBoy; Nong Sen! Nong Sen! You'll be okay! Eat this medicine it will help you. 

The boy forced the medicine and water into his brother's mouth. By now the boy was crying with scariness. Mai stood there watching the heart thumping scene. 

The boy held onto his brother. A while later the scene was dead silent. Mai can hear the boy yelled with anguish. She looked down and saw that the little boy wasn't making any movement. It was that that struck Mai's heart with guiltiness. 

TheBoy; Nong Sen! Nong Sen! Mai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mai can feel herself tearing up badly. Mai slowly walk, like a baby who was just taking its first step, towards the boy. But she saw Dome patting the boy's back, so she stopped. 

Dome; Nong, sia dai na. You did excellent as a brother. He's in a better place now. 

The boy just kept crying and crying until he realized that there are two person that witnessed his little brother's death, stdaing behind him. He was that sad that he hadn't realized Mai and Dome at first. 

Dome; Everything will be okay na nong.
TheBoy; Nong Sen.... Pee kor thor na. Pee kor thor....... 

The boy continues to whimper. Taew entered the scene and saw Mai tearing up silently. She went over to her and hugged her with sympathy for the boy. 

Mai; Taew..... (Mai stumbled to say)
Taew; Mai..... everything's alright. this is normal for the poor.
Mai; But Taew...... I caused it....
Dome; Khun Taew, take Mai back. She's probably very shocked to see this. I'll take care of the boy here. 
Taew; Ka, Khun Dome. 

Taew took Mai back to their car and drove her home. As for Dome he did what he have to do as a person who help the poor.
-------------------------------------------------------------

It was finally the party and Mint wanted to escape so badly, she'd rather go to hundreds and thousands of charity rather than going to any party. 

M'aunt; Done! 
Mint; Finally, because my butt hurts from sitting here for hours auntie. 
M'aunt; Lor? 
Mint; Ka.
M'aunt; But just look at my beautiful artwork! You've turned into a gorgeous lady!

Mint looked at herself in the mirror and it was soooo true that she look like a lady because she can't even tell that the reflection in the mirror is her. Her hair was neatly done and her make-up nicely put on, not too much and not too little, but perfect for a party, she assumed. 

Mint; Now, can we go yet or not?
M'aunt; Don't be so hasty Mint. 
Mint' Aow? What's left?
M'aunt; Ta-da! Here, a perfect high heels that goes well with your dress.
Mint; High heels too? No, too much, auntie! 
M'aunt; Come on... it's not too much. Shoes are the most important thing for a lady.
Mint; But I'm not a lady yet. 
M'aunt; You're nineteen year olds, Mint!
Mint; But am I really like a nineteen year olds?
M'aunt; Well, then start be like one.

Mint plot back into the chair again, angry that she can't convince her auntie about not wearing high heels, since the dress and make-up are already enough. 

Mint; Ka.....

Mint forced her feet into the shiny green heels. Her aunt smiled with pleasures.
M'aunt; Try walking back and forth.
Mint; Arai na?
M'aunt; You need some practice. This is no ordinary tennis shoes you're wearing.

Mint got up from the chair and stand to a stable position. She walked to the other side of the room and thought it's not hard at all.

Mint; I got this... a skilled person like me won't let something so tiny eat me up.

Mint's aunt laugh.

M'aunt; It's good that you're confident. I'm just worried for you that you will sprained your ankle tonight.

M'aunt; Let me help you get to the car, honey.
Mint; I can do it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mint looked out the window of the limo and noticed that the design has changed. Since, this party is annually it's good that the designs are different.The limo stopped and Mint stepped outside. It was so beautiful. The lights were everywhere and the place was just so chilling, especially with the starry night sky. Mint had never felt like this before during the past parties because it was usually held inside, but this time it was outside. 

M'aunt; Mint, quickly! 

Mint's family is already inside the party, while Mint is still outside, admiring the beautiful place. Once she noticed she hurry after them. But there was a problem.... truth is she cannot run with heels on, so she tripped and fall. 

Mint; No!!!! 

Mint closed her eyes in sudden fear. When she opened her eyes she found herself not on the cold cement, but someone's arm. It felt so familiar to.......

Mint; Mark!!!!
Mark; If you're not good at wearing heels, don't force yourself. See, you're making me late. 

Mint pushed herself out of Mark's arm. She swear she can feel herself blushing badly. And she have never felt like this before.

Mint; Thank.... thank you. ( Mint said, not making eye contact with him )

Mark sigh and left to the party. Mint frowned at Mark who didn't say anything back. She can feel the pressure that is making her goal more complicated. Mint also sigh and followed Mark to the party.

