The Princess by Jude Deveraux

fun

Expired Sarnie
 I thought I would try something new. I will start reading this soon lol so I just wanted a place to have a discussion. So I don't know if anyone wants to join in but each week, read a chapter and have a discussion on here.

Manee Yard Fah was base loosely on this novel. 

You have Fri-Wed to finish the chapter. Discussion on the new chapter will start on Thursday. Previous chapter can be discussed but not the chapter that is not assigned that week. 

Edit: Click here to download the pdf file. Link will expire after 15 days.

I recommend purchasing a hard copy if you enjoy this.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Hahha. So this is like a book club except it's online. LOL I'm up for it. Hopefully school work doesn't get in the way too much along the way. Haha :D

fun

Expired Sarnie
You get one week to finish a chapter lol that should be enough. I just started reading the first 5 pages, it starts off with JT being dropped off on his personal island. I feel like since the lakorn focused more on Aria, the book will concentrate more on JT.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I have read this book a long time ago. Now I will have to find it and read it again. Hey sounds like fun. We should do a book club on a book that each person recommends and have a discussion.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
It's interesting to see you gals discussing about one of JD's books in here :bhehe:  I have a whole collection of her books. :spin: :blush:

:eek:fftopic:  :ghehe:  And since you gals are reading this one, you should check out the next book "A Knight in Shining Armor" the story is base on JT's niece. Or better yet, goes back to the beginning and read about how the Montgomery's line started with "The Black Lyon" :wink: :coverlaf:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I have a few of them too. I have heard so many good reviews of "A knight in shining armor" but have yet to read it. I love her books but her books doesn't stay with me as much as Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I have gone and read SEP books a few times over.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I haven't picked up a book in years- pleasure reading that is. After this, I might check on A Knight Shining Armor.

I don't have a large collection of books but I'm thinking of purchasing this book. I am almost done with the first chapter. I never thought that Willy and Anne were so perfectly picked for the lakorn version. JT is 6ft tall, clean cut hair and super handsome. I haven't met Ariya yet so I am super excited.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
I have a few of them too. I have heard so many good reviews of "A knight in shining armor" but have yet to read it. I love her books but her books doesn't stay with me as much as Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I have gone and read SEP books a few times over.

I'm not a big fan of modern setting, almost all the books I read is in the historical setting, so I've never paid attention to SEP. Maybe in the distant future when I ran out of thing to read, I will check SEP's out.  Do you have particular one I should start first?

:shrug:  I think the problem with most of JD's book is they started out pretty slow and it made readers tune out and not enjoying her books as much. :shrug:

"A knight in shining armor" is very good, especially the suspense, but after I read it for the 4th times :bhehe: I think is alright, because I am not satisfied with the way she handled her fiance and his daughter ... I want her to let p'ek beat the crap out of him, and she to kicks the living hell out of them (him and his daughter too). :loool: But nevermind I don't want to give more of the story away. :shutup: :bopping:

If you're done with "AKISA" and enjoy these genre/type of storylines, you should check JD's other book "Remembrance" is about past lives and sort of time traveling. I love it as much or even more than "AKISA", although the beginning of the few chapters is slow and kinda boring, but you still have to stick with it, or else you will not understand the whole story.

Side note: If anyone want to continue to read JD's Montgomery's line/series I'd suggest NOT to read reviews at amazon first, because when the first time the 4 Montgomery's brother novels came out the Velvet Montgomery Annals Quadrilogy, I was so crazy and in love with all the books, and read it few times, but after reading some of the negative reviews at amazon I couldn't even read the book without nitpicking every single thing that was wrong with it, and couldn't even bring myself to read those book again. :cry1:

OK sorry FUN for hijacking your thread :bhehe:  back to the topic now, I'll go refreshes my memory on The Princess and join you gals later. :wink:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Maya_Fantasy:

My favorite books so far

Susuan E. Phillips :
Kiss an Angel= This is one of my favorite of hers. It is set in modern times but probably in late 80s or something like that. The heroine is Daisy and I just love her. It has an arranged marriage. The first chapter started out with the "I Do" and she doesn't even know the name of the hero which she is getting married to. And Alex at times is just mean but not to the point of you actually hating him.  I have read this story numerous times and still love it to this day.

