[Taiwan] The New World

fun

Expired Sarnie
Four childhood friends connected by a shared tragedy grow up in the same village but lose touch as they grow older. Miao Miao (Yang Ke Han), who is now a newspaper reporter, sets out to find her long-lost friends, whom she only knows by the nicknames Qing Ting, Xi Shuai and Xiao Cao. Her quest brings her in contact with Liu Dong Han (Pan Bo Xi) and Lin Zi Yan (Dou Hua Mei) – members of a special investigation team assigned to protect Miao Miao’s best friend, Luo Yong Mei (Angela Lee) – and Shen Zi Hong (Zhang Ting Hu), a retired special forces officer. As these four friends reconnect, they discover that the tragedy that altered the course of their lives decades earlier was no accident at all and stumble upon the murders, cover-up and corruption that spans five decades. “The New World” is a 2015 Taiwanese drama series directed by Huang Zhi Xiang.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't know any of the cast members but I totally digg the first episode. The tone is not your usual Twdrama. Low budget but it is decent despite that. I hope it continues to be good and engaging like the first episode.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I lied about not knowing anyone. Lead girl is from Love Family and I sat through 72 episodes. Lead guy is from Apple From Your Eyes. He is too scrawny for my taste in leading man but I am in this for the plot. Seems promising. 

I think it is safe to say I am officially in love with this drama. Sadly this only airs once a week. That 18 more weeks to go as this is slated for 20 episode. 

I think I might actually like second lead pairing more. I shouldn't have watched the 30 minute trailers. Now I want to know when will second pair pick up their story. The only thing I am worry about is the ending. TTV dramas that I have seen in the past does not satisfy me with their endings. At this moment anything can happen. This drama is quite low key so my anticipation is extremely high. You know when there isn't enough information, anything that comes up excites you. Well this is how I feel about this drama. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Yay episode 3 is up but it probably won't get subbed until the weekend and probably won't be completed until Tuesday. I think I might just have to watch this raw because I like it that much.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think I am totally obsessed with this drama. I watched it raw. I don't even know why since none of the cast is appealing. But they just grow on you despite poor acting. I really like the entire OST. When it comes to soundtracks, I really like Twdramas and Kdramas. Maybe because they actually put out an entire soundtrack instead of one to two track. If we are lucky lakorns will add a third track. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am insanely obsessed with this drama and I can't really explain why? The thirst is real! 

Excited for tomorrow's episode. The suspense is killing me. I have this knot in my stomach that Miao Miao's family had something to do with what happened 20 years ago. I actually really like the lead pair now. I hope their romance will blossom soon. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Wow episode 12 really dropped a bomb on me and the plot thicken. The story is also picking up speed. But I still want Clover to expose her identity soon. I have strong feeling that it is Zi Yan. I wonder why she is so tight lipped. 

So I am still pissed that Dong Hai slept with Yong Mei at the hospital a few episode ago. I somehow can't ship him with Zi Yan after that. But I now know why Dong Hai did it. It was to get back at Director Jiang. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Although this was rather slow and the buildup lost its momentum.. dang it... episode 13 had me... who would have thought Dong Han would go to such extreme for revenge. I just don't see a happy ending for him. They should have focused a bit more on Dong Han than Zi Hong. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't understand? The Jiangs is still responsible for the deaths of the family. Their intention was to give the 3 families a lesson but resulted in their death and then the Jiangs covers it as an accident, yes indeed it was an accident but if the Jiangs had not ordered ZGT and his people to stand in the middle of the street, then there would have been no accident. Therefore it is murder. The Jiangs are murderers!!! Not just that but they covered the relocation of the 89 families twice for their own benefits which makes them accomplices. So I don't know how the Jiangs were able to walk away freely from this whole thing!!!

The Jiangs killed those 59 individual who died due to the contamination of the village. Sure the Jiangs were not the one to dumped all those chemicals onto the land but they knew it happened yet helped covered it up again to their benefits.  

All what the villager is asking the Jiang to apologize and acknowledged that they helped covered what happened 50 years ago and 20 years ago. It was something small the villagers ask of yet the Jiangs couldn't until the very end. Ha. OMG. I am still pissed that they got to walk freely and Zi Yan had to pay for her sin when she did nothing wrong. She did not kill anyone in her act. How unfair!

I didn't like Yong Mei (Rich Girl) from the very beginning and dislike her even more towards the end. Although she initiated the having sex with Dong Han (Grasshopper), I was very disappointed that he didn't reject her. I still strongly believed he slept with her was a revenge against Jiang Jing Min. I was really shipping Clover and Grasshopper but sadly it didn't go as I hoped it did. The script writer screwed up badly. When Dong Han admitted that he liked Yong Mei (Rich Girl), I was in shocked. I watched each episode twice and attentively paid attention but never NEVER never did I once felt he had any feeling towards Yong Mei, not even the slightish. 

Overall it was still a decent drama, just didn't like the ending.