Teachers and Skools...

OMG! In one semester everything changes... I mean all them books and etc... My friend gave me his books he got from last semester so I wouldnt need to buy any... I took them to the SAME classes and they were all NEW and so called IMPROVED books. I was like WTF! :huh: Last semester was this and now WAT!!! ARGH!!! :angry:
2nd thing to whine about is that... One of my teacher is a CLOWN; which I can say is good... he's hilarious and makes it entertaining... You just never know wat he's gonna do next... And one of my other teacher... OMG I just want to drop kick him if I could... He's such a... F*CKER! So damn STRICT and an A$$... Because of work I couldnt make it to first day of class; today I went in for the syllables for class and he make me look so bad. Saying this and that... I was like DAMN! I work hella far okae; give me sum face here. He was like work is work and skool is skool. They dont collide... :huh: But damN!!! I just wanted to :arrg: the daylights out of the MO-FO...
I just had to whine and b*tch about this or else I was gonna take it out on someone I really shouldnt... Its best put into words... Now Ima a bit better since I dont have to see that F*CKER until next Wednesday... I can't believe I already got a REPORT due in 2 weeks... AHHHH!!!! I hate my english teacher!!!
ANYWAISE... How's everyone elses teachers and classes... I bet way far better then mines... Share some... I think it be so cool if sum1 could start a HELP thread for school projects and reports. I mean not literally give out answers and cheats; but like help offering on subjects and questions you know... That would be so awesome...

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Aww *hugs* sorry to hear about your book and teacher situation, it happens, sucks though.
Thankfully I got to a school where most of the student body are older students and they all have to work, so the professors generally understand -- a lot of them have other jobs outside of their teaching.

I'm done with all of my classes for my major and minor, I'm just taking the minimal amount of hours so I don't have to pay my student loans back until I graduate, and I can't graduate until I deal with my foreign language credits ... urgh...such a bitch to deal with.

Anyway, my classes this semester (hopefully my last) are Journalism as Literary Form and Intro. to Folklore. Both of them are requiring me to do a lot of writing. I'm going to have to write a short nonfiction story for the journalism class, and I'm going to be doing a lot of research on cultural folklore for the other one.

I've had the journalism teacher for three other journalism/writing courses before, so he cools, very laid back, professional and treats us like adults. He likes to view his class as a news room, every time we have a story to work on, we toss around ideas, he plays the role of the editor and we're his reporters. He's not a full time professor though, he like most of the Communication professors, have jobs in newspaper, magazines, TV, etc. outside of teaching at school. I like that because we're getting taught by people who are actually working and have many years of experience in the field that we're studying. Plus it helps with landing a job because they've all established a lot of connections in their career and pass the contacts to their students.

As for my Folklore professor, he seems really cool so far -- very open to ideas but not too laid back that he's slacking on his job. He decides what we'll be learning in the class according to the student's interest (he made us take a survey). From my impression of the first day, it sounds like it's going to be a very interesting class -- we're covering folklore from all over the world.

I love both of my professors because they're choosing books that aren't really textbooks, but something that we can learn more from than a textbook, and it's much cheaper. My journalism teacher has a book that he sends to us via e-mail, chapter by chapter, so we don't have to waste our money on it.

nina07

sarNie Adult
Well, All i got to say is that last year was the shiiz, and this year will suuck because I can so tell for meee. lol.

First of all, my school has like teams in each grade level since there are alot of students and there has to be different teachers so we have teams. In my grade level, we have teams that our called Hawkeyes and Raptors. I'm in Hawkeyes this year. The good news my best friend in the wholee entiree world is in this team, BAD NEWS is that i only have four classes with her. I know four classes is alot because even though we have classes together, we barely talk because our other friends are in there so its likee "ADLKDFJAKJFASKJFDLSF!!!" Oh and it gets even better, most of my reeeeaaaalllyyyy good friends are in the f**kin other team. I wanted to be in that team because you could so tell that they have really fun teachers and one of them was lao! :( and then there was this really funny teacher and -- ughhh. bastards <_< But then, you cant do anything about it so its like WTH . OH and the class that I have lunch with I have noo one in there that I knoww. So basically everyday sincee I started school, I've been eating by myself. yeahh.. pretty pathetic. Now i'm scared that likee my friends in the other teams will like forget about mee and stuff because these are not some ordinary friendships okay. I've known them since grade school!! :'( I know I have to like wait and see what happens and not judge this school year so quickly, but im serious. From the looks of it, its basically going to suuck this year. I mean if you were there with mee, you would know as well >.< so basically:

