[Taiwan] Murphy's Law of Love 莫非, 這就是愛情 (SETTV)

fun

Expired Sarnie
Replaced Aim High

Despite the first 20 minute of the first episode, it's very ke ai, in Thai, naruk. 

A lot better than Aim High. 

Title: 莫非,這就是愛情 / Mo Fei, Zhe Jiu Shi Ai Qing
English title: Murphy's Law of Love
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 19
Broadcast network: SETTV
Broadcast period: 2015-Mar-20 to 2015-Jul-24
Air time: Friday 22:00
Opening theme song: Fly with Me by Landy Wen
Ending theme song: Xiang Shuo (想說)I Wanted to Say by GJ 蔣卓嘉

Plot summary
Guan Xiao-tong has been dealing with Murphy's Law from the moment she was conceived. Just as she was starting to imagine a future with her boyfriend he dumps her and marries someone he doesn't love but is wealthy. That same night at the same place Ji Jia-wei gets rejected when he proposes marriage to his celebrity girlfriend He Zhi-yu, who cares more about her career than him. Heartbroken, Jia-wei gives the engagement ring to a drunk Xiao-tong. A year later Xiao-tong and Jia-wei meet again in the most unpleasant circumstances and become instant enemies when his umbrella accidentally splashes puddle water on her. 

Cast
Danson Tang as Ji Jia Wei 紀家尉
Li Jia Ying as Guan Xiao Tong 關曉彤
He Jie Rou (何潔柔) as Childhood Guan Xiao Tong 關曉彤
Chen Shi Ying as Teenage Guao Xiao Tong
Jolin Chien as Xiang Zi Yan 向子諺
Wang Si Ping (王思平) as He Zhi Yu 何芝羽
Zhao Zhi Jie (趙又潔) as Childhood He Zhi Yu 何芝羽

fun

Expired Sarnie
I can't stop cheesing!!! But I fear that once they confess their feeling, his ex will return. I need them to fall hard to believe that he will have conflicting feelings later. Oh my feel!!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Very "Ke ai?"  Oh oh... interesting.  I trust your words :p

Will be giving this one a shot after I finish Boss&Me.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I heard a lot of rave about Boss and Me. 

Anyway where can I find these Taiwanese men!!! They sure know how to make a girl swoon. If only drama men exist in real life! 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Too cute! Omg!!! How am I suppose to survive the heartache part that will be coming up.

Xiao Tong is my fav female lead ever. She doesn't get overly jealous and is very understanding.

This isnt a great plot but the otp makes up for it. They have violated every drama cliche in a romcom lol

It would have worked out for me if Jia Wei fell in love sooner. It's hard to accept that he has moved on from a serious 4 year relationship.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
*coughcough* I started on this one even though I', almost done with Boss & Me.  Oh... this drama is freaken "ke ai" indeed!  I love the pair.  It's been awhile since I last watched a Danson drama.  I'm happy Jolin? is in here too.  They're great eye candies, Danson's workers too hahaha. 

I'm only 4 eps in but.. ooo... I'm definitely enjoying it!

Reactions: fun

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Oh my gosh. I'm actually enjoying this drama so far and I'm only on the first episode! lol Danson didn't look that handsome at first, but after like 30 minutes into the episode I couldn't stop smiling to myself every time he appears onscreen. lol He gets cuter looking the more you see and look at him. Ivelyn isn't really your typical pretty nang'ake but I think she's pretty cute. She reminds me of the main girl from The Duff for some reason. lol I like the height difference between Danson and Ivelyn. It's just too cute. This is my first drama of them both too. They're doing well so far. :D Now, off to continue watching the rest of episode 1. lol 

fun

Expired Sarnie
aikoden said:
*coughcough* I started on this one even though I', almost done with Boss & Me.  Oh... this drama is freaken "ke ai" indeed!  I love the pair.  It's been awhile since I last watched a Danson drama.  I'm happy Jolin? is in here too.  They're great eye candies, Danson's workers too hahaha. 