Just Imagine: This is a historical romance. I love Kit and Baron. Kit is a spitfire but stubborn to a fault. She came back to the farm that she believed should have been hers that was left to the hero, Baron. The things she would do to get it back. Though, the beginning she dressed up as a boy but it didn't take long for the hero to find out that she's a girl and one that was handed to him as his ward.

He send her to a refining school for girls and when she returned, the scenes was just too cute. He didn't recognize her at first...was flirting with her and when he finally looked into her eyes and notice her nose only then did he knew it was Kit. The funny part is when her dog saw her he recognized her right away. Baron was mad and walked away...Kit was like, you're just mad because the dog is smarter than you. lol

Honey Moon: That is actually the heroine's name. I love this book but I love the story of Cash and Honey more. There's like two stories in one. Cash/Honey and Eric/Honey. If you read Honey and Cash's story it's almost a story in itself.  Even if Cash is a bit older...lots older lol but the story is well written.

Brenda Joyce:
A lady at last (historical)

Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
Ashes in the Wind (historical)

Julia Quin:
The Viscount who loved me (This is the Bridgerton series) I believe this is the first one. The one with Colin and Phoebe is absolutely beautiful.

Elaine Barbieri:
Wings of a Dove= this book is a bit long but worth it. The ending could have been a little more flushed out but the book is so well written and I remembered I stayed up all night with this one.

Julia Quinn, Julie McNaught, Jane Feather, Karen Robards, Lisa Kleypas and a few more....Most of the authors I read are historical romance. I love that time period. Everything seemed so romantic especially the hero.

Back to the topic: I will have to go to half price book and buy the book. I have no idea where I put the Princess.  

Asy

sarNie Immature
This seems interesting but I'm a lil bit confused here. Is this a original novel; adapted to a lakorn? Where can I read this? What's the title and who's the author?

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Asy: It is the original novel and the lakorn is loosely based on this. Author is (Jude Deveraux) and the title is (The Princess)

Reactions: Asy

fun

Expired Sarnie
byebye said:
I have read this book a long time ago. Now I will have to find it and read it again. Hey sounds like fun. We should do a book club on a book that each person recommends and have a discussion.
If this is successful, we can have a poll for the next novel.  

Maya_Fantasy said:
:shrug:  I think the problem with most of JD's book is they started out pretty slow and it made readers tune out and not enjoying her books as much. :shrug:

OK sorry FUN for hijacking your thread :bhehe:  back to the topic now, I'll go refreshes my memory on The Princess and join you gals later. :wink:
This is a place for everyone to rant and spazz. 

So for those joining, you have this today to next Thursday to read the first chapter. 

To my surprise, the chapter isn't too long or maybe it's just the first chapter that is short? So far it is intriguing. I didn't find it slow pace, it quite fast but it's only the beginning after all. 

JT seems to be bipolar lol One second he calls her honey and baby, then when she tells him that he cannot touch her, he completely turn 180 on her. I hope to read some witty banter between the two soon. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I have a few of Jude's book but not The Princess go figure lol. I'll just look for it tomorrow at the store.

Reactions: fun

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
fun said:
If this is successful, we can have a poll for the next novel.  

This is a place for everyone to rant and spazz. 

So for those joining, you have this today to next Thursday to read the first chapter. 

To my surprise, the chapter isn't too long or maybe it's just the first chapter that is short? So far it is intriguing. I didn't find it slow pace, it quite fast but it's only the beginning after all. 

JT seems to be bipolar lol One second he calls her honey and baby, then when she tells him that he cannot touch her, he completely turn 180 on her. I hope to read some witty banter between the two soon. 