-my classes pretty much suck <_< (except for seventh and third period ^_^)
-the teachers suuck --well not all of them but mostly -_-
-I miss my friends that aren't in my classes. :(
- and yeahh. I dislikee my school schedulee very much at the moment.

okay thats the end of my rantt. ^_^

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Wow all of you guys started skool already...i don't start until the 22nd...but yeah you should ask your teacher if the old books still work or not...because sometimes if it's just a new addition then all the text are pretty much still the same and some teachers accept it...but if it's a totally new book then too bad...

but yeah hmmm last years skool experience since i haven't started yet...i just want to say that one of my teachers is a dumb ass...she's new and maybe i should cut her some slack but damn...at least read and try to know and understand what you are teaching...gosh this teacher is clueless...she reads everything directly off the slide...Im like dang sitting in class..."shoot pay meeh to read off the slides"...hahaha.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i can tell ya i love my skool been there from 98 still there now but some of the teachers as complate asses and dont even wanna help. As i have to have learning support some of the teachers just sometimes dont care about it and make u get on with it and they go do something thats not even to do with the lesson. but most of ma teachers are fun and yet i still learn something. i wouldnt change anything about ma skool appart from hmm a lil less work in one freaken term coz man i have alot of work and its just like the first 2 weeks the skools been open.

im saying this skool i have been in for over 10 years now is the best one i have been in i remember being in one where the teachers was really mean and they would just be asses for no reason even if u was doing ur work!

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
i can tell ya i love my skool been there from 98 still there now but some of the teachers as complate asses and dont even wanna help. As i have to have learning support some of the teachers just sometimes dont care about it and make u get on with it and they go do something thats not even to do with the lesson. but most of ma teachers are fun and yet i still learn something. i wouldnt change anything about ma skool appart from hmm a lil less work in one freaken term coz man i have alot of work and its just like the first 2 weeks the skools been open.

im saying this skool i have been in for over 10 years now is the best one i have been in i remember being in one where the teachers was really mean and they would just be asses for no reason even if u was doing ur work!
Dang...how are you in a skool for ten years? Curiousity...

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
Dang...how are you in a skool for ten years? Curiousity...

my school has Early Years, Primary, Preparatory, Secondary and a sixth form college. all in one lol AGES : 6 months to 18 years

judyp

sarNie Adult
6 months? wow. lol.

and yeah, i hate when textbook editions are changed. sometimes you get a cool professor where they don't mind you using the past 1-2 edition. other times, they expect you to have the latest one. if i have the old edition on handy, i usually get away without having to buy the newer one because they change very little to the textbook...mainly the cover. lol.

i only have 2 lecture classes which are held on wednesday and my clinical rotation on friday. so i only have 2 days of school. i guess its good and bad. the good thing is that i only have 2 days of school. lol. the bad thing is that because i only have 2 days, my lecture classes are LONG! im in one class from 10:30-12:10. my instructor for that class is pretty cool, she tries to make the class entertaining because its a pretty lame class that is required for the nursing program. i learn how to write resumes and cover letters. blah. hopefully i'll come out with an improved resume. :) my psychiatric lecture class is dragging! for one, we're there from 12:30-5:10. so the 20 minutes in between doesn't allow me or any of my other classmates enough time to grab something to eat. the instructor tries to be understanding by giving us a 15 minute break. haha! i laugh about it because 15 minutes doesn't do us any good. everyone basically runs around finding food or they bring lunch to school which is what i should start doing. my instructor is so strict about everything though. we can't have water bottles during quizzes/test anymore. i guess some idiot from who knows where cheated by writing answers on the label. she read or saw a video about it so she banned water bottles.

after being in school for soooo dang long, i learned that all instructors are different. we can't have one down to earth professor and expect the same from others. you just have to learn to adapt to all types of situations.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
my school has Early Years, Primary, Preparatory, Secondary and a sixth form college. all in one lol AGES : 6 months to 18 years
Really wow...from 6-months...that would be a total bored for meeh to stay at the same skool for ever...