I'm only 4 eps in but.. ooo... I'm definitely enjoying it!
I think I like the OTP more than the story itself lol They are just so freaking cute together.

roselovesice said:
Oh my gosh. I'm actually enjoying this drama so far and I'm only on the first episode! lol Danson didn't look that handsome at first, but after like 30 minutes into the episode I couldn't stop smiling to myself every time he appears onscreen. lol He gets cuter looking the more you see and look at him. Ivelyn isn't really your typical pretty nang'ake but I think she's pretty cute. She reminds me of the main girl from The Duff for some reason. lol I like the height difference between Danson and Ivelyn. It's just too cute. This is my first drama of them both too. They're doing well so far. :D Now, off to continue watching the rest of episode 1. lol 
I don't find Danson dashing either but the things he does in here is so swoon worthy that I have a complete change of heart. I actually watched this for Ivelyn because she caught my attention when I saw the teaser. The height difference is a major plus for me, I am a total sucker when the lead guy is so much taller than the lead girl. 

The plot is still slow and Xiao Tong is getting less screen time. I just hope that Jia Wei will not waver when he finds out about his ex. Episode 11 is out today but the sub is not yet complete. The subbers are actually quite fast. Haven't seen a Taiwanese drama get sub so quickly after being released. Even the popular Just You wasn't as fast.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I think the thing with Danson is that he tends to be overshadowed by other good looking actors in some of his dramas or he just gets horrible hairstyles.... but he looks really good/great here.  I really enjoy his character in here so far though <3<3<3

And yes, I love the height difference!  I love it when OTPs have height difference, they just look even better or adorable.  I guess because I like seeing the p'ek hovering over the n'ek or the n'ek tiptoeing to reach p'ek.

I also loved seeing the little clips of Fated to Love you and Pleasantly Surprised in the show hahaha.  And goodness, I love the dog!! It's a shiba-inu!!! I was so happy to see it in here.. one of my dream dogs :p

roselovesice

Just finished watching episode 10 and I can't stop fangiring over how cute Ji Jia Wei is. Well, Danson is doing very well. I'm falling in love with him because of how cute his character is. Hahha. Like he's such a cute boyfriend! I hope that Jia Wei and Xiao Tong will remain strong throughout the next 9 episodes. I really like how hard they're trying to be honest with each other and trust one another even though they just started dating. I hope that Jia Wei will not waver over his ex later in the drama just like Aaron's character in Just You. Well, he was just a bit wavered by his ex but he knew what he wanted in some sense. lol Danson looks like a mixture of Mike Pirath, Aaran Yan and Han Ji Won. LOL Anyways, Danson looks good in every outfit he's worn so far in the drama. I love my man in suits, and so with Danson wearing suits 99% of the time just earned him 20+ brownies. lol 

And I was wrong. I've seen Danson before. I just didn't know that was his name. lol He just looks so different now. He's gotten so much better looking, and his acting as Ji Jia Wei is totally on point. lol I remember thinking he was cute in Hana Kimi. Hahha. He was such a nerd and somewhat of a meanie in there. lol 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I finished episode 11 and I also love their relationship. I wonder what happened to the chef lol he just disappeared. I thought he was second lead but I feel like Xiao Tong's ex is the second lead lol I hope he and the Cef returns to fight for Xiao Tong and gives Jia Wei a run for his money since two guys are after his girl LOL

roselovesice

Haha Poor Jia Wei in the next episode. Hopefully Xiao Tong's parents would like him anyways. The boy was just nervous. Give him a break. lol Jia Wei and Xiao Tong are just tooooooo cute. I seriously adore their relationship. I love it when he hugs her from behind. Their height difference is just too squeal worthy! I love it when he smiles too! He's totally smitten by her! Hehe! It's funny when he tries to beat around the bush with her but she already knows what he's thinking and up to and so she'll call him out for it. lol It's cute how he would secretly smile to the side or behind her back when she says she misses him and all these other cute stuff. Haha. He's too funny. Oh! And when he gets jealous.! Too funny of a guy. Hehhe. I seriously hope that when Jia Wei finds out the truth why Zhi Yu left, he doesn't start to pity her and spend more time with her instead of with Xiao Tong. I don't think I can handle seeing Xiao Tong heartbroken and all. Please don't fail me Jia Wei!!!
I didn't know that Ivelyn is only 5'1, and Danson is 5'10! That's like 9 inches apart! lol I don't know if it's because I don't watch enough Taiwanese dramas but this is the first taiwanese drama I've watched where the nang'ake is pretty short and always wearing like 4-5 inch heels in every scene. lol Ivelyn definitely rocks those heels though. If it was me, I would have died already. lol 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I took a pause on my drama watching since I've been busy the past days but... I realized something.. like the pair of heels that the dog destroyed.. it wasn't the original pair that Xiao Tong gave to Linda?  Sure they were both glittery, but XT's pair was pointy and had a little bow-ish on the heel.  The one that the dog destroyed was a rounded pair of heels, not pointy..... unless I totally saw or recalled wrong?  Hahaha, why am I even pointing this out :p hahaha. 

