Thai Buddhist monks have been warned

saochan

sarNie Egg
Thai Buddhist monks have been warned not to use social networking sites to flirt with girls. Last week, the Prime Minister's Office requested that the Information, Communications and Technology ministry monitor monk's use of the Hi5 social networking site. A Thai minister reportedly asked site operators to monitor the Web site for monks' participation and kick them off the site. He also urged other users not to interact with monks behaving inappropriately on the site. The news of the warning came earlier this week as police in Thailand were investigating a rape claim against a monk. In that case, a monk is accused of using the Internet to lure a teenage girl to his temple and raping her.

sources: http://www.informationweek.com
http://www.vdobay.com

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
That's really shaming their image. This just remind us that we are only human. Sadly it reflect badly on those who does follow the rules. Hopefully it won't be blown out as in the cases of the popes.

Libra078

sarNie Juvenile
This disgused me monks are suppose to be at peace praying with Buddha
and not let girls or any kind of things disturb you!!

You go to the temple to get rid of your sin or to give thanks to the your mother
that gave birth to you!!! NOT RUIN it by rapping other girls in the temple, A Very Sacred place.
When you are represented as a monk in YELLOW Cloth that is already blessed by the ones you love
and higher monks, Your just asking to be sin for life and gives other Monks a bad Name!!!

Ugh!!! Makes me angry that you can do that even for yourself!!

that's horrible...if you're not going to be a monk genuinely or with a pure mindset, then don't even enter the temple as one at all...individuals who take being a monk lightly and turn around to do such terrible acts tarnish the name of the others who actually are pure monks...they give a negative reputation to monks and to the religion...

another thing is, i didn't know monks could have Hi-5 profiles...isn't that kind of contradictory to their vows to get rid of worldly attachments? why would they even need the internet, really?

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
It's been going on for ages. Some of the monks in thailand that does this were either criminal before or sexual perpetrator that escape to be a monk for their sins that they commit.

It just make Buddhism look bad ... not just the people that follow it truly but the religion itself. People need to stop using religion as a tool to their escape and also to commit crimes

dfemc

sarNie Adult
all religious institutions have their share of dirt when it comes organized faith, afterall, it's all manmade.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
a thai monk got someone pregnant a couple years ago. it was a shame. we asked him to leave our temple.

nence

sarNie Juvenile
that's pretty scary. reminds me of one of jet li's wong fei hong movies.