Thai Town in LA

kry*star

sarNie Adult
guys, i'm leaving for the korean hollywood bowl tomorrow (friday) and decided to go tour thai town in hollywodd so please tell me how it's like. it'll be my first time going. is it just like china town??? or is there a lot of thai stuff and the things are different from china town? how big is it? i hope so. are the albums updated? i hope there's still old albums around like the the chinese albums in china town??? thanks in advance :)

kry*star

sarNie Adult
oh thank you so much guys! :)

love thai food. and i will sure try ganda or sanam luang!

I've been to Thai town twice. it's not like Chinatown. Thai town is pretty lonely at times, but they have little nice restaurants that are owned by old couples. It's really peaceful. Their Thai dessert stores are good too. Everything there is nice and book/magazine/video stores, etc. It's pretty nice over there. Just make sure not to go on a Sunday.lol.

why not go on sunday??? in fact, i plan to go there on sunday... i only have time on sunday. don't tell me ti's close :(

fan

sarNie Juvenile
thai town is just a small strip of a street nothing like china town

if your looking for cds they are very up to date it may be a little harder to find really old stuff... but you can try Dokya on the ground floor inside the parking structrue of the thailand plaza (the big pink building) or you can try another place called siam bookcenter which is in the bungluck center a couple of streets down from thailand plaza on the opposite side of the street

and just a note in terms of magazines the old ones are harder to find... but make sure you hit the restaurants... lots of good food i recommend ganda restaurant :lol:

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
awww kry*star you make me wanna go too!..i miss thai town..this time i wanna browse around there even longer...

my sister was annoyed by it..but to me it was like an amusement park! lol i was in one of the vdo/cd store..man..i was taking kinda long too..only me and my cousin was into that kind of stuff the rest were blah! *oh well its my vacation time..i took my time of course! ^_^

pze

sarNie Adult
krystal im going there too....gonna go there for dinner when i get in tonite.....going to sanam luang....hehe.....love that place...its my stop whenever im there.....

n yes thai town is very small....nothing big compared to china or korean town.....

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
awe man i haven't been to thai town in years! it's very small but the CD stores are pretty up to date. i don't know if you'll find old cds. but you can always give it a try. man i need to visit thai town again! as for the resturants, i really don't remember much there was this one resturant that was alright i don't remember what's it called.

KristyS

Lakorn Obsesser
I've been to Thai town twice. it's not like Chinatown. Thai town is pretty lonely at times, but they have little nice restaurants that are owned by old couples. It's really peaceful. Their Thai dessert stores are good too. Everything there is nice and book/magazine/video stores, etc. It's pretty nice over there. Just make sure not to go on a Sunday.lol.

kry*star

sarNie Adult
guys, thanks for the recommendations. i had a good time at thai town and korean town as well :)

man, after seeing the prices of the magazine, it makes me don't want to order mag. from online anymore- they're just much cheaper in thaitown...

thank you fan, was able to find both stores and i went to ganda, the people there were very nice :)

dfemc

sarNie Adult
reun pair makes the best thai dish there in thai town. it's my usual joint when i'm there followed up with baankhanomthai for desserts & sweets.