the sexiest topic out there

Nowadays, it is incredible to note that one of the first shapes of slavery of the woman is sexual slavery.

it is true that although it is not new and exist since centuries, the woman as a sex object and not as human with rights remains one of shames of humanity and of course a large plague of considerable countries.

oh, of course we cannot blame a country and even less the men of this scandalous practice because it is well-known, the human being is egoistic.

and, then, it should be admitted that for certain women it is a choice of life... but what about the other thousands woman in this large-scale industry of the sex?

many are the people who do not feel concerned by this slavery modern (and old) of the woman because they think that this plague touch only other ppl and not them or their entourage...

but i'm sure that if they take just a little time in their life and look at around them they will see that what they think is totally wrong..because rich like poor country have this problem..

this is only the form that change.

Women in poor country have to use their body to earn money to help them to stay alive and and not to die of hunger ..but it's exactely the same thing in rich country....except that in the rich country what also justify the lure of gain is the fact of still growing rich, still and always..

and many are the social classes touched by this ... from the studient who need money to pay her bills or the mother who can't no more join the two ends...

and what is even more unhappy to note is the development and the increase in sexual tourism implying of the childrens

human perversion was always a problem and this is why there is associations which are here to fight against that...maybe they can't do anything but at least they can show how this world is going ...

Talk , talk and always talk...it doesn't help (because for that only actions will mean more than other thing)..but it's better than do nothing and better than the silence... -_-

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
The article on You Mi Kim is a very good article. All of you should at least take a look at it. This issue is incredibly frustrating because of the large scale of it. There's a lot I could write on it, but I won't. You guys should do your own research. However, I do want to point out that with issues like sexual trafficking, it is so large that a lot of times, it's hard to fight it if you don't have the cooperation of all the major governments involved. For example, countries like Thailand and Vietnam have many young ladies who are sent to the US or another country with the lure of having a better life only to become a sex slave. Even if the US decides to come up with laws to protect this issue, criminals still get away with it because they're protected by the government of their own country. Did you know that prostitution is illegal in Thailand? Yet it's known as the sex kingdom around the world. Give me a freakin break! It's ridiculous how many people in this world turn a blind eye towards different issues. I'm sure many government officials in Thailand or whatever know that prostitution is wrong. Yet it's so ingrained in society that most of the time, those politicians ignore it yet say they are against it.

For those of you that think sexual slavery or human trafficking only occurs in third world countries, you're wrong. Here in the US, women have been known to come here through a mail-order bride type deal. Then when they get here, they're either forced to become a maid who works for hardly anything or they become sex slaves. They can't do anything because 1) they can't speak the language which means they have no one to turn to and 2) the person who "owns" them threatens them with the idea of sending them back to their country.

The US is trying somewhat to help out. If you read the SF Gate article, it'll talk about the T-1 Visa. These were implemented so that victims can come foward and don't have to worry about being sent back. However, think about it. If you're new to the US and you're illegal, chances are you don't even know T-1 Visas exist. So for the most part, I'm sure they're ineffective. On top of that, I find it horrible that T-1 Visas were only recently offered.

There are many many other circumstances out there that don't even deal with our country or whatnot. I don't know how you guys feel, but it's a little strange for me to go to Thailand and see young girls who are obviously prostitutes on the streets. I wonder sometimes what their dreams were or how they got to be that way. They're not related to me, but somehow thinking that they are my people makes it a little disconcerting. I guess I can say I sorta feel bad. I can't say I know the solution to these problems but I can try to do my part to help and you all should too. If you go to Thailand or another country and your friends ask you to go to a sex show or whatever, refuse. It's easy to get caught up in the culture of a certain place and forget the underlying problems. It's hard for any individual to do anything. But by educating yourself about these type of stuff, you can find ways to help even if it's small. You don't even have to actively help, but be aware of certain things. Pay attention to strange activities in your community. Treat the prostitutes in Thailand you meet with more respect or whatever.

noungning

Heartless
i've only got to read some of You Mi's blog.

i do feel bad, but what can i say, she's tangled the strings, so she must untangle it herself. she's caused herself some enormous debt that she must repay or she'd be causing her family some misery, in which they were already experiencing.

true, sex slaves/human trafficking is horrible, and we'd only think it happens in third world countries because the more industrialized countries are readily strict and all laws are well enforced...but wrong. actually, we have a few of those "massage spas" in our area, little old rhode island, there were many busted, and i've saw the rooms those girls stayed in [on the news], it was a really small room with about 20 girls in it sleeping on the ground next to one another; like a prison.

it's quite horrible for those forced to do it because they were simply tricked into doing it or otherwise they'd get beaten up or threatened. whilst on the other hand, those who know what they are doing, and walks right into it because they are in a situation like You Mi, who owes massive debt, and must pay it off, or she'd be risking many people's lives, not only her family's, but also her own. either way, i don't think anyone can be happy having sex with a dozen people per day, everyday.

but to the bottom line, i think regardless of how they were brought into the industry, it all started because of money, poverty, and the needs that never end. some people are captured as sex slaves because the person selling them wants money, which is quite sad, and the person being captured has no choice if they want to live and see another day...and there are some "working" to make money the fast way, besides selling drugs to make a fortune, because they have responsibilities which cannot wait, while there are those who likes easy money and caters to the needs of the industry.