roselovesice

My comment...it disappeared!!!  :cry:  :cry:

So I finally finished watching episode 12. Well, I can see why people were upset with it and with Jia Wei. I somewhat pity Zhi Yu but at the same time I don't sympathize with her one bit. That might be cruel of me to say but seriously! Why would Jia Wei sympathize/pity you if you told him what happened when you were going through therapy and all? The man dated you for 4 years and was planning to propose to you too! Of course he's going to worry about you at that time, not pity! Like, it doesn't even make any sense. lol Anyways, I don't like Xin Xin or Xiao Tong's boss. They need to butt out of Xiao Tong and Jia Wei's relationship and stop giving XT their input/opinions. They're so annoying. But looks like the competition between JW and ZY is finally here. JW, you better work hard if you want XT! 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Sarn & Darvil had to a reboot of the site, so many posts, threads, etc got deleted from like a 2 or 3 day span.  I lost a few too but I already lost my feelings of the lost posts lol.  It ain't the same if I was to rewrite/repost something similar hahaha.

roselovesice

So I finally got around to watching episode 13 and I actually enjoyed it. I understand the second guy, but seriously he's getting on my nerves already. This is why I NEVER root for the second guy 99.9% of the time. LOL I don't really get how he could have "LOVE" Xiao Tong when they don't even really know one another compare to XT and JW? Makes me mad. lol Anyways, I'm glad that JW is now one bit wavered by his ex-girlfriend. He burned her so bad that I almost pitied her. Hahha! Seems like JW is finally coming to realize that he's got competition now. Better work hard, JW! I'll be sitting here cheering you on! :D lol 

fun

Expired Sarnie
It's rare that a drama focus on the lead's relationship. Their relationship is so raw and drama free. There's the exes but nothing too over the top third wheelers. Polo doesn't count lol

I rather have XT's ex as the second male lead. The chef is annoying. XT is already in a relationship and he's gonna want to come in between XT and JW? Really? Like you said he barely knows her, heck even talked to her!!!

lakorn_addict

sarNie Egg
I really want to start this drama but since it's taiwanese....with only one episode a week airing...I just might die if it turns out to be 30 or something episode and I'm hooked. Anyone knows how many episode this drama will have? Couldn't find it anywhere...

roselovesice

lakorn_addict said:
I really want to start this drama but since it's taiwanese....with only one episode a week airing...I just might die if it turns out to be 30 or something episode and I'm hooked. Anyone knows how many episode this drama will have? Couldn't find it anywhere...
There's a total of 20 episodes unless they decide to extend it by a few episodes, which probably won't happen. There's only about 6 more episodes. There's no much drama, actually, there's like barely any so there's not much to worry about such as a rush ending or extension. :D

Anyways, I love this drama like crazy. I love how JW is so sneaky sometimes like when they finally reconciled and he was being all cute by saying that he'll take her instead of letting the chef pick her up. He was so cute in scene! I actually like that they finally had a minor argument as a couple. I love how confessed his feelings to her through a song! Ugh. Isn't he like the perfect boyfriend or what? LOL I love how hard he tries too. The 2nd guy and his mother pisses me off. They just need to go somewhere else or something. Zhi Yu too! I'm glad that we haven't seen much of the ex-girlfriend, but I might be speaking too early. Please tell me this isn't the calm before the storm! lol I'm excited for episode 15! The moment we have been waiting for will finally arrive!! lol :D