[Taiwanese drama] Behind Your Smile (2016/2017)

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I just found this drama today! Watched fan made mvs & saw the scene when the female lead was running from a dog and bumped into the male lead, that scene got my attention because I'm scared of dogs lol. And I think there is a sense of denial from the male lead (he will grow to like & love the female lead but he will be in denial at the same time until almost at the end of the drama I am guessing lol).

Plot: Zhao Yiting lives a cold and meaningless life as he tries to pursue the only goal he knows: destroying the person, who took everything from him. As he lost his father because of Lin Man, he decides to take revenge on her. At the same time, Lin Man's daughter Xinyu returns home to surprise her mother, but the woman has fled due to numerous charges against her. Xinyu is now destitute and has an angry mob after her, so Yiting helps her, while harboring ulterior motives. However, since Xinyu is naive, gentle and kind, Yiting starts to get conflicted about his feelings for her.

Cr to Wikipedia & as tagged

Edit: adding fan made mvs

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

He has full lips, attractive men with full lips are better looking than attractive men with thin lips lol.

This fan made mv is well made, on point with the plot, he looks scary at the end, truly "behind that smile" of his lol.

Cr to dreamie234

Ms.Zoe

I'm on ep 4. I like it so far, so far it's not dragging, each ep leading to the next one without making me lose interest. Its plot is a tad bit similar to Chinese drama Sealed with a Kiss although so far I find the male lead from this drama smarter than the male lead in SwaK on the plannings/methods of taking their revenge on the female leads. Also so far the male lead from this drama isn't showing any sadistic behavior like the male lead in SwaK lol but who knows if he will stay that way throughout the drama, a little early to tell lol. I'm curious which male lead has more pain in which cause their intense level of evilness/coldness in taking revenge on the female leads lol.

Here is a photo of the cute Yiting!

Cr to rightful owner

Noire89

Simply smile
Hey, saw this for Behind Your Smile/ Fausts Smile had to comment.
Be warned:
SOME SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD!
:) *nothing major*;)
This drama had me hooked from episode one. Though at around episode 13 I was not as happy with the development as I wanted to be. It's a good drama but after a strong beginning I felt it lacked impact after the big reveal and it dragged a bit towards the end.
For those interested in knowing a bit more about Yi Ting and his thirst for revenge, he stays cold for a while and the revenge thing gets old after he falls for Xin Yu and gets to know more about her(where it started to drag a bit for me).
The chemistry between the lead is good and they make you want to stay until the end and see their happy ending:)

P

PrincessKarina

I'm on ep 4. I like it so far, so far it's not dragging, each ep leading to the next one without making me lose interest. Its plot is a tad bit similar to Chinese drama Sealed with a Kiss although so far I find the male lead from this drama smarter than the male lead in SwaK on the plannings/methods of taking their revenge on the female leads. Also so far the male lead from this drama isn't showing any sadistic behavior like the male lead in SwaK lol but who knows if he will stay that way throughout the drama, a little early to tell lol. I'm curious which male lead has more pain in which cause their intense level of evilness/coldness in taking revenge on the female leads lol.

Here is a photo of the cute Yiting!

Cr to rightful owner
Thanks! What a cutie! I will think about this drama. Thanks for the info. :)

P

PrincessKarina

Hey, saw this for Behind Your Smile/ Fausts Smile had to comment.
Be warned:
SOME SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD!
:) *nothing major*;)
This drama had me hooked from episode one. Though at around episode 13 I was not as happy with the development as I wanted to be. It's a good drama but after a strong beginning I felt it lacked impact after the big reveal and it dragged a bit towards the end.
For those interested in knowing a bit more about Yi Ting and his thirst for revenge, he stays cold for a while and the revenge thing gets old after he falls for Xin Yu and gets to know more about her(where it started to drag a bit for me).
The chemistry between the lead is good and they make you want to stay until the end and see their happy ending:)
Oh ok. Thanks!

Ms.Zoe

@PrincessKarina I am actually surprised that I am watching it because I rarely watch Taiwanese dramas, I could only count 5 or less of Taiwanese dramas that I had watched so far.

It was a short clip starting at 2:37 from this fan made mv that I saw on IG which introduced me to this drama. The male lead could sure kiss lol. I can't wait when that scene comes :love:. And the male lead could sure smile, he has a very sweet & charming smile.

Cr to Tanu

P

PrincessKarina

@PrincessKarina I am actually surprised that I am watching it because I rarely watch Taiwanese dramas, I could only count 5 or less of Taiwanese dramas that I had watched so far.

It was a short clip starting at 2:37 from this fan made mv that I saw on IG which introduced me to this drama. The male lead could sure kiss lol. I can't wait when that scene comes :love:. And the male lead could sure smile, he has a very sweet & charming smile.

Cr to Tanu
Lol. That's it! I'm watching this drama as soon as I find time! Thanks! What a cutie he is! And yes beautiful lips and smile he has! Kissing scenes were adorable too!

Ms.Zoe

I am watching this drama at a turtle pace lol. If I finished it too fast I will be out of dramas to watch when I'm really picky on choosing which dramas to watch/investing my time into lol.

I'm currently on ep 6. In ep 5 I got to see the real Yiting, outside he looks stone cold but inside he is a guy with emotions & warmth.

Heaven forbids if someone was to take revenge on me then I hope he is like Yiting :risas3:.

@PrincessKarina yea watch it when you can, don't you have other dramas to watch too? Lol

P

PrincessKarina

I am watching this drama at a turtle pace lol. If I finished it too fast I will be out of dramas to watch when I'm really picky on choosing which dramas to watch/investing my time into lol.

I'm currently on ep 6. In ep 5 I got to see the real Yiting, outside he looks stone cold but inside he is a guy with emotions & warmth.

Heaven forbids if someone was to take revenge on me then I hope he is like Yiting :risas3:.

@PrincessKarina yea watch it when you can, don't you have other dramas to watch too? Lol
Lol! Interesting! Yes I do have other dramas to watch!

Ms.Zoe

I don't know for sure but I guess he does since he wrote the lyrics & sang the song lol.

He ages well. He was born in 1983 but he looks as if he is the same age with the female lead, she was born in 1990.

P

PrincessKarina

Tr
I don't know for sure but I guess he does since he wrote the lyrics & sang the song lol.

He ages well. He was born in 1983 but he looks as if he is the same age with the female lead, she was born in 1990.
True true. Boy I would not even have guess he is in his 30's. Lol. He is a cutie that's for sure.