The Langauge of Roses

teeRuk

^^YuMMy^^
well since Valentine's Day is coming up..and im sure there's guys or gals out there who might think of getting their love ones flowers and stuff..i found this and i thought it would be nice to share it with ya'll...hehe & oh yeah..a "HAPPY EARLY VALENTINE'S DAY" from me<3

Red Says Romance
The red rose tells your valentine, "I love you." A vibrant and dramatic color, it stands for romance and passion. It's the perfect choice for your true love, the love of a lifetime or someone you want to get the message that it's time to get serious.

White Says Innocence
A white rose tells your angel of a valentine that they're simply "heavenly," and it's a great color choice for the romantic in your life. White roses also stand for innocence, which makes it a perfect color choice for dads to give daughters or sons to their moms

Pink Says Grace
Send deep pink roses and you're telling that someone special you appreciate their graceful style and gentle nature. Send them light pink roses and you're saying, "I really admire you." This rose color is just the right choice to send to someone with love "from your secret admirer."

Yellow Says Friendship
Bright, sunny yellow roses symbolize friendship, affection and joy. Send your best friend a bunch of these stunning blooms with a card that says, "You'll be my best friend forever."

Love lies hidden in every rose~
~ Alfred Noyes ~

The ~Language of Flowers~ originated in Persia in the 15th century, and was brought to Europe in the 18th centuary. In the 19th century, this ~floral code~ became popular and people sent messages in bouquets to each other. Since each flower, colour, and number had a specific meaning, conversations between lovers took place without a single word being used. Roses are the perfect gifts to convey your emotions.
Check them out .....

ROSES & COLOR

Red roses signify love and respect.
Red roses are used for Lovers and stand for respect and courage; they mean love; unity; romantic and passionate love; love.
Amaranth Red - Long Standing Desire
Cardinal Red - Sublime Desire
Carmine Red- Deceitful Desire
Firey Red- Flames of Passion

Black roses signify death hatred and farewell. Used at funerals.
A single black rose was used by a close friend and or loved one leaving for a war or on a journey he did not expect to return from.

Orange and Coral roses imply desire.

Lavender/Purple roses stand for grace, gentility, elegance and refinement.
It is the rose of sweet thoughts, adds enchantment and indicates opulence or majesty.
Lavender roses are also referred to as blue roses.

Peach and Pale colored roses convey sociability and friendship.
Peach roses are also referred to as Pink roses.

Show appreciation or gratitude with pink roses.
Send light pink roses to say you understand, you're sympathetic or you're sorry if someone is ill.

Red & White roses together, or white roses with red edges mean Unity.

Red & Yellow roses together convey happy feelings, gaiety, joviality and happiness

Orange & Yellow roses together mean enthusiasm, desire and passionate thoughts.

White and Coral together, You’re heavenly and I desire you.

Yellow roses symbolize joy and friendship.
Yellow roses in the victorian times meant jealousy. Today they are a sign of friendship, joy, gladness and freedom. They are used for wedding showers.
In Islamic folklore, they symbolize deceit, treachery, and adultery.
In Mexico yellow roses/flowers are a sign of death.
In France yellow roses/flowers represent infidelity.

Send a dozen white roses when you want to connote secrecy, innocence or purity.
White roses symbolize reverence and humility.
Virgin Mary is represented by a white rose as a symbol of her purity.
In American culture, the white roses symbolize security and happiness and are used for weddings.
The white rose is also known as the ~Flower of Light.~
In Scotland when the white rose bloomed in autumn it was seen as a sign of early marriage.
In Wales, white roses represent innocence and silence, and are often placed on the grave of a young child.
In Asian tradition, white stands for the ultimate absence; death.
In Vietnam, the white rose is worn on Mother's Day for those whose mothers have passed away
Red rose is worn on Mother's Day for those with mothers still alive.

ROSES & NUMBERS

1 Rose: Simplicity
2 Roses or Bouquet of Mature Blooms: Gratitude
2 Roses Joined Together: Engagement; Coming Marriage
12 Roses: Ultimate declaration of love
25 Roses: Congratulations
50 Roses: Unconditional Love
Single Rose in Full Bloom: I Love You; Engagement
Full Blown Rose Placed Over Two Buds: Secrecy
Half-blown Rose: Timid love
Thornless Roses: Love At First Sight; Ingratitude; Early attachment
Rose Leaf: Symbol of Hope
Rose Thorn: Danger
Rose in a tuft of grass: Everything to be gained by good company

ROSES & POSITION

Bent to the right - ~I~
Bent to the left - ~You~
Ribbon knotted on the left - Message from the giver
Ribbon knotted on the right - Message about the recipient
Accepted with right hand - Agreement, affirmative
Accepted with left hand - Disagreement, negative
Worn over heart - Love
Worn in hair - Caution
Worn in clevage - Frendship, Rememberance

That's why don't be too happy if someone offer u roses..because all the flower and esp roses have their meaning... ^_^

The language of flower is not easy to understand but it's always a simple way to say our feelings...

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
wow so much meanings and wow there's black roses too? didnt know that....hahaha

but anyways i dont like Roses, it's too romantic.....i prefer White Lilies...*hint hint*, when a person gives that to you, it shows that your important/special to them......sigh now that's sweet :wub:

HAPPY EARLY VALENTINE!!

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Gosh...you guys are no fun. lols.

But..yaww..I agree. :D I actually would much rather just prefer white daisies. They're simple and pretty at the same time.

teeRuk

^^YuMMy^^
hehe..i love white lilies and white roses..*ahem...cough..choke* lol i dont know..im the flower type of girl..lol there's just something about them..lol

teeRuk

^^YuMMy^^
man...this is way off topic..but i keep looking at sarath banner..lol those guys? what's up with that man..creeping me out..lol but yeah..i would love to get white lilies or white roses anytime of anyday..lol