teaching english overseas

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
have you gone overseas to teach english or know anyone who has? please share some information on what it was like?

mokka

sarNie Adult
I've never teach English overseas but most of the people i talked to who are overseas teaching English really enjoyed it there. Most of them don't want to come back to the US

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I was in Maetang, Thailand for almost a years. It was a great experience and like mokka said, I don't want to come back. I love the students, the food and people there. I was actually in an Elementary School, but the kids/students were just fun to be with. I recommend that you/everyone should try because it will be a life time experience that you'll never forget.

If you want more information about the process or school, pm me.

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
Im heading to Thailand at the end of the year for volunteer work but i dont now what to do. i'm tossing between conservation involving looking after elephants and monkey or community developoment which involves teaching english to kids....
any suggestion....?

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
Im heading to Thailand at the end of the year for volunteer work but i dont now what to do. i'm tossing between conservation involving looking after elephants and monkey or community developoment which involves teaching english to kids....
any suggestion....?
it's up to you. are you more of an animal person or do you like kids better? think about that. i would personally chose teaching just because i think it would be a lot easier. but it's up to you. let you know how it goes when you get back.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
any suggestion....?
really which part of thailand are you going? most of the elephant camps are usually in the North. If you are in Chiangmai, it will be close to the school I volunteer cause I am thinking about going back there. It will be interested and how long are you planning to stay there? Teaching English to the little kids or taking care of animals both will give you a life time memory. The elephant are very intelligent and they draw more beautiful picture than me.

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
it's up to you. are you more of an animal person or do you like kids better? think about that. i would personally chose teaching just because i think it would be a lot easier. but it's up to you. let you know how it goes when you get back.
yea...i want to be up and close with the elephants buh then i want to do teaching as well, cause that what i wanna do when i finish my uni course. Thats y i cant make up my mind..i could do both buh it cost too much and 2 week per project i'll get home sick...

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
really which part of thailand are you going? most of the elephant camps are usually in the North. If you are in Chiangmai, it will be close to the school I volunteer cause I am thinking about going back there. It will be interested and how long are you planning to stay there? Teaching English to the little kids or taking care of animals both will give you a life time memory. The elephant are very intelligent and they draw more beautiful picture than me.
Im not sure yet, buh maybe chiang mai cause like u said theres elephant parks there. one reason i want to work with elephants cause there will be hmong people there, whereas the teaching english to kids is more towards the burmese border.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
yea...i want to be up and close with the elephants buh then i want to do teaching as well, cause that what i wanna do when i finish my uni course. Thats y i cant make up my mind..i could do both buh it cost too much and 2 week per project i'll get home sick...
oh really wow. after your uni, are you planing on teaching here in the US only or going overseas?