Teachers shot dead in Narathiwat

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Natty...

I'll try to keep it short... there are two types of schools, government supported and private. I hope that explains the discrepency you have with my comments. The King actually supported the muslim schools, only in the South.

One can argue the issue of assimulation vs. diversity elsewhere. :^P

In terms of history... the King has tried a million times to appease the south and to keep the country together. He supported the muslim schools so that those that DFEMC is defending are not the targets of hate. I can't go over a history lesson on what has been done, but it is difficult to have the lay person understand the difficulties of keeping the nation as one. (not referring to you natty)

Muslims have a different thought process (stereotyping). If you notice their belief system differs than ours whether it be Thai or Western. (DFEMC please don't attack me... I'm not talking about you okay?) Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-muslims, but men are allowed to marry outside their religion. There are alot of issues about religion that is better discussed in person... (when you treat me to sushi Natty. 5555) You need to find some muslims and have a chit chat to learn more about them. It's interesting... and DFEMC I don't think you are a monster cause you are muslim. So don't hate.

It is hard to make peace because of how they think (generalization). I had Iranian friends who came over for college from Iran, years back and they would always bad mouth America. In my head, I kept thinking, why are you here? It's like they lack something. (yes, I should not stereotype based on the ones I met, but I'm just tossing out that)

When I was doing research at USC with another Iranian physician. We discussed the issue of 9-11 which was oh so recent. He claimed to believe it was either Jewish or American who did it. He rationalized that it was an aim to start war with the Middle East to take over oil, etc. He was a sane person and not a person to bad mouth America. He appreciated America and why he was here. He stated JFK as an example to his theory. If you don't know about JFK, the theory that's been tossed around by CIA/FBI etc in regards to his assasination was by powerful people who JFK stepped on within our own country lines which led to his demise. There is evidence to suggest it, and if you are interested in that... research the history channel, there should be a story on him there... or check your local library as I am just providing food for thought. The Iranian physician felt this was no different. I kept asking him the ability to coordinate it to have muslims committ a crime against their own people and to have them take the fall for the US to gain is hard to imagine. But thats a discussion I had with one foreigner I share with you.

The point is that there are two sides to each coin. The issues in the South are complicated. Thaksin was corrupt, but they say Sonthi is too. The South thinks Thai central gvt is corrupt and the central govt doesn't know who exactly is feeding garbage to the Southerners. Indoensia, Malaysia, communists, and others could all benefit from the break down of the Thai economy. It's working too. The muslim radicals who are no way affiliated with peace loving muslims that DFEMC needs me to recognize and argue on play of words, needs to dealt with, but news of corruption and unjustice leads people to have little faith in the central government. There was the death of several citizens of the South due to dehydration during a protest which was caused by military soldiers under Thaksin care. There was the corrupt officials and assassination of defense lawyers that the muslims hired to defend them that died which gives them no encouragment to want to be involved with central Thailand's government leadership. They don't want these evil corrupt politicians be be in the South.

Instead the South feeds off of the muslim breathrens who provide propaganda to encourage the division in the South and continue to use violence in hopes to separate Thai's South and make it chaotic. Run out the people who are affiliated with the central government.

There are bad people in the government and there are good. Right now, there are leaders in the miliatary who are trying REALLY hard to refrain from using brute force. 7 soldiers were killed by an IED device recently. young Thai men similar to US soldiers.

That could have been me, or your brother or whoever, who they killed. It just bursts my bubble. People keep saying violence isn't the answer, but when you are against an irrational foe, people have to realize, you can't use rationalization. It's like talking to a child and telling them they should do things because its for their own good. The kid in the candy shop doesn't care if the sweets will give him cavities, he wants his candy and he wants it NOW. Catch my drift?

The passive muslims who are quiet are not helping the situation allowing these people to continue to cause mayhem for either fear or what not. IT SUCKS!

One has to see all sides and understand that life isn't black and white.

I have family in the South as well and to think that I am insensitive would be ill-directed. Wan and Ice are not close minded because they understand what's going on. And the garb that Ice is talking about has soo many issues and problems.

Its funny how DFEMC is a feminist and yet wants to defend the muslim teachings. muslim teaching would teach dfemc not to talk back to the male gender or husband. She should be submissive. but anyways... i hate religion discussions ... all they do is make people upset.

