Tax on Music?

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Huh? I just assumed we pay taxes for music already. I mean why wouldn't we? It's a product and just about every product except food (and some meds) gets taxed. Unless you're from a region that doesn't do sales tax (certain states don't have sales tax, not sure about other countries).

Just read the article: It's not really a tax, it's more like a monthly payment that's automatically added on to your internet bill which is a load of crap. It's like paying for stuff you already have or paying for a monthly "service" instead of a product. I don't like that at all, what about those of us who buy CDs? What about the people who don't download music? I think charging for downloads is enough, making people pay a monthly bill is ridiculous because essentially they'll just be paying for something they've already paid for. <_< What a rip off.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I heard about this on a few of the tech podcasts. Essentially its not going to fly.. There are so many alternative ways to get money but of course them fat cats are going for the sleazy methods first.