Continue in the next couple of days....... :)

ImQueen

sarNie Adult

Scene 25

Dome saw Mai drinking a cup of juice, standing alone and trying to enjoy the party. He knew that she still has not recovered from the tragedy and shocking event. He went over to her. 

Dome; Hey....

Mai didn't respond him back, but ignored him instead.

Dome; Okay.... Everything's gonna be alright.
Mai; No. You don't understand, everything's not.
Dome; I don't get you.... First you hated them so much, but now you....
Mai; Stop! I know, but people change.
Dome; So... you agreed to go with me on tomorrow's donation in El Salvador?
Mai; If that's one of the way that can help them.... I'm so ready.

Dome smiled at Mai's decision. He was glad that she was able to change her ways of thinking. 

Dome; You're beautiful this evening. 
Mai; What?

Before Mai knows Dome is already halfway to Mint.

Mai; I....... Ugh, no! Mai, it's not possible, not possible. (She was talking to herself)

Ever since that poor little boy's death, she started missing her mother. She grew up with a lot of love, but never with a mother's love. She cried silently inside, wishing her mother's here with her. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the whole party Mint stares at Mark every actions and try to comprehend him. She wonder why she has never discover how beautiful Mark is.

Mint; What?! Wait, Mint you're supposed to be plotting plans, not looking at his beauty! Concentrate. 

M'dad; May I have your attention everyone?! Thank you so much for coming this year! We had accomplished this year goal with the help from my buddy, Mr. Suparat and his son, Mark! Please give them a hand of applause! 

Everyone clapped with sincerity. 

M'dad; Now, to open the dance floor I would like for my daughter, Mint, and the young man, Mark, to come and dance a song for us!

Mint&Mark; What? (They whispered with shock)

They looked at each other with confusion from afar. Mint knew Mark didn't want to, but it would be a good opportunity for her to finish her plan. 

Mr.Suparat; Mark, show some respect. Go to her. It would be inappropriate to let her come to you. 
MarkGrandma; She's quite a lady. Look at how beautiful she is.
Mark; Grandma, you didn't see her as much as I did.

With force, Mark made his way to Mint and offered his hand to hers. Mint accepted. 

Mark; Do you know how to dance?
Mint; Of course I do. What do you think? (Mint knew Mark would pick on her dancing, so she gave the time to ask her aunt to teach her dance. Her aunt's response made her so embarrassed, but she didn't care)
Mark; I think that a tom like you only know how to stalk people.....
Mint; (Did he saw her? She thought. She try to look cool) Why would I?
Mark; Because I'm handsome.

Before Mint could say anything Mark told her to shush because they're on the dance floor already. Mint stopped and prepared herself. He would be surprise at her dance, definitely!

Together they elegantly shined the dance floor.

Mint; What?! Are you out of your mind? (Mint whispered, continuing where they left off)
Mark; You were staring at me the whole time. Do you know it's annoying?
Mint; I did not!
Mark; It's so obvious.

Mint turned her face away, embarrassed that she had been found out. When she look back up she could see that Mark's face looks so lonely and sad, especially his eyes. They're still there... since the day he got back from China... perhaps it has been there all this time, just that she didn't pay much attention. 

Mint; By chance, did you found out what happened to your mother....?
Mark; Why do you want to know?
Mint; Because you were there for me when I found out about my real mother.
Mark; Some things are better to be left alone. 
Mint; Will you tell me please? (Mint asked, glaring straight at his shimmering yet dejected eyes. He looked right into her eyes too because her question was so genuine. It was like everything's in slow motion for he can feel that she really care for him)
Mark; Now's not the time.
Mint; When's the time?

Mint grew fierce because Mark just ignored her. Angry, Mint turned away from his face and  just pay attention to the dance and classy music. 

The music stopped and they bowed to each other, though they didn't really want to at all.

When she got back to her aunt she saw her mother. She ran to hug her. They talked for a second until Mark's grandma shows up.

(M'grandma is Mark's grandma)

M'aunt; Sawatdee ka, Khun Chuan. 
M'grandma; Sawatdee ka, Khun Manee. How are you?
M'aunt; Oh, I'm doing well. And you?
M'grandma; The same. Is this the niece that you talked to me about?
M'aunt; Yeah, it's her. Mint, say hello to Khun Chuan.

Mint smiled and say hello. 

M'aunt; And this here, is my sister-in-law. She just got back from America.
M'grandma; Nice to meet you.
Lidia; Nice to meet you too.