When I was working with abused and burned victums.... I would see women in the full get up. One has to respect the culture and invasion of privacy, but at the same time, you wonder, did their husband abuse them, do they have bruises, what are they hiding. Their child has burns over their body, and the mother has nothing. It makes assessing the situation that much harder, but whatever... I totally understand what Ice is trying to say.

Traditioanl Muslims hate how the US muslims don't wear or are losing their traditional houkas and garbs. I was shocked to see my friend who always wore her garb took it off vs. protesting for freedom of expression of her religion when asked to enter a sterile medical field.

i'm trying to share stories cause the people on here don't know me and credibility is questionable, but unlike others who are not worth trusting, I hope i have provided sufficient info to give you more food for thought. If you are muslim, don't think that Thai people hate you. These comments are referring to the political environment. I am sure that Ice has muslims classmates or friends who she gets along nicely with. I have plenty of muslim friends. And I don't mean, "Oh i have a black friend so therefore I'm not racist" thinking. I have christian friends who have come to a conclusion do not discuss religion any further. I don't let religion interfere with friendships. We have to respect one another and their beliefs. Tolerance is key... and hence why it is insulting when people take the words literally.

If you want to question the background or understanding of your oppenents thinking of muslims or any subject, educate and see if the other side knows about it.

Don't attack the person.

Damn... still wordy!

natty

Chubs
alright with that very long reply typed and posted.. i still dont get why it's a bad idea for islam to have their own schools.. i too have islamic friends who are nonviolent and i'm sure you too right? i even have 2 very dear friend who died in the 9-11 attack.. but it's just a group.. not everyone.. so why are we attacking the religion as a whole and not the individual? if we're talking about history then can we not say that christianity are bad as well? their beliefs are different the buddhism as well.. when i was growing up in catholic school i was always taught that to worship idols are wrong and those who do will go to hell.. kinda weird cus us catholics worship mary's statue as well..

as for the attacking.. i mean how can people not attack when you make comments that are quiet hypocrite such as "I'm a little pissed that Muslims are allowed their own schools in the South."

and how can violent be the answer? are we not bashing the radical muslims for using violent against others?

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I actually think most of your points are valid but there are some I just want to add to.

I'll try to keep it short... there are two types of schools, government supported and private. I hope that explains the discrepency you have with my comments. The King actually supported the muslim schools, only in the South.

One can argue the issue of assimulation vs. diversity elsewhere. :^P
I dont' understand where you're going with this. What are you trying to say with assimulation vs. diversity? As for the school, I can't comment much on it cause I don't really know about the school system in the south. I'll try to look it up and see if I can find info about it.

Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-muslims, but men are allowed to marry outside their religion. There are alot of issues about religion that is better discussed in person... (when you treat me to sushi Natty. 5555)
This is true, but that does not mean a muslim women can never marry a non-muslim man. He just has to convert first. Now as to why this is true, you can read this link to find out.

http://www.irfi.org/questions_answers/musl...y_nonmuslim.htm

I just wanted to add this part in to say that muslim women marry outside of their people quite often but there are some hurdles they have to go through.

That could have been me, or your brother or whoever, who they killed. It just bursts my bubble. People keep saying violence isn't the answer, but when you are against an irrational foe, people have to realize, you can't use rationalization. It's like talking to a child and telling them they should do things because its for their own good. The kid in the candy shop doesn't care if the sweets will give him cavities, he wants his candy and he wants it NOW. Catch my drift?
In the opening post to this thread, you wrote that violence isn't the answer. Now it seems you're implying that it is. IF that is true, then um...isn't that hypocritcal of you? Or maybe perhaps...flippy-floppy?

Wan and Ice are not close minded because they understand what's going on. And the garb that Ice is talking about has soo many issues and problems.
How do they understand what's going on? They have not written anything to indicate that. Their comments in my opinion are racist, insulting, and incredibly ridiculous. How do they understand what's going on if there are comments such as being afraid of a group of people because they wear head scarves? Last I checked, that's fear based on ignorance and irrationality.

But yeah, like I said, most of your points are good and valid, except for the John Kerry flippy-floppy thing. Most of my comments were more directed at Ice, Wankub, and this Rocky person...

actually there a way, but people would just call us killing innocent people. bomb those radical islam. the bad one and set an example that this kind of behavior is not acceptable.
Yah, let's go systematically ask all the Muslims which ones are bad and which ones are good. Then let's have all the bad ones move to Iraq and then bomb them. It's a great idea. Write it up and call it Operation Cheese Puffs or something (to compliment Operation Popcorn) and then let's raise money for it.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
How do they understand what's going on? They have not written anything to indicate that. Their comments in my opinion are racist, insulting, and incredibly ridiculous. How do they understand what's going on if there are comments such as being afraid of a group of people because they wear head scarves? Last I checked, that's fear based on ignorance and irrationality.

