The Halloween Thread

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I know it's a bit early, but I'm too excited. This is one of my favorite holidays. Not only is it fun to dress up, have a party, or go trick-or-treating, it also include my favorite things in the world... candies!!! Getting free candies is always a plus in my book. I'm 29, and yes.. I still go trick-or-treating (I use my daughter as a prop to get candies, lol). She holds her little jack-o-lantern for the candies while I hold a big shopping bag. :D

So what are you planning on doing this year? What will your costume be? And what's your favorite candy?

This year, I am going to go trick-or-treating with my daughter, niece, and nephews. My costume is the same as the rest of the 365 days in a year, the lady0fdarkness. lol..

And my favorite candy is..

noungning

Heartless
ooohhh i've always liked halloween too! it's always fun to go out when i can. i remember as a kid, i wanted to go out and my parents said NO, because i lived in the ghetto lol and it's not safe to go walking around because people were throwing eggs at you for no good reason!

but when i was old enough, i'd go out with my friends, in one of my friend's neighbor, they gave out loads and loads of candy, one house after the other so we've gone candy begging there for quite some time lol. since they started questioning us about our age lmfao... we stopped. i just bring the kids over now.

but there year, i'm in a new neighborhood, i might just stay home and pass out candy.

in the past, i've been an indian chick... long long black sarong twisted and turned around my body, some red & black make up, and some jewelry for the forehead. i've never really managed to buy a costume... but i remember my parents bought me some when i was a little kiddo... lol like a ninja suit and etc.

my fave candy... um i have too many. but we always fight for the snickers first lol.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
ahhhh Lome! You brought it up!! yay! I was gonna make a thread about halloween. hehe.

I absolutely LOVE Halloween, simply because my Birthday's 2 days before Halloween! B) I don't like going trick-or-treating, but I do like handing out candies to little kids & seeing little kids in their cute costumes. ^_^

So this year, since i'll be turning 21, I will be downtown, dressed as either a sailor, if not anything that's skimpy. :lol: I'll be in the club dancing, maybe drinking but most likely no because I can't handle my liquor, but for sure I will be dancing like there's no tomorrow! Wahooo! Can't wait i'm excited! :D

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
hmm..this yr..i dont know what i will be yet or if i am even gonna dress up at all..lol..cause everything costs $$..and right now its kinda tight..argh :mellow:

hmm..last yr went clubbing in some pirates wannabe outfit..the yr before a go-go dancer...lol i still got the pics...for it too..this yr my sister nor my cousins mention anyhing bout it yet ..might just say home and pass out candies..like last yr.. and every yr since i was a kid...gosh i always end up being the one passing out the candies..and making that sorry we ran out of candies sign!!! i just realized it... :lol:

my fav candies..are the hershey rice krispy miniature candies..i dont know why its my fav..and its been for the longes of time..oh yea and 3 musketeers light and fluffy..gosh now im craving for some of it!

cecilia

Staff member
ooh, i love giving out candies -- so sad b/c we dont' have alot of kid in my neighborhood ..
so when one come by, i give out alot of candy but this year, i heck'of broke .. :lmao:..
maybe i'll take the kid to do treat - kid treating . ^^

ami, i want them musketeer candy now :clap:

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I love Samhain!
It's the only time of year where it's okay for little kids (and everyone else) to go door-to-door and get candy from strangers. :lol:
It's one of those holidays that bring strangers together, whether it be trick-or-treating or at parties, you're bound to end up talking to someone you don't know.

Plus I love that it's suppose to be the 'in between' time when the veil between the world of the dead/other world and the world of the living is very thin.

Saifah

bite me x___
i TOLD MYSELF THAT i WiLL GO TRiCK OR TREATiNG THiS YEAR! AHAHA NEVER TOO OLD!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol ceci..sorry did you want one? i was craving for it..so during lunch i went out to buy two 3 musketeers and one milky way..just one with caramel filling :drool:

btw its not the small size ones neither ..i bought the king size one lol

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
ahhh I want some chocolate now! I want some Mint musketeers ... yum... :drool: Maybe later on today. haha.

Man i haven't been trick or treating in years! I got over walking at night. LOL but I do like dressing up...! so much fun!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
i just had to share the candy bar pic!

I haven't had chocolate in a long while. Hmmm... I am craving for some. :drool:

I usually go out trick or treating and I pass as a kid well a young teenager if not a kid. And then come home and sort out all the candies and give all the bad ones out. LMAO my family and I are so mean. Muahahahaha! But it's not like any kids comes to our neighborhood, I guess all the kids wants to go to those rich homes (they don't give out much since so many people trick or treat there. We are kind of smart, we go to places where not much people would be interested in. Two years ago we were seperated into two groups, me and a few others went to the poorer (not ghetto) neighbor and the others were at the riches, guess who got more candy.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol funfun..yep that is true..i wonder if my nieces and nephew will go trick or treating again this yr..last yr i felt so sorry for them...she said she was cold..and her outfit was some short sleeve dress..i think she was a cheer leader..poor thing..her parents are so disorganized..bout that sort of stuff!..my poor nieces...i might go babysitting them.. this yr..or maybe not..depend on how i feel that day!!

little

sarNie Adult
i love halloween i always get excited when the day comes when i was younger. we will go before it's even dark and the candy givers would said isn't it too early. but they handed it anyway. I thought i was old to trick or treat. my last trick or treating is when i'm 15 yrs old and that's when i feel it's for the younger kids besides i hate it when they always handed out those cheap candies which i really don't like. I like certain candies. i remember when my bro and sisters, me come home from trick or treating we would play cards for candies. we ended losing most of our candies to my bro but he would always give mines and his to me. He doesn't like much sweets. love it. i plan to go to mom or i just stay home do a pot of pho w/bf i'm happy already and past some candies. we hardly have any kids come it's a ghetto place. i don't even like to go outside and my backyard cuz our neighbor have chickens and it smell. be safe

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
LMAO little..omg..we used to play cards with our candies too..i dont care much bout them candies..i already picked out the ones i want to eat..and plays with the ones i dont like.. :lol: those were the good old days!

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
I have no plans yet. I know I'll be going to Knotts Scary Farm but not on the day of Halloween though. I have no plans as of the moment.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I wanna go ghost hunting or a do a hunted tour, that's always fun.
Haunted houses (amusement houses, not really haunted) are pretty fun too but it goes by so fast.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I wanna go ghost hunting or a do a hunted tour, that's always fun.
Haunted houses (amusement houses, not really haunted) are pretty fun too but it goes by so fast.
GHOST hunting??? In the Eye 10, when they tap on the bowls with their chopstick. My friends and I tried it before. We stopped when many dogs started barking louder and louder. We were so scared that we stop and ran off. LMAO you should try it if you really really want to see ghost. LMAO. :lol: