Suggestions for Sarnworld

nongalicia

sarNie Hatchling
Hi,

I am not sure if this post belongs in this topic area or not. Admin, feel free to move it to the correct forum.

Anyway, first off, I would like to say that I LOVE sarnworld. I love leaving and reading comments from other sarnworld members.

Secondly, Thank you for creating sarnworld for us fans who can not read Thai. It keeps us updated on the latest Daras and lakorns news :thumbsup:

Anywho,
I am looking through sarnworld site and just thought it would be nice if Sarnworld is a one place stop for everything. What I mean is, us fans can find the latest Dara and Lakorn news (translated from popular sites such as Pantip or Kapook.com), forums on myraid of topics, contest and giveaways, etc.

I do realize that Sarnworld already provide a lot of the stuff I've mentioned but the format in order to search for these topics are a bit difficult to find. Such as, I have to go to specific forum to read about certain news.

It would be nice if pictures and translated articles were posted on the main page. Maybe have all the updated news on the front page. Something like that.

This way, members can read all news or have the chance to skim the latest news, if they want.

Advertise facebook on Sarnworld. I just found out today Sarnworld has facebook. I never knew Sarnworld had one if I didn't search it up myself.

Maybe one day Sarnworld could represent us international residents who love Thai lakorn :thumbsup:

And have the Thai entertainment industry read our opinion and advices just like how they read comments on Pantip :dance1:
It would be nice.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Thanks for the suggestions. Don't forget, we're changing to a new domain in a week or so.

I do agree with what you say. I am interested in doing a news site.. the problem is I don't have connection to people here who will be interested in helping me out. Not yet anyway.. but it something I would like to do. I'd put it in a subdomain like "news.asianfuse.net" I guess we'll see what happens.

I do have some big plans for the site but it'll take sometime to make it happen and I'll need more help.

I started a wiki site 2 years ago (wiki.sarnworld.com) that has now been doing well with members' help.

It motivates me to do more. ;)

nongalicia

sarNie Hatchling
you're welcome. :lol:

LoL, this might sound like a dumb question, but what do you mean "we're changing domain in a week or so"? Do you mean the name or like .com, .org,. net, etc?

You have been doing a great job with Sarnworld. So I am sure once you start on your big plan, it will be twice as good. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

I wish I could help you but I have no experience creating a website. :no:

I've never seen wiki.sarnworld. I'll check it out.

Anywho, I did come across another Asian site/forum that is similar to what I am talking about. Except it is mostly geared toward Korean ppl.

If you want, I can PM you the website (don't want to post it here.. just in case I am not allowed to link to other sites).

Good luck!

Let me know if I could be of any help. I'll be glad to help!

darvil

sarNie Adult
Yes we're changing domain name..

If you read the global message we've just got done voting for the new domain logo (http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/topic/47501-final-logo-vote/)

#3 won.

So yes the domain switch will probably happen next week.

Also you can post the site here.. soompi.com ? There are many sites out there ;) We're expanding out the Asian way too.. except we know that at the core we're Thai fans.

Just be around and be active.. thats all I can ask for ;)

nongalicia

sarNie Hatchling
Hi Darvil,

Yes, the forum I am talking about is soompi. Do you use it too? Or how did you come across it?

Hahah, yeah. I have been looking for a Thai forum too. I don't follow any other Countries news.. except for Thailand.
This is why I want Sarnworld to be a one place stop for all my information, lol. :thumbsup:
So far, sarnworld has been great!

cecilia

Staff member
^i think if you want the most up to date information .. sarnworld is good for that .. if you want individual celebrity news, you will have to join other forum to get those individual news
Alot of time, fans prefer having individual forum, dedicate to that particular celebrity that way they can have more functionality to do things around to their liking.
If all information are post on a individual thread here, it require lots of pages, flipping through (which we have issues with that's why the whole idea of organizing the first post is a good idea) however, it require the 1st poster to keep up with the thread or a moderator has to do it .. I believe Soompi also do the same thing as well .. however, you can't really blame the first poster either when he/she brings in the news -- it's not her job to keep up with the task when she's not suppose to do it or lost touch of that feeling for that kind of celebrity.. I think it's more of a moderator job to keep up with what's brought in here but again, we lack that part in here with moderators (there are only a few who like to do this kind of things and there are few who prefer a different idea)

As for soompi, although they do things cool in there but the forum become too strict, it seems to lost touch of what it was in the first place (i mean, from a K-ADDICT fan like me). I feel SARNWORLD is great in how it is atm. The only concern i have is that we're not as organize and strict as they are with their rules so this could be why we're disorganize in thread/topics. i suppose if we want to be expand in a better way or lean toward something like this, the staff in here needs to be firm about their warning, which can lead to hate or dislike of the forum or better yet, make the member feel so uncomfortable that they'll kick themselves out of the forum (which, i have done to some active sites/forums b/c of their restrict and disrespectful rule) ..

Anyway, i think having the mod change here and there for the members isn't too much to do either but .. there's a clause ... .

Darv, should we make a topic similar to this in the office section to have staff inputs? suggestion?

darvil

sarNie Adult
I'm not sure how strict we can be.. but you know the community wiki, that can be used for this kind of discourse.

Don't worry about the mod thread yet.. I will make one later on.

We need to recruit some new blood too. Need some strategies on this.