But yeah, like I said, most of your points are good and valid, except for the John Kerry flippy-floppy thing. Most of my comments were more directed at Ice, Wankub, and this Rocky person...
what ticked me off here is that i do understand whats going on i live in the country nor am i a racist i have been brought up will all kinds of races living in a captial and going to a school that has many races in it... fear in not seeing someones idenity is scary.... seeing one before isnt plesant when you alone in some place scary im not a racist person at all one bit i will never insult someone for the look of skin or whatever... i was just sayin i read ma comments and nothin i said was bad... i love dcfmc ( forgot how spell ur name ) buh she great girl n not all muslim are bad if u read me u would notice im talkin bout tha bad ones dude

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
what ticked me off here is that i do understand whats going on i live in the country nor am i a racist i have been brought up will all kinds of races living in a captial and going to a school that has many races in it... fear in not seeing someones idenity is scary.... seeing one before isnt plesant when you alone in some place scary im not a racist person at all one bit i will never insult someone for the look of skin or whatever... i was just sayin i read ma comments and nothin i said was bad... i love dcfmc ( forgot how spell ur name ) buh she great girl n not all muslim are bad if u read me u would notice im talkin bout tha bad ones dude
I didn't say you were racist. I said your comments were racist. You may very well love all races under the sun. But what you wrote is irrational. Unless EVERY single person who ever wore a head scarf was a dangerous person, then your fear is not based on fact. It's based on a stereotype which has its basis from a racist belief. See what I mean?

natty

Chubs
but ice ja, just because you're brought up with different races doesnt mean you understand them.. i mean i was brought up catholic for crying out loud and i still dont understand them..

also can you explain why the headscarf scares you? is it suffocating you or threatening you in anyways? or it it only because it represent islamic? a religion that is at the moment deemed as evil because of those radicals? if that is so then the yellow or grey garbs of buddhist monks as well as the black robes of catholic should scare them too right?

being scared or judging people base on their religion color or look is racism.. you dont have to verbally insult someone to be racist.. all you need to do is judge them. but dont think much of that comment cus for me i believe everyone is racist in some form or another

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
why dont u get what im sayin???

im talking about these head scarf

not this one

that one is fine u can see who u are lookin at... i went to anoter country were the crime was high because of the people with the 1st pictures head scarf not knowing their identity was scary to walk past u have to experice these things before u kno... im not scared of the religion coz i kno some people who is nice who is muslim if u get me i was talkin bout the bad ones... i dont see at all they was racist i wasnt the one who shouted out abuse like n'wan what he said i thought was harsh compare to what i said ma skool u get taught tha differnt races so of course i understand most races if i was racist trust me i would of said something real bad buh i aint like that

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
555... nice Nong *Ice* 5555 pictures speaks louder than words.

I met one African muslim with the funkiest garb I have ever seen... she had gloves and all... I swore she could have been a ninja or nameless in disguise and it was hot as hell. I give her props for her dedication to conceal her looks from the lustful eyes of men in the weather we were in at the time.

Anyways... as for violence vs. non-violence flip flop... I am currently in a neutral stance. If I misled you... here is my clarification. My initial post was asking for viewpoints on the use of force. If you think I'm flip floppy that's fine... you hear potato, I hear poTATo. As for taking a stance for war vs. no war, they are statements to stir food for thought.

As for having a stance... I think people have to flow with the information. To be adament on a position within the context of our discussion would be close minded and unwillingness to be open minded. You get no where if you are unwilling to change your mind.

