The Hmong Teens' reputation

Yea, i mean, alot of the older adults think it's really wrong to dye ur hair. My hair is like reddish and auburn. My Mom yelled the bejeeberz outta me for doing it. I also changed my style and everything. She thinks its really bad to do it. I've adapted to the American style alot. I don't dress up in Hmong CLothes at the Newyears anymore and all that and i think it's really sad. I talk alot of Hmong though, and I have alot of Hmong Pride in me, but I'm afraid to go to the Hmong rituals cause I don't wanna embarass my parents and let them have a bad reputation about me.

skoo_gurl

sarNie Egg
BLACK! Actually, I've dyed my hair a few times, but that was when I was a little younger and a little immature...but I've grown out of it now...and my hair is staying BLACK...black hair makes me proud!

Mae

sarNie Adult
Call me traditional, I don't dare ruin my parents reputation or my own so I keep mine black...I wouldn't want it any other way.....

tik_aom_luver

sarNie Adult
hmmmm....I FIND IT REALLY STUPID FOR ADULTS TO JUDGE ME JUS BY MY HAIR COLOR....RIGHT NOW...MY HAIR COLOR IS STREAKED...DARKBROWN..MIX WITH LIGHT BROWN...AND BLOND...WITH A LITTLE BLACK.....HEHEHHE....I LIKE IT LIKE THAT...SO IF THEY JUDGE ME THEN...IT'S THEIR PROBLEM.... MY PARENTS SHOULD UNDERSTAND ME TOO....THAT JUS BECAUSE MY HAIR IS THIS COLOR DOESN'T MEAN KUV YOG IB TUS SLUT......U KNOE?????? :D

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
haha...i like your last line tik_aom_luver....hahah.....

i know what you mean about long hair Penny....mine is down to my butt and HELL MY MOM WON"T LET ME CUT IT OFF!!! i'm soooo desperate too but you know old-gies...they're always like "don't cut it...good luck.." all that crap...hell i haven't had good luck since i grew up and had to go find a job....but i'd have to say....once it goes past my butt...i always chop it off a little so it's waist level...then i let it grow back down to my butt and then chop it off again....my mom yells at me everytime i chop it back up to my waist but hell...i ain't letting this hair grow past my butt....it's sooo riduculous to leave it long....but i think my parents reputation matters a lot and i don't want to ruin it by being a "disobeying kid"....so, my hair is black....long....and straight.....

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i dyed my hair a couple times but my mom chose it for me and it's usually brown, dark brown, now im with light brown, it just looks my natural hair color...

Mae said:
Call me traditional, I don't dare ruin my parents reputation or my own so I keep mine black...I wouldn't want it any other way.....
[post="153717"][/post]​

Wow! You're such a good girl, and I'm telling you, please don't turn like me, heh heh, yea, a reputaion like yours should stay okies sweetie?

Long Hair is just plain scary. I HATE it! I mean, when i was a lilo gurl, my mom was like, keep it long, and i was like, "ok". Now, i cut my hair into many styles and layers and dye it. My mom be like "NIAG TSOV TOM POJ LAIB!!!!" Ha ha!

anjos

my hair color is light brown and I like it..... I got short hair..... and it just me.... I like long hair tooo..... but it just toook much too take care... I'm lazy soooo....shot hair is for me...I dont have to do anything much... I dont really care what old people will said...cuz...I hear it alll... it just my hair it not who or how I am.... hair dont define who I am...so it dont matter too me.... trust me gril....when you are my age and go though what I had....you dont really care what others said anymore.... cuz...they dont know who you are..... they just like saying shit......

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
my hair is black and i want it to be black, my natural hair color. but my parents aren't really strict on how our hair is. yeah they'll get mad at us if we did something to it but in couple of days they'll get over it and move on because they know that we aren't bad girls.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
yep... same here... my hair is neither BLACK BLACK or BROWN.... it's somewhere in the middle... so i dye my hair too... now...it's dark golden red... very noticable, but my parents don't mind me doing it b/c they know i'm a good person no matter what my hair color is... all they want is for me to be a good person and they'll give me the freedom i want...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Penny said:
what does that mean!?!?!? i can't read in hmong.
[post="154052"][/post]​

If you think about it the other way, it can also mean

You tiger eating lady gangster :lmao:

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I've gone so many colors...I lost count...my mom use to yell at me a lot and my old g relatives use to talk sh*t all the time...but now I'm going to a University and doing everything on my own while their bad kids are getting married and having kids and just going around messing up their lives...now they can't say SH*T to me!!!

sulad

sarNie Adult
ceda_lee said:
I've gone so many colors...I lost count...my mom use to yell at me a lot and my old g relatives use to talk sh*t all the time...but now I'm going to a University and doing everything on my own while their bad kids are getting married and having kids and just going around messing up their lives...now they can't say SH*T to me!!!
[post="154474"][/post]​
So True! That's why when they talk shiet! I'm like no worries "What goes around will comes around" And look what happen to their own kids! They're even worser than us! But I gotta say the parents need to stop trippin! Because those HTT be like having some blonde ass hair!

SunStar

sarNie Elites
555555.... sorry buddies... i just couldn't help but laugh at the comments about that phrase... i'm pretty sure we all heard it sometime in our life from our parents' yelling at us....55555555

macli

sarNie Hatchling
Hair color
black>Brown>Red Brown>Streaked Copper>Streaks faded to light blonde>attempted white streaks>then onto to blue streaks>right now black again.

I dye my hair every year and always end back with black by the end or middle of the year, one of my most favorite color for hair. I'm young, I want to go crazy before going to being natural. It was weird dressing casual and going around with punky hair colors.

I work plus college, of course I give money for my parents to spend so they are not soo harsh on me...bribery...heheheh. They just learn to accept me the way that I am cause they know me too well.

paxiong04

sarNie Egg
i dye my hair every time my roots come out... so yea my granny only complains and i'll tell her if she wants me to take her to dye like me and then she just stop complaining... my dad he kinda slow because he dont pay attetion to me so yea... i do gte yelled at for spending to much money on it but i dont care... my hair color changes every time....

Mae

sarNie Adult
Penny said:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL isn't it funny when you really put thoes words together, LOL.. like, ok you guys, i'm trying my best to write in hmong.--->key sweoa<-- LOL trying sounding it out! that's the best i can spell it! so Key sweoa putting the words together mean....i can't think of it right now. it's in my mimd, i just can't get the words out!!! come on you guys! it's easy to sound it out! my mom always calls me that. like --> chaw taw key sweoa
[post="154558"][/post]​
I getcha girl...i understand...hehehe....i wonder how to spell that word too....key sweoa..i hear that term soo much.....well, i used to when i was younger...for some reason, my mom always loved the boys alot more than the girls and we always got blame for everything....