Taking the ACT

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
Ladies! I am taking the ACT on April 9th (next Saturday)! I'm freaking out! For those who have taken it, how was it? What was the hardest part?

ChenrukNote

Goddess
As a freshman/sophomore in high school did you take the preliminary ACT aka the PLAN? If so, the ACT you'll be taking now is like that except a little harder. The ACT is actually a much easier test in my opinion than the SAT, but then I took it many many years ago so it might have changed by now. From what I recall, know your math (mainly algebra, geometry, and some trigonometry/precalc), and science, and english. I think the trickiest portion of it was probably the reading since the passages are so damn boring so it requires a lot of focus, kinda like on AP English exams. The writing portion of the ACT is really easy though. But like all tests, make sure you get a good's night rest so you don't get anxious and start forgetting what you know. And remember, answer every single question. It's not like the SAT where you get punished for guessing. Good luck :)

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
As a freshman/sophomore in high school did you take the preliminary ACT aka the PLAN? If so, the ACT you'll be taking now is like that except a little harder. The ACT is actually a much easier test in my opinion than the SAT, but then I took it many many years ago so it might have changed by now. From what I recall, know your math (mainly algebra, geometry, and some trigonometry/precalc), and science, and english. I think the trickiest portion of it was probably the reading since the passages are so damn boring so it requires a lot of focus, kinda like on AP English exams. The writing portion of the ACT is really easy though. But like all tests, make sure you get a good's night rest so you don't get anxious and start forgetting what you know. And remember, answer every single question. It's not like the SAT where you get punished for guessing. Good luck :)
Thank you for the wonderful advice!

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I took it back in 04...so I don't know if it has changed. I wasn't too stressed over it since I didn't plan on going to an Ivy league school or anything. But, unlike Nai_1_1 I sucked @ English...standardized English tests. I always did bad on reading/writing. Math was easier. If you know the material that you've learned in high school then you're set.