Mint feel the need to use the restroom, so she excused herself.
It suck that the restroom was inside the company, and what sucks more was that she almost trip over and hit the light pole in front of her from wearing the high heels. Then she remembers what Mark said, " If you're not good at wearing heels, don't force yourself.'' So, she took off her heels.,, besides, she's not inside the party anymore.

Upon making her way to the restroom she saw Mark halfway down the sidewalk, leaning against a tree with sparkling Christmas lights.
She wonder why he's there. But it may be a good time for him to answer her question.

Mint; Now, will you please tell me? We're alone.
Mark; Why do you always follow me? (Mark try to get away, but Mint held onto his arm) What do you want?
Mint; Tell me the truth. Why do you ignored me all the time?

As stubborn as Mark is, he took Mint hands off his arm and walk away.... again.

Mint; Enough! 

Mint ran to him and suddenly hug him. She didn't know why she hugged him, but she had to. 
Mark; What are you doing?
Mint; Please don't let your past haunt you anymore. I know about your mother already. Mai told me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dome; Will you dance with me?
Mai; Sure..... but it'd be weird.
Dome; Please let the past go and accept my dance?
Mai; Okay.

Dome took Mai to the dance floor. I feels weird to Mai because whenever they meet there would only be arguments and avoiding each other. Now, they're dancing together? But it's okay.... it's not that bad... she guessed. Maybe they're on a new beginning......?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mint; Please speak to me. (Mint could feel her tears piling up in her eyes)
Mark; If you know already, then why need me to repeat it?
Mint; I just want you to say that you don't hate me.... or do you?
Mark; What?
Mint; Ever since, you got back from China you looked lonely and sad and you stopped arguing with me. Do you know how boring it was? So, I thought I could make you happy again, like how your mother would. But no matter how hard I tried, you always rejected me and walked away..... perhaps you're never happy!
Mark; So that's what you've been up to.
Mint; What?
Mark; To tell you the truth, I was never sad about my mother be-----
Mint; What? I thought----
Mark; No listen to me. I was sad and angry at my father for lying to me about my mother, but I learned about my mother's death when I was working in China with my father. He told me the truth already. 
Mint; Then why were you still disregarding your father? At the airport you didn't listen to him?
Mark; It takes time to heal the past and acknowledge the present, you know.
Mint; Then why didn't you tell me, so I won't have to always follow you?! I feel like a fool now. And do you know what happens when someone made me feel like a fool?
Mark; What?

Before Mark noticed Mint throws him a big punch and kicked him. 

Mark; Nee khun!
Mint; I feel much better.

Mint fiercely walk away .

Mark; Nee khun!
Mint; Don't bother me! Go away!
Mark; I thought wanted to make me happy, but all you did is punch and kick me?!
Mint; You deserve that!

Mark limped towards Mint and hugged her. Mint froze in place. 

Mint; Get off me! No? Alright, let's see who's stronger.

Mint prepared to punch Mark again, but she suddenly feels someone's breath inside of her. Mark had kissed her without her knowing. She wanted to punch him so bad, but the other side of her wanted him to kiss her forever. He had kissed her two times in the past already, but they were only by anger and was not genuine.... But this kiss is different. It was sweet and warming and genuine. It was like he meant it. He removed his lips away from hers.

Mark; I never hated you.

Mint could feel herself smiling big. She dropped her heels, held onto his face, and kissed him back as a respond. He must have been happy because this is the first time that he got kissed by her.... at least Mint hope so. 

Mark; You're good at kissing you tom. (He whispered in her mouth)
Mint; Because you taught me, you ill-mannered guy. (She responded back)
Mark; Do you love me?
Mint; I don't. Do you?
Mark. Neither do I. 
Mint; I know who knows the answer.

Mark smirked 'cause he know the answer as well.

Mint; My heart knows.
Mark; Because I told your heart that.
Mint; I did.
Mark; No, I did.
Mint; Me....

Together under the glittering Christmas lights, they teased and kissed each other. Their love is full of arguments, but will never grow without stubbornness. 

*Hey this is the last scene/chapter so thank you so, so so much for reading everyone. I hope you enjoy it even if it lack some things, or it didn't end like you wanted it to. But yeh, I finally finished it!!!!! Again, thank you for reading :D You guys are my encouragement*

nklue1

sarNie Adult
Thank u so much ImQueen
It was a beautiful ending
Thank u so much for writing this ff
I loved it

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
ip.smilez said:
Yahoooooo new updates heheeh I'll read this by tonight yahooo heheh

LOL. Thanks.
@ip.smilez, I'm still waiting for Kaew Tah Pee (If you're still thinking about continuing.... which I really hope you do, but no pressure man) and Roomies!