As for Natty... what's wrong with a muslim school? It depends on what aspect are you asking? If you are asking if I am narrow minded and think only buddhism should be taught. Then you misunderstood. I believe the school system should be regulated and controled. I don't know if you are aware, but within US school system, teachers are not allowed to discuss issues outside the guidelines provided by the state from K-12. This does not occur within the private sectors such as catholic schools. Hence why permission slips in public schools are required and that is after the teacher runs it by the principal. So those who wish to argue censorship... can do that with someone else. :^P

In the South, muslim schools are taught one thing and buddhist or to be politically correct state/providence run schools are taught another. As you can see... the allowance of muslim teachings with contributions from the radical muslims does not help matters. So yes, muslim teachings should not be taught in the schools in the context of this situation. If Christians started causing an uprise and teaching their young to blow up, kill, and have negative thoughts that affect the structure and foundation of a country, I would also ban Catholic schools. Since that is not the case, this applies to muslim teachings only. And instead of attacking non-muslims for pointing fingers, if muslims could handle the situation, this would not be about religion. Besides, if DFEMC had the answer to resolve this problem, I think everyone and their mom's would be all ears to her thoughts. Since obviously, my comments are disturbing to her and unfair.

I am sorry if you think that the statements are ignorant in context. I'm not a politician and I can't please everyone with being politically correct. Hence why I will state this is my last reply to this topic so I can avoid offending anyone else.

If radicals would not use Allah in vain, religion wouldn't be an issue.

And we could continue on with... "so you are saying that because the cult christians who tell peopel to commit suicide are evil, we should ban all chirstian churches?"

Again... I think most people can answer their own questions. I think one has to answer questions situation by situation. Just because I do not like war, doesn't mean that war is wrong. There are times and places for everything.

To *Ice*... enjoy your Ping Pong, shopping, and your youth. Don't think about all this political stuff... and try to contribute as much good as possible. If you have any hook ups when your big and famous... hook me up! :^)

(counting the days to partying it up in Thailand!!!) woot woot!

Everybody's a little bit racist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu5b1i6V7B8

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Violence is never the answer, but what is the answer to this monstrocity?!
I'm sorry. I thought you meant that violence isn't the answser by this comment. Was this part of the original article you posted?

As for Ice, your post with pictures doesn't change anything. So because they cover everything except their eyes, that makes it more dangerous? I really don't get that.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
As for Ice, your post with pictures doesn't change anything. So because they cover everything except their eyes, that makes it more dangerous? I really don't get that.
yo still dont get me?? its called idenity if one was to attack you u wont kno what they look like... its happened before thats why when them other dude not talkin bout muslims here talkin bout bad dude that go steal stuff from stores they wear errr mask or whatever to hide idenity get me yet?? come on man u gotta understand what im sayin?? someone at least?

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
yo still dont get me?? its called idenity if one was to attack you u wont kno what they look like... its happened before thats why when them other dude not talkin bout muslims here talkin bout bad dude that go steal stuff from stores they wear errr mask or whatever to hide idenity get me yet?? come on man u gotta understand what im sayin?? someone at least?
Ok Ice, I understand what you mean by hiding identity. That's fine. If (and that if part is important) they do rob someone or do something bad, then yes, you won't know who they are. However (and here's the part that's fear based on irrationality), if they don't do something bad (and for some reason, I feel like there's a good chance more than 50% won't), then a comment you made about how people with head scarves are scary would be seen as racist. Do you see what I mean?

In other words, let me put it this way.

Fire is hot. If I touch fire, I will burn.
-This happens everytime so it can be construed as fact, so it's fear based on factual evidence.

Sharks eat people, so I should be afraid of sharks.
-There would still not be enough reasons to say that ALL sharks are dangerous but at least, there is enough evidence to substantiate this fact. Thus, even though it might be wrong to be afraid of all sharks, at least your fear will be grounded in something.

However, with WOMEN who wear head scarves, how many cases a year do you see them going around killing and robbing people? Now, you might be afraid because on tv, it shows MEN with ski masks who chop off people's heads. Those guys are militants and do not represent the whole. If you are using that as your reasons for making that comment, then you are committing a fallacy of composition. It's a false assumption that a part of something necessarily hold true for the composite whole.

Now, you can hold this belief if you want. No one can control how you think. In fact, all of us are racist to a certain degree no matter how hard we try to be open minded. A Harvard study have shown this. However, the comment that you made is racist. That's all I'm saying. You're making a judgement call on an apparatus worn by certain types of people and you're categorizing it in a negative light.

But if it makes you feel better, you're not the only one that does this. The french gov't claims that they want equality across the board, so they banned head scarves in their school. Yet, while they may believe their actions were justified, I think it's racial insensitivity on their part.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
being scared aint racist ur just tryna make trouble people can see it everyday u hear about these things u just dont kno that they are going on u have to see it to belive and expericance dude!