The thing about Thai music

suayrerdcherdsode

sarNie Adult
I hope there isn't already a thread about this on here and I definitely hope I'm not starting a battle. I've heard a lot of things about Thai music on the web and people comparing it to international music such as American and Korean. The thing is, it really can't be compared. It's in a totally different language! Okay sometimes some songs sound familiar to others but that doesn't mean it is a "copy" or "wannabe". There is no and should not be a language barrier to music.

Similarly, Korean music is being compared to American music. I get so frustrated and annoyed when people on YouTube say "this is some shit" or "this definitely sounds American" or "so and so copied so and so." Like really? Stfu!

That not only applies to Korean music but also others as well. Have you ever heard or read somewhere where people say things like that? Have you ever heard or read somewhere that "thai music is crap, kpop is better" or "this is so much better than kpop" or "American music sucks, kpop is better"? Does that not bother you? Maybe it's just me because I can't stand when people say or comment such things. Why can't we all just enjoy the music and respect the artist?

With that being said, THERE ARE A FEW COVERS OUT THERE that are being referred to as COPIES. You, as the listener, viewer, the one that is supposedly enjoying the music, SHOULD NOT be saying or commenting that "this artist copied that artist". Shut up! That shit is called A COVER! There really is NO such thing as copying music!

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Agreed, I heard somewhere that WAii copied a song from Mariah Carrey, and they were calling her a wannabe and copier and i was so pissed off. I don't think that it's copying and it's just a song to enjoy.

suayrerdcherdsode

sarNie Adult
^ I know right. I heard that somewhere too. In addition, I've seen on YouTube a Khmer guy (not sure if he's a singer and I don't know his name) DOING A COVER of Bie's "I Need Somebody", "Toh Mah Wah Ruk", and "Jung Wah Hua Jai". Some viewers commented that "Bie copied the Khmer singer" and I was like "OMFG, they did not just go there!" That's called a f*ckin COVER! If an artist did "copy" another artist, there would've been some legal accusations.

The same issue with P'Bird Thongchai's "Aom Pra Mah Pood" and another Khmer singer. Actually, a lot of P'Bird's songs were COVERED by Khmer artists.

And the issue with Gun Napat COPYING Se7en. Gun's song "Huhh" was compared to Se7en's "Come Back to Me", which to me sounds nothing alike.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
I hate how they say that 7Days(kamikaze, RS) copied wonder girls and snsd. I love those two kpop groups. But 7days certainly did not copy them. Cause if they did, it would not come out the same year. Like only a month after. Yet they said Thai people don't act cute. Only Korean singers can. I was like "psh, Anyone can act cute. Thats so dumb" stupid people.
Also what they said about Waii, I'm not sure, but it's a total up beat song unlike Mariah Carey, it's slow and not up beat. I prefer "Mai Rak Tur" than "touch my body".
Another, Korean people thinks kpop is the "shit". Honestly kpop isn't all the "shit". Thai pop can be better than kpop sometimes. I like kpop, I just hate how Thai pop gets compared and people e all like, "this sounds so kpop! Copy cats" seriously, I just wanna be like, "stfu. How would you guys know. You guys don't own the music. Just be quiet and shut the f*** up!"
Also, Candy Mafia was called "2ne1 copy cats" just cause their theme was the "same". It was sorta the same but different.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Oh man. Don't even get me started on this topic. LOL I dislike Kpop with a fiery passion. No joke. I hate how everyone thinks Korean is the "thing" when really no they're not. No offense. If Thai can't copy Korean, which I don't ever like it when they supposedly do, then why should Korean copy western style? Like Korean popstars have been in troubled for trying to copy a certain western singer's songs and whatnot. Something like happened with Big Bang? I don't know honestly since I don't care. Haha. But no, this kind of topic pisses me off just thinking about it. LOL

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
MUSIC IS RECYCLED AROUND THE WORLD!!!

I'm a music freak.. LOVER.. I listen to anything pleasing to the ears. It's true you hear similar stuff here and there.. but wthey? If it's totally different lyrics, then it's totally fine. Many sound music, beats, etc.. are being reused over and over.. You can't even claim who used it first because even the artists aren't the original music users.. I could go on forever explaining...

It's just other people who has no lives what so ever that always has to go complaining left and right.. trying to claim orginality. I swear it's such a pain. Can't we all just appreciate music that is given to us? If not, then let's all just go deaf!

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
True, if you don't like that they "copied", then don't listen to it. I also heard about the bigbang thing that G-Dragon copied heartbreaker from an american dude and i was like so what who cares.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ it was just the beat and rapping style. (mostly rapping style in this case)
~Flo Rida - Right Round --------- G-Dragon - Heartbreaker --------- C-Quint - Game Tai Jai~

Using them as an example, you can see where the fingers gets pointed at for plagiarism. It'll go G-D copied Flo Rida.. then C-Quint copied G-D. It's a never ending cycle.. blah blah blah..

suayrerdcherdsode

sarNie Adult
^ it was just the beat and rapping style. (mostly rapping style in this case)
~Flo Rida - Right Round --------- G-Dragon - Heartbreaker --------- C-Quint - Game Tai Jai~

Using them as an example, you can see where the fingers gets pointed at for plagiarism. It'll go G-D copied Flo Rida.. then C-Quint copied G-D. It's a never ending cycle.. blah blah blah..
Personally, I don't like G-Dragon and didn't like Game Tai Jai by C-Quint. I don't like rap/hip hop like that but Right Round by FloRida was...entertaining and I started to like it after watching Hangover. Lol.
I've watched all three MVs and still don't see the similarity and resemblance. Maybe it's just me.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I'm ok with flo rida. I LOVE G-D. I like C-quint :)

well, everyone has their own taste and bias of music and celebrities. I choose to appreciate all type of music.. <3