Teaching in Thailand

Can anyone provide me with any information regarding teaching in Thailand? I am currently looking forward to teaching English preferably to middle school or high school students but I really don't know where to start. If possible, I want to move there and build upon a new life where I can also change the lives of others by teaching and engaging in organizations that enhance the learning of the English language to those individuals who wish to embark on a journey towards a successful future. I've met and "Lined" with many native Thai students who seek assistance in the English language from me. To my surprise, I enjoy it!
So, back to my question. Where do I begin?

darvil

sarNie Adult
I remember you asking about this awhile ago.  Do you have a teaching certificate?  Because that will go a long way in getting a job.  As far as I know, they're making it alot harder to teach in thailand then it used to before. 

Also you should tell us more like, which areas of thailand are you interested in (or is willing to go) vs living in bangkok for example.  What salary requirements do you have?  You're talking about a real school right? not an NGO or something along that line.

Darvil said:
I remember you asking about this awhile ago.  Do you have a teaching certificate?  Because that will go a long way in getting a job.  As far as I know, they're making it alot harder to teach in thailand then it used to before. 

Also you should tell us more like, which areas of thailand are you interested in (or is willing to go) vs living in bangkok for example.  What salary requirements do you have?  You're talking about a real school right? not an NGO or something along that line.
I am obtaining my teaching certificate within a few months. :D
Salary requirements must be equal or higher than standards here in America. And yes, a real school. Hahahaha! Preferably, middle school or high school.

lakorNerd

sarNie Egg
I would like to teach in Thailand too, someday for Plan C or maybe more like Plan E. A while ago, ip.smilez posted up statuses about her sister going to teach there, so you should ask her. She even sent me a link to the program that her sister went through. It was this program: https://www.facebook.com/ciee?fref=ts. Having a Bachelor degree and having "native English language fluency" are the two most important and common criteria among the programs. I've been told that a native English speaker with any bachelor degree will fare better as a candidate than a non-native English speaker with a teaching degree (even though they both are fluent).