yes in thailand, it's illegal to prostitute, but yet it still happens. same with drugs in canada, but yet there is a street dedicated to people that are so high they walk around the streets as zombies, and siringes are everywhere. there isn't enough enforcement and care for the situation. what people would rather do is cover up and ignore that this is a big problem. for example thailand, many foreigners travel there because it's known for sex tours and such but the government isn't paying much attention to the situation because they believe they have a bigger problem at hand, which is political instability. especially in the south, so they rather ignore this ugly scene, and deal with, what is in their perspective, the "more important" aspect. i think the same goes with the united states, we have so many problems of little things, but not enough enforcement and attention is paid to those things, rather we spend billions of dollars elsewhere building their country, while our own country is becoming one big hell hole. :angry:

going back to prostitution in thailand, i personally know some people in thailand doing this [i've met them there, i have no relations to them, but they are related to the people i know]. the place is pattaya, and pattaya is a well known sex selling capital of thailand. i didn't think much of the place before i went besides, "oh we're going to the beach, i hope it's pretty." but boy oh boy when i got to the city, it was like a club scene everywhere, it was in broad daylight, so it was like a scene of spring break, basically. met the people we went to visit, went to eat on the beach, and started chatting. i didn't know what they did as a job, but as they started telling their stories, it was getting clearer and clearer that they were prostitutes. regardless of how they praised their job because they are able to bring in so much money, and get to travel to other countries, it was basically selling sex for money. i sat there being very confused, but i didn't want to show disgust because that's the way they chose to live their life. and don't get me wrong, i see them like another human being and knowing that didn't make me change my attitude or manner towards them. i respect everyone, regardless of what they choose to do in their lives. they prefer the easy path, rather than earn every penny by working in factories and such like other people who's grew up with the same background. :mellow:

but if there were never any demand to be catered to, this wouldn't be happening. it's like a sad sick cycle of self satisfaction, if everyone appreciated life like it is, we'd all reach nirvana. but unfortunately it's life, and people will never stop wanting more and more of what they've never had, and sadly enough money is what many people believe is the ultimate answer to everyting.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
and sadly enough money is what many people believe is the ultimate answer to everyting. <_<

It's not the ultimate answer to everything but it will definitely solve a lot of issues. I say it's up there right in between the answer to "What's the purpose of life?" and "Where is Carmen San Diego?"

noungning

Heartless
well it isn't the answer to everything, but many individuals believe it is. it's all in perspective...

we all think money leads to happiness [talking from a poor person's perspective]. :unsure: but i don't know because i'm poor and i'm unhappy lmao :p so if i win the jackpot, i might be able to tell if money leads to happiness hahah :lol:

we have a good expression in french to show how money is important :

"l'argent est le nerf de la guerre"

But well,..don't khnow how to translate it in english but this is the best way to say how it's important to have it in this world...

By the way, today is THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF WOMENS

dfemc

sarNie Adult
we have a good expression in french to show how money is important :

"l'argent est le nerf de la guerre"

But well,..don't khnow how to translate it in english but this is the best way to say how it's important to have it in this world...

By the way, today is THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF WOMENS
YES! indeeed it is INT'L WOMEN'S DAY!!!!!!!! :yahoo: hmmm...for that reason, lili, i believe u should join me on the radio tonite, if possible n celebrate with a great discussion over women's issues, so...what do ya say? :dude:

YES! indeeed it is INT'L WOMEN'S DAY!!!!!!!! :yahoo: hmmm...for that reason, lili, i believe u should join me on the radio tonite, if possible n celebrate with a great discussion over women's issues, so...what do ya say? :dude:
:rolleyes: you are the best Dfemc!!!...if if I could I would accept this proposal but I think that it will be for another occasion -_- but the good thing is i listen u right now... ^_^

:clap: The women are the pillars of this world :clap:

i don't feel disgusted at women who are in prostitution, because there's so much tragedy for them, and it's not like they want to do it...they have no choice, since they are in debt, poverty, etc. and sometimes they really do just need the money to survive on a daily basis, while others are forced into it. :( prostitution is everywhere, in every country...and it's sad, but it looks like prostitution will never be completely eliminated. canada is one of the few places in the world that legalizes prostitution, and they don't seem to have trouble with police raids, unhealthy living conditions, violent supervision of workers, etc. right now, there are several non-profit organizations that assist workers in other, poverty-stricken countries by giving them instructions on health precautions, disease prevention, and they hand out condoms etc. to influence safer working conditions. i, personally, think that (since it looks like prostitution isn't likely to end completely soon, but instead will only grow) instead of trying to end it (which doesn't seem to work well), people should first put effort into informing workers, etc. and educating them of health hazards and how to safely engage in their trade. right now, there are so many dangers to prostitution for the workers, such as murders, abuse, etc., and i feel that that's because of the undercover nature and undercover organizations of prostitution. if it were legalized as in canada, the law would be more successful in monitoring the conditions, etc. which would prevent madams and pimps from abusing workers and prevent murders (murder of prostitutes make up a large percent of the USA's murders each year) by customers, etc. some people just need to work in this industry in order to meet their needs and survive, but prostitution is culturally shunned and is illegal, so they must do so in secret by undercover methods, which is extremely dangerous for them. something has to be done to assist the workers' safety and educate them and create harsher penalties for the violent madams and pimps that threaten the workers into bondage, before the prostitution situation can get better. prostitution by choice of the workers should be legalized, as long as safe, healthy conditions are enforced. the workers are not at fault.

noungning

Heartless
:clap: nice thai-lakorn-fan-forever

but to have it legalized would probably never happen especially in places known for it like thailand. but it's true they must do something to empower those who are in the industry, by educating them and letting them know how to protect themselves from diseases and being a homoside victim.