:whahuh: LOL. :loool:  Well I think you should've understand JT just a little and forgives him for being so bipolar off the bat.  He's going :crazy: because he just got out of the hospital, he's homesick and just got shot. Calling her "baby" could be his way of feel being needed and useful again after recovered from such injury. He may sees her as helpless "baby" and needing his macho/manly "Mr. Lieutenant", but when she "rejected"/declined his help his low *self-esteem* could be putting up a wall to protect himself. It did sort of mention that before his injury he was the "IT" guy, with everything to offers, even his friend got wife thru him. (Although now JT still does have it all, but he may not see it that way anymore) :shrug:

Oh I meant some of her other books is a slow start, not this one. :)

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
:

Brenda Joyce:
A lady at last (historical)

Elaine Barbieri:
Wings of a Dove= this book is a bit long but worth it. The ending could have been a little more flushed out but the book is so well written and I remembered I stayed up all night with this one.

Most of the authors I read are historical romance. I love that time period. Everything seemed so romantic especially the hero.

Thank you byebye, I will find time to read all that you have lists, eventually. :wink:

I do have Brenda Joyce's "de Warenne Dynasty" series, but don't have the one you listed. And Barbara Elaine's "Mackinnon" series, but also not the one you listed. :bhehe:

Other authors I have big lots collection from beside JD's are Julie Garwood, Amanda Quick, Elizabeth Lowell, Catherine Creel and every book of J. Lindsey except her latest one. Many more authors I read from that, I didn't list because I only have few books of them and not a big lot collection like those I've mention. :yes:

So true, I totally agree with you the historical setting is just beautiful and the mentality back then with each character is so fascinating. At the same time I learn a thing or two about history that I couldn't get thru in my head while I was in school :yahoo: :loool:  hahahaha

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
My inner bookworm is going haywire for this thread!!! 5555

I have a few JD books but not "The Princess". I may have to look for it since I've read good reviews on it. I like her style of writing. She writes awesome historical/time travel novels. I am currently re-reading Legend.

Someone mentioned, "A Knight In Shining Armor", omg, I love this book! It has a slow start but it was a nice read. I don't like the ending too much but it was okay. I have to re-read it again since the last time I read it was last year.

** I shall start Chapter 1 soon ** Couldn't resist joining this reading club. xD

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
x0unerthanlater said:
My inner bookworm is going haywire for this thread!!! 5555

I have a few JD books but not "The Princess". I may have to look for it since I've read good reviews on it. I like her style of writing. She writes awesome historical/time travel novels. I am currently re-reading Legend.

Someone mentioned, "A Knight In Shining Armor", omg, I love this book! It has a slow start but it was a nice read. I don't like the ending too much but it was okay. I have to re-read it again since the last time I read it was last year.

** I shall start Chapter 1 soon ** Couldn't resist joining this reading club. xD

:dance1:  Me too "xOuner" I couldn't resist this either  :welcome1:  :dance2:
With my busy schedules I don't even have time to watch lakorn anymore, but when I saw this topic I just had to comment on it. :rockon:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was gonna go get the book but had to go to the dermatologist to get a freaking mole removed lol. Anyway....I haven't read in a while since I can't get my kindle to charge. Kindle fire has lots of free historical romance books. I don't even buy them any more just read them for free...but it is a hit and miss.

This thread will be great...I just have too much time on my hands. Maya I wish I was busy but then again I am too lazy lol

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Maya_Fantasy said:
:dance1:  Me too "xOuner" I couldn't resist this either  :welcome1:  :dance2:
With my busy schedules I don't even have time to watch lakorn anymore, but when I saw this topic I just had to comment on it. :rockon:

Same here! I am only watching RS2 at the moment. I wanted to read so I just picked an old favorite like, "Legend" to reread. But then, "The Princess" should be a good read too since it's from JD.

I don't think I've seen Manee Yard Fah. So after reading "The Princess", I may look for MYF. ^_^

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
Is "Legend" good?  I have the book here, but haven't got around to it yet, still got many more on my list that I want to read first.  I read the summary on the back cover and it sounded very interesting :dance1: I like the genre.

You should definitely go watch MYF when you're done with the book xOuner... it was a great lakorn and with Willy and Ann in it, made the lakorn 10times better. :drools:

Byebye why don't you download file from FUN to read for now and then get a hardcover for keepsake later. :wink:

My sister gave me kindle fire because she knows I love to read, but I really have no idea how to use it or how to download ebook into, so I never made use of it. :shrug: :no: LOL